Making a Metal Block for Pressing?

any ideas?

Do you really want a metal block to press? You can easily just find a big ass bolder in the woods instead!

itd be ideal in case they have it in competition

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Do you really want a metal block to press? You can easily just find a big ass bolder in the woods instead![/quote]

this is true i see your point

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:
itd be ideal in case they have it in competition[/quote]

I’d just press sandbags and/or find a big ass boulder! I’ve never heard of any amateur competitions using steel blocks anyway.

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:
itd be ideal in case they have it in competition[/quote]

I’d just press sandbags and/or find a big ass boulder! I’ve never heard of any amateur competitions using steel blocks anyway.[/quote]

who says im an amateur?

This is gonna sound a little weird and I have zero pics but will attempt to get some. A friend of mine over seas had a metal block Pres event for reps. Now he works magic with a welder but he built what I believe was 2 -1/2 ft long 1 1/2 feet wide 8 or 10 inches deep. The top of the box opened and he had a 1 3/4 piece of tube sticking straight up in the center where he could load plates and actually adjust the weight of the box. The top part would close flush on the tube and could be latched shut so wouldn’t open when over head.

I believe the box its self was about 70lbs with all the steal and could be loaded up with like 4 35lbs plates for like a 210lbs total and would shove 10lbs sand bags in the spare space if extra weight was needed. Cost about $100 dollars to make he said but he did all the fabrication work him self so maybe more for labor. Hope this makes since if not I will try to explain better.

[quote]Reed wrote:
This is gonna sound a little weird and I have zero pics but will attempt to get some. A friend of mine over seas had a metal block Pres event for reps. Now he works magic with a welder but he built what I believe was 2 -1/2 ft long 1 1/2 feet wide 8 or 10 inches deep. The top of the box opened and he had a 1 3/4 piece of tube sticking straight up in the center where he could load plates and actually adjust the weight of the box. The top part would close flush on the tube and could be latched shut so wouldn’t open when over head.

I believe the box its self was about 70lbs with all the steal and could be loaded up with like 4 35lbs plates for like a 210lbs total and would shove 10lbs sand bags in the spare space if extra weight was needed. Cost about $100 dollars to make he said but he did all the fabrication work him self so maybe more for labor. Hope this makes since if not I will try to explain better.[/quote]

im alittle confused, but it gave me an idea to make a box with those dimensions, and feel with concrete and make it just like a stone mold

That works too lol. His way was just adjustable.

[quote]Reed wrote:
That works too lol. His way was just adjustable.[/quote]

bro your from georgia hit my youtube up bro
where you from?

I am in Columbus GA right now due to military but when I return home ill be Dade county the farthest north western corner right by Chattanooga TN. Where are you at. What’s the channel under.

heres channel
i go to ga southern

Bigg Dogg Strongg makes a metal block press they had at their January and July shows.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
Bigg Dogg Strongg makes a metal block press they had at their January and July shows. [/quote]

thanks bro