Making a Program Exciting

tabata…make it hurt so good…

I still say EDT.

Also strong man stuff O lift. Just new exciting and challanging stuff. Dragging sled. pushing cars mix it the hell up if shes game.

Staleys 7 Day itch I think it was may be a great base to look at.

[quote]fedorov91 wrote:
She is motivated and experienced…

That seems to be the problem…

She doesn’t want the same old, same old…[/quote]

if she’s motivated and experienced she doesn’t need a personal trainer…

she’d get off her ass and research an ‘exciting’ program herself and do it…

Part of being a personal trainer is adapting to the client. I know everyone has their ‘ideal’ training for their client, but the client must be want to perform. I’m sure many trainers encounter the client who ‘only’ has 2 days per week to train. What do you do? You must put food on the table for yourself. You adapt. With that said I will get off of the soap box.

Put her on a 3 days per week routine. Train the entire body each session with different exercises per session.

For example:

Day 1
Squats
Bench press
Barbell rows
Lateral raises
Abs

Day 2
Deadlift
Military Press
Lat pulldowns
Skull crushers
Abs

Day 3
Lunges
Dumbell Bench Press
Dumbell one arm rows
Dumbell curls
Abs

If you have access to a track, put her through a sprint routine. It is very easy to make a workout appear ‘creative’ and ‘innovative’. There are an abundance of great exercises to choose from.

beef

Ask her what she finds interesting? Has she seen anything? What did she enjoy before? Is she open to obscure strongman stuff? Its called getting feedback. Probably a essential component of working with people.

Olympic weightlifting, gymnastics?

Is she training for a sport? All training eventually gets boring when you aren’t doing FOR something.

I think she mentioned that she wanted “core” exercises with a stability ball and some creative cable exercises.

Any ideas? I am a free weight kind of guy. I am not to experienced with stability balls or cables.

heh sounds like you got some homework to do. but for cables, what kind of cables? Like weighted cables or is she talkin about power band style stuff? Either way you gonna have to do some reading bro.