Makes Your Hair Stand On End

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

One night while bouncing i saw a dude get his whole face punched in. He died right there.
[/quote]

I’d like to hear more about this one…

[quote]SSC wrote:
Well, I’ve told this story MANY times and no one’s ever really believed me. It’s nothing crazy, and I will preface it with the cliche “No, I don’t believe in extraordinary phenomena” and I like to think I have looked for it a fair share.

That being said, in probably 8th grade, I was staying at a friends’ house. His place is an old, huge farm house from the 19th Century. He, his brother, his dad and I were all sitting watching TV just kind of hanging out. His brother got up and left, going to sleep. It wasn’t asinine-late, but it was well past midnight IIRC. His Dad was getting around to going upstairs to going to sleep too and we were all chatting.

His Dad was standing in the doorway near the stairwell, my friend and I were sitting on two separate couches in the living room. A lamp between us provided light for us, other than the main centralized light fixture in the room. Through chatting, we did end up start talking about something creepy (his house was again, really old and consistently creepy,) when all of a sudden blink the lamp goes off. Okay, that’s nothing to rustle your jimmies over except for the fact that the goddamn lamp pullstring was dangling back and forth as if someone had just pulled it. No bullshit.

His Dad had a “Oh fuck” look on his face and giggled and screamed and ran up the stairs. (I know this sounds silly but it was like a nervous giddiness.)

Anyway, yeah, nothing crazy but still the closest thing to a bizarre phenomena I’ve ever experienced.[/quote]

Easy explanation!

If it was one of those bead-chain pullstrings on the lamp, one of the beads got caught on the ferrule from the last time someone pulled it. It released itself, lamp went off, and since the tension had been suspended by the caught bead, the snap of the release pulled it back in and caused the motion.

We had a lamp like that at our old shore house.

A friend and I had the bright idea to hang out at a graveyard in the middle of the night when I was in high school. As we were walking through the cemetery, something felt odd beneath my feet like the ground was sinking or shifting. Then all of a sudden we both felt this massive presence around us, which felt very dark and aggressive. We froze without saying anything and then looked at each other with a, “Let’s GTFO of here” expression. We ran to the car and promptly left. Still gives me the willies thinking about it.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:
Well, I’ve told this story MANY times and no one’s ever really believed me. It’s nothing crazy, and I will preface it with the cliche “No, I don’t believe in extraordinary phenomena” and I like to think I have looked for it a fair share.

That being said, in probably 8th grade, I was staying at a friends’ house. His place is an old, huge farm house from the 19th Century. He, his brother, his dad and I were all sitting watching TV just kind of hanging out. His brother got up and left, going to sleep. It wasn’t asinine-late, but it was well past midnight IIRC. His Dad was getting around to going upstairs to going to sleep too and we were all chatting.

His Dad was standing in the doorway near the stairwell, my friend and I were sitting on two separate couches in the living room. A lamp between us provided light for us, other than the main centralized light fixture in the room. Through chatting, we did end up start talking about something creepy (his house was again, really old and consistently creepy,) when all of a sudden blink the lamp goes off. Okay, that’s nothing to rustle your jimmies over except for the fact that the goddamn lamp pullstring was dangling back and forth as if someone had just pulled it. No bullshit.

His Dad had a “Oh fuck” look on his face and giggled and screamed and ran up the stairs. (I know this sounds silly but it was like a nervous giddiness.)

Anyway, yeah, nothing crazy but still the closest thing to a bizarre phenomena I’ve ever experienced.[/quote]

Easy explanation!

If it was one of those bead-chain pullstrings on the lamp, one of the beads got caught on the ferrule from the last time someone pulled it. It released itself, lamp went off, and since the tension had been suspended by the caught bead, the snap of the release pulled it back in and caused the motion.

[/quote]

you had a house on the Jersey Shore?

now that is scary~

My daughter’s first words were “woof woof” and she knows that is what to call a dog. Cartoon dog, dog on TV, dog in pictures, doesn’t matter, she knows what a “woof woof” is. There is a picture on my Life’s Good tee shirt that she even knows is a “woof woof”. Couple months ago we had our dog put down.

Last week we were eating and she kept looking to the corner of the room and saying “woof woof”. Without fail, every couple of mins would look at the same spot and say it. She doesn’t say this for anything but dogs. There are no pictures of dogs in that room, nor are any of her toys or books in that room.

My wife and I were pretty much freaked out, but seeing as my dog was awesome, we’re okay with him hanging around the house.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

Easy explanation!

[/quote]

way to ruin a childhood memory LOL

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

Easy explanation!

[/quote]

Ah, thank you! Definitely makes sense. I can now go back to happily assuming plausible deniability for the supernatural. :slight_smile:

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

One night while bouncing i saw a dude get his whole face punched in. He died right there.
[/quote]

I’d like to hear more about this one…[/quote]

Drunk and spoiled kid tries rubbing a girls pussy as she walks by.

She slaps him and waves her boyfriend over

BIGGEST HUMAN IVE EVER SEEN

5 ft 10 around 400 pound BEAST…of course not lean but had huge EVERYTHING

The dude none of us security guys wanted to mess with.

They argue and make their way to the parking lot. White dude swings. Huge dude takes the punch and returns one of his own.

He hit the dude in the nose and crushed his face. The kid dropped and there was just a hole there

Simple.

This was in 1979 or so. I was at someone’s house that I had gotten to know through my brother. He claimed to have a ghost in his house that came out every so often late at night, just materialized in one of the rooms. It would respond to calls, would look at them and eventually disappear. I figured it was another one of his BS stories and left it at that.

A few months later, we were at his house late at night watching a movie on HBO. My friend and his wife were dozing off, it was me and the dog. I see the dog stand up and watch something in the dining room… sure as shit, it was the ghost. It looked like an indian (American) teenage boy… wispy and you almost see through it. Every hair on my head felt like it was standing on end. I shook my buddy awake, he just looks at it and says, “see?”. He stands up, says hello to the spirit and it looked our way and then vanished. I never saw it again, nor did I hang out there too late ever again.

I later found out that the area his house was built on was a burial ground for soldiers (and maybe some locals…) during the revolutionary war.

Rob

^Did this guy eventually show up at your friends house?

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]Kakarat wrote:
I’m sure an old thread about this exists, but I’d like this one to be fresh.

I want to know what has happened in your life that you have been in ABSOLUTE disbelief as to what you were seeing.

I’m talking one MAYBE two things that even thinking about it now makes your hair stand on end.

It can be anything it just has to be legit.

1. It’s legit

2. It’s awesome enough to contribute

[/quote]
I have really really really uncomfortable stories, that I will start posting if someone gives a legit story. [/quote]

Let’s hear them.

I just came back from an 10 week work deployment in the desert of New Mexico having been the lead engineer during very large exercise from an engineering standpoint. I did not get paid much in overtime and received a small bonus for my efforts.

One of the people who supported it was a giant pussy, contributed almost nothing, whined everyday, and was only there for 11 days. He received the same size bonus along with the same certificate.

The two other men who were out there for months serving under me and working their asses off have received nothing of the sort.

Yea, not that exciting, but I’m STILL pissed about it. Pissed for me because that turd is my direct competition for promotion, and pissed for my men because they deserve more than his bitch ass does.

i was walking my dogs late at night in my yard. i was just standing with my back to my palm trees (which i think i have in my pictures.) i zoned out for a minute and then i heard a violent rustling in the trees. my first thought was that a monster was leaping out of the trees at me and i yelped, went into bullet time, all of that. i thought it was the mothman but it was just a branch that broke and fell, which happens often.
ps-i watch alot of horror movies

Wasn’t until reading this thread that I started thinking back to certain experiences and realized the times I get that hair standing on end feeling have been when I’ve seen an apparition (supernatural appearence of a person or thing, ghost, etc.) There have been 3 occurences when I’ve been at my parent’s house where I’ve seen the same figure at the end of the same hallway. Every time I first got a quick feeling of unease/ something off, which led me to look in a certain direction (down the hall) and then see this figure that I felt I knew but couldn’t explain why. Just eerie to me at least.
Another time I saw a male, late 20’s, on a side trail of a public biking/ jogging/ walking trail who was hung
with a belt attached to a branch that was low enough where he was in a kneeling postion with his knees almost able to touch the ground. Arms dangling and lips with a blue black tint. That was a feeling where my stomach and heart dropped like on a rollercoaster, not a hair stand on end feeling.

When I was 12 the movie halloween resurrection came out, i remember seeing it with my friends and wasnt really affected by the movie. Later that night i ended up staying up pretty late, probably around 3 or 4 o clock and i remember wanting to go to sleep but my mind got the best of me and i kept envisioning michael myers opening my door (the door to my room at the time was a sliding door). Well im in bed, lights on, tv off just staring at the door freaked out at this point. All of a sudden the door starts sliding open and i scream like a little bitch, it was my mom who had woken up to go to the bathroom and saw the lights on. Scared the crap out of me.

Another time was a few months ago down at Ground Zero. I was working on Tower 4 and I was in the street helping hook on to the load, im up on the truck and i hear a huge slam. I look over to Tower 3 which was no more than 60 feet away to see a 13,000 lb beam that had rolled over in between two other beams. We all ran over to see what had happened and while im looking down the middle i see a bright green shirt and a kid I went to apprentice school with under this beam just mangled. I was in shock and i’d never seen anything like it in my life. The kid survived and is somehow walking today, thank god.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
My daughter’s first words were “woof woof” and she knows that is what to call a dog. Cartoon dog, dog on TV, dog in pictures, doesn’t matter, she knows what a “woof woof” is. There is a picture on my Life’s Good tee shirt that she even knows is a “woof woof”. Couple months ago we had our dog put down.

Last week we were eating and she kept looking to the corner of the room and saying “woof woof”. Without fail, every couple of mins would look at the same spot and say it. She doesn’t say this for anything but dogs. There are no pictures of dogs in that room, nor are any of her toys or books in that room.

My wife and I were pretty much freaked out, but seeing as my dog was awesome, we’re okay with him hanging around the house. [/quote]
that’s actually pretty damn cool

I wish I had a cool story to share.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
… There’s some more interesting parts of the story as well. Will tell them another time.[/quote]

<— Betting it has something to do with the dude’s GF.

Also he wanted me to call him whenever i had to piss so he could listen…he would pay for that too.

[/quote]

Did you accept the offer, you freak?