Makes Your Hair Stand On End

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
Second one, a little more involved. While I grew up hunting and fishing I pretty much was a dog guy. I had coonhounds, bird dogs, and beagles until I joined the Navy. One of my Bluetic Hounds “Sam” took off one night while hunting and I didn’t find him.

Fast forward a week of looking and my GF’s uncle told me he spotted him off the back of a beef-cow pasture. He’d killed a calf and been feeding off it. I loved Sam, even had some graduation pictures taken with him. It broke my whole soul but I had to go set up on this calf carcass and put him down, he’d gone wild and there was no coming back. A couple nights later I was set up on that carcass and Sam came wandering in. He smelled me and tried to get further down-wind, I nickered and called out “easy son…” It was enough for him to slow down and look over his shoulder. I put one in his ear from about 25 yards or so.

Fast forward another year and I’m driving at night on the '94 through Chicago while freezing rain begins to fall. I come around a right handed curve and see a pile up of a few cars and commence to do everything wrong, grip up on the steering wheel, slam on the brakes and fishtail a few times knowing full well I’m going to run into this pile of metal at about 60 mph. Then for whatever reason, my big Buick Regal rights itself and slides to the drivers side shoulder and stops, as if something from above grabbed the car and maneuvered it for me, not a scratch on me or the car. So, that happens, and I’m sitting there twisted from adrenalin still gripping the steering wheel barely remembering to breathe when I hear clear as day:

“easy son…”

Coincidence or not, I know what I heard. This story is one I rarely tell because it’s a fucking sad story about a kid and his dog, and I’m also a more pragmatic dude and tend to stay away from the supernatural, but it happened, and that’s my recollection.

[/quote]

I’m sorry about your dog, man. I don’t know how you were strong enough to do what you did - I know I wouldn’t be.

And that is freaking amazing about hearing ‘easy son…’ after you avoided some serious shit. Maybe ol’ Sam was looking down on you.

I haven’t shared anything yet in this thread… so I guess I’ll give it a go. I have a lot of stories but I’ll start with a shorter one.

I worked third shift for a while a couple years back. On the weekends I’d usually instantly revert back to a normal sleep schedule but on occasion I’d just keep on my third shift schedule.

On one such occasion I had stayed up on the weekend… it was probably around 3-3:30am. I was in the kitchen getting a glass of milk and for some reason I had the thought to turn on my back yard’s flood light to see if there was anything at the bird feeder.

When I flipped it on I saw the most terrifying and menacing image I have ever seen. I saw what appeared to be a very tall, skinny, and dark humanoid staring straight back at me. Its eyes reflected the light right back at me. I was absolutely petrified in fear. I could not move. It did not move either.

I continued to panic for what felt like an eternity when suddenly what I was seeing seemed to change into a deer. I was instantly relieved that it was only a deer but I was still quite shaken up.

When reflecting upon this memory… I simply wonder if what I saw was from another side. A side I can’t comprehend and if it was able to influence my mind into thinking it was just a deer… shudder

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
I haven’t shared anything yet in this thread… so I guess I’ll give it a go. I have a lot of stories but I’ll start with a shorter one.

I worked third shift for a while a couple years back. On the weekends I’d usually instantly revert back to a normal sleep schedule but on occasion I’d just keep on my third shift schedule.

On one such occasion I had stayed up on the weekend… it was probably around 3-3:30am. I was in the kitchen getting a glass of milk and for some reason I had the thought to turn on my back yard’s flood light to see if there was anything at the bird feeder.

When I flipped it on I saw the most terrifying and menacing image I have ever seen. I saw what appeared to be a very tall, skinny, and dark humanoid staring straight back at me. Its eyes reflected the light right back at me. I was absolutely petrified in fear. I could not move. It did not move either.

I continued to panic for what felt like an eternity when suddenly what I was seeing seemed to change into a deer. I was instantly relieved that it was only a deer but I was still quite shaken up.

When reflecting upon this memory… I simply wonder if what I saw was from another side. A side I can’t comprehend and if it was able to influence my mind into thinking it was just a deer… shudder[/quote]
Some Native American cultures believe Sasquatch and its cousins can shapeshift or induce illusions to avoid detection. It could’ve even been a skinwalker which is much more dangerous. Hopefully it wasn’t a rug-a-rou but what you described sounded like a one-time deal and doesn’t really match conventional description.

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]StevenF wrote:
WOKE UP TO A GOD DAMN ALIEN STANDING NEXT TO ME!!![/quote]

I used to have terrible recurring nightmares about shit like that. They were extremely vivid; the kind of dream where you have to convince yourself you’re not awake. I would “wake up” and get out of bed to get a drink or something. I would always hear it before I saw it. It made the creepiest fucking noise. The dreams weren’t always identical, but for example I would start going back upstairs to my bed, and I would see it silhouetted at the top of the staircase. The skinny grey looking ones with the huge heads and enormous black eyes.

I would be frozen in terror at first, but then I would always try and rush at it and kill it. I could never reach it though. I would always start out sprinting up the staircase, but it was like I started passing out. My limbs got really heavy, and I would keep trying to crawl up the stairs dragging myself with my arms, but I never made it; the world would always close in on me and I would black out in the dream and then wake up for real.[/quote]

I’ll never believe what I saw was a dream. I woke up and laid there for a couple seconds then heard a high pitched humming sound. Then I’m on my back frozen and next to me there is a 3ft tall thing in a gray colored cloak giving off a glow. I couldn’t see its face and it grabbed my arm and then I “woke up” but I was actually praying for it to be over while it was happening and I was just able to move again. That was some freaky shit. [/quote]
“I want to believe.” The most interesting facet of this theoretical incident is to contemplate what would warrant a visit to you in particular.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
I have a few of these moments in my life.

First one, pretty straight forward. Was bow hunting at age 14 or so and heard a bobcat scream as dark was setting in. For those who’ve never heard it, the sound comes straight from hell, it really does. Grandads and Great Uncles will tell tall tales about it, but when you hear it… Yeah.
[/quote]

Yes they are very eerie, almost like a woman screaming, and there are more in Michigan now than when you lived here.

One thing you probably didn’t hear much of that I hear all the time at my cabin in the Northern lower is Coyotes. It is a pretty disconcerting sound when they are on a kill. Never heard that as a kid up there. Unfortunately, my new neighbor about a 1/4 mile away is raising hunting dogs and that is pretty much all I hear day and night.

Worst animal sound I ever heard was when my dad pulled up out of reflex and blew a rabbit in half with his Ruger 44 Mag. The squealing was awful.

As far as seeing spooky things, in the early 80’s there were a lot of reports of big cat sightings in south east Michigan and someone even had a horse killed within ten miles of my house.

One early evening I was in the car with my sister and a friend when I saw a black cat the size of a large dog on the side of the road from about forty yards. We only saw it for a few seconds before it slinked of into the darkness, but anyone who has been around animals knows the difference between how a cat and dog moves. Not really scary I was more stoked at the time.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
he’d gone wild and there was no coming back. A couple nights later I was set up on that carcass and Sam came wandering in. He smelled me and tried to get further down-wind, I nickered and called out “easy son…” It was enough for him to slow down and look over his shoulder. I put one in his ear from about 25 yards or so.[/quote]

Is that a real thing? Can dogs just completely go feral in the span of a couple weeks to the point that you can’t even take him back? I’m not saying you didn’t do what you had to do, but that just seems unusual.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
he’d gone wild and there was no coming back. A couple nights later I was set up on that carcass and Sam came wandering in. He smelled me and tried to get further down-wind, I nickered and called out “easy son…” It was enough for him to slow down and look over his shoulder. I put one in his ear from about 25 yards or so.[/quote]

Is that a real thing? Can dogs just completely go feral in the span of a couple weeks to the point that you can’t even take him back? I’m not saying you didn’t do what you had to do, but that just seems unusual.[/quote]

Your question is valid, and I was going to explain a little further but I didn’t want to post a novel.

I’m not sure of the biology or if there is a trigger in a dogs brain that reverts them back to being “wild.”

There are a couple factors that were discussed with my Dad before I made the decision.

1. The spot where we were hunting/where Sam took off was roughly 10 miles from my house. Sam was a three year old male who had hunted every piece of woods inbetween that spot and home. Within a week if he had a motivation to come home, he would have.

2. In the 90’s, raccoon hunters would put neon-day glo collars on their dogs to spot them better at night with full tags and info riveted onto them. Sams collar (funnily enough) was hot pink with my name, address, and two phone numbers. A good samaritan had they found Sam or he walked into their yard would’ve called me. People in rural Michigan are like that.

3. Had he been found by another hunter and “stolen,” the coon hunting community in our area was pretty small, and I was one of maybe 6 guys that hunted with Bluetics exclusively. Within a week word would have gotten around that so and so was hunting with a new bluetic male, but there was no word of that.

4. We lived on a farm with cows and sheep. Even if Sam would have come running to me there’s no way I could have brought him back home, he’d made a kill and fed from it and the risk was too high that he’d do it again to one of our own livestock. I already owed the farmer of the calf he killed for a handshake of $200.00, and we couldn’t risk him costing us more money.

In Summary, Sam didn’t come home, no one found him, no one stole him, he was living wild for just over a week with no need for me or humans. He would have ultimately turned into one of those wild-dog stories you heard about so there was no other choice but to put him down.

I got a good one for y’all. Some years back when I was between jobs, I would work part time for a towing company, mainly evenings and was on call every weekend all night. Fridays and Saturdays, I’d take the truck home with me and the dispatcher would call as needed. We were on the wreck-roster for 2 local towns and the police would call in cars to be towed, after the fire department, coroner or whoever was done with the scene.

So I get this call and the dispatcher tells me it was a fatality. It was an older Caddy that was t-boned at an intersection by a pickup truck. I pull up and look the scene over… which end to hook the car up on, etc and assess the mess on the pavement (we picked that up too).The Caddy took the hit on the passenger door.

So I look inside and see the cops looking at me, I thought nothing of it. Part of my task was to make sure tha car was off and lock/unlock the steering column as needed. Then I notice something that looks like grey seat stuffing on the seat and dashboard, also teeth were mixed in with it… at that moment I realize… its brains!

My stomach does a roll, my vision gets fuzzy and every hair on my arams, neck and head seems to stand on end. I had to turn around, take a few breaths and of course the cops are doubled up laughing. From there I could handle it and thankfully didn’t have to look inside the car again since I had to use tow dollys on the mess.

Rob

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Some Native American cultures believe Sasquatch and its cousins can shapeshift or induce illusions to avoid detection. It could’ve even been a skinwalker which is much more dangerous. Hopefully it wasn’t a rug-a-rou but what you described sounded like a one-time deal and doesn’t really match conventional description.[/quote]

That’s some really interesting stuff. I never heard of skinwalkers or rug-a-rou before until you mentioned them.

It definitely wasn’t a rug-a-roux and I guess in reality I have no way of knowing if it was a skinwalker or not - haha. That said I recently saw a trailcam picture that is going around on the internet that supposedly depicts a sasquatch… now that I saw a few illustrations of skinwalkers though; it seems to depict a skinwalker to me now. I’ll have to find it and post it.

I tend to just blame extreme tiredness and a major brain fart for my experience though. I was sleeping 3 or 4 hours a day and working 56 hours a week third shift… so yeah. I was pretty damn tired all the time. Then again… maybe that’s just what it wanted me to think!

A couple months back I was taking my wife home from work and she wasn’t really focusing with me when I was talking to her and all of a sudden she just shuddered “I think… I think I just saw bigfoot”. She explained to me that she saw what appeared to be a very large man watching us go by from behind a tree on top of a hill atleast 100 yards away from us. When she saw it, whatever it was, it decided to step out from behind the tree and then disappear into the woods.

I thought that was pretty wild since she always laughs at me when I’m watching bigfoot documentaries or checking for updates on the erickson project. And that combined with the fact that my dog has been howling at nothing when I take her out at night adds to the mystery. She’ll just suddenly freeze, smell the air, and freak out. Deer are easy to pick out at night and whatever my dog thinks she sees doesn’t really give a damn about my dog bitching at it. I can never hear any movement or anything… just an odd sense that I know something is there and so does my dog.

Anyway, the same woods I saw the humanoid thing, my wife thought she saw bigfoot, and my dog freaks out at are all the same woods that run along my house. So it’s a little creepy.

I am most probably 100% just paranoid with an aging dog influencing how I think. haha

edit: Oh sh–… just stumbled upon a page about ‘Wendigo’ - that matches what I saw almost exactly. That is creepy as fuck.

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:
I got a good one for y’all. Some years back when I was between jobs, I would work part time for a towing company, mainly evenings and was on call every weekend all night. Fridays and Saturdays, I’d take the truck home with me and the dispatcher would call as needed. We were on the wreck-roster for 2 local towns and the police would call in cars to be towed, after the fire department, coroner or whoever was done with the scene.

So I get this call and the dispatcher tells me it was a fatality. It was an older Caddy that was t-boned at an intersection by a pickup truck. I pull up and look the scene over… which end to hook the car up on, etc and assess the mess on the pavement (we picked that up too).The Caddy took the hit on the passenger door.

So I look inside and see the cops looking at me, I thought nothing of it. Part of my task was to make sure tha car was off and lock/unlock the steering column as needed. Then I notice something that looks like grey seat stuffing on the seat and dashboard, also teeth were mixed in with it… at that moment I realize… its brains!

My stomach does a roll, my vision gets fuzzy and every hair on my arams, neck and head seems to stand on end. I had to turn around, take a few breaths and of course the cops are doubled up laughing. From there I could handle it and thankfully didn’t have to look inside the car again since I had to use tow dollys on the mess.

Rob[/quote]

That reminds me of a story I once heard from a firefighter. I’m sure they have a lot of really hair raising experiences given their line of work as first responders.

He arrived on the scene of a bad wreck involving a truck and a car with a mother and her two young kids. The mom and the boy were killed on impact, but the little girl was unharmed (physically). Anyway he described cleaning up the area and having to “scoop up brains”. The worst part though was the inside of the car. It was completely red like someone had taken a spray bottle and just misted every inch of it. Every inch except where the little girl was sitting. He said you could see the distinct outline of a child like someone had drawn it in white on a piece of red paper.

Chills me to the bone.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:

Rob[/quote]

That reminds me of a story I once heard from a firefighter. I’m sure they have a lot of really hair raising experiences given their line of work as first responders.

He arrived on the scene of a bad wreck involving a truck and a car with a mother and her two young kids. The mom and the boy were killed on impact, but the little girl was unharmed (physically). Anyway he described cleaning up the area and having to “scoop up brains”. The worst part though was the inside of the car. It was completely red like someone had taken a spray bottle and just misted every inch of it. Every inch except where the little girl was sitting. He said you could see the distinct outline of a child like someone had drawn it in white on a piece of red paper.

Chills me to the bone.[/quote]

Rescue truck drivers always get there first. There was one bloody wreck by me where a car with a mother and 2 kids went head on with another car. The one kid and mother were dead at the scene. It wasn’t until they saw the empty baby seat, they tore into the car and found this 6-month baby wedged up under the dash, totally unharmed. Somehow the kid was ejected from a buckled car seat.

read this. it only takes a couple minutes…

I have recourring dreams that I am transformed into a ginger.

((((shudder)))))

This…

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/pictures_pics_photo_body_rate_image_performance/any_good_the_arms

WTF?

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Some Native American cultures believe Sasquatch and its cousins can shapeshift or induce illusions to avoid detection. It could’ve even been a skinwalker which is much more dangerous. Hopefully it wasn’t a rug-a-rou but what you described sounded like a one-time deal and doesn’t really match conventional description.[/quote]

That’s some really interesting stuff. I never heard of skinwalkers or rug-a-rou before until you mentioned them.

It definitely wasn’t a rug-a-roux and I guess in reality I have no way of knowing if it was a skinwalker or not - haha. That said I recently saw a trailcam picture that is going around on the internet that supposedly depicts a sasquatch… now that I saw a few illustrations of skinwalkers though; it seems to depict a skinwalker to me now. I’ll have to find it and post it.

I tend to just blame extreme tiredness and a major brain fart for my experience though. I was sleeping 3 or 4 hours a day and working 56 hours a week third shift… so yeah. I was pretty damn tired all the time. Then again… maybe that’s just what it wanted me to think!

A couple months back I was taking my wife home from work and she wasn’t really focusing with me when I was talking to her and all of a sudden she just shuddered “I think… I think I just saw bigfoot”. She explained to me that she saw what appeared to be a very large man watching us go by from behind a tree on top of a hill atleast 100 yards away from us. When she saw it, whatever it was, it decided to step out from behind the tree and then disappear into the woods.

I thought that was pretty wild since she always laughs at me when I’m watching bigfoot documentaries or checking for updates on the erickson project. And that combined with the fact that my dog has been howling at nothing when I take her out at night adds to the mystery. She’ll just suddenly freeze, smell the air, and freak out. Deer are easy to pick out at night and whatever my dog thinks she sees doesn’t really give a damn about my dog bitching at it. I can never hear any movement or anything… just an odd sense that I know something is there and so does my dog.

Anyway, the same woods I saw the humanoid thing, my wife thought she saw bigfoot, and my dog freaks out at are all the same woods that run along my house. So it’s a little creepy.

I am most probably 100% just paranoid with an aging dog influencing how I think. haha

edit: Oh sh–… just stumbled upon a page about ‘Wendigo’ - that matches what I saw almost exactly. That is creepy as fuck.[/quote]
Wendigo is pretty bad. It’s similar to rug-a-rou actually. Windigo’s worse though IMO.

[quote]critietaeta wrote:
read this. it only takes a couple minutes…

2011 미스테리 단편 :: 네이버 웹툰 [/quote]
love it

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Elegua360 wrote:
Ever since I was a little kid, I have experienced a form of sleep paralysis/night terror that’s identical to the experience of being hag-ridden.

If you’re not familiar with that term, it’s one version of a common story about a supernatural being that sits on your chest while you sleep, and strangles you (or sucks out your soul or your blood or otherwise does horrible things to you).

Basically, for me it meant that I’d wake up in the middle of the night, pretty much unable to move, with the sense that a living thing was on my chest. Sometimes I’d actually see some vague black shape creeping up from the end of my bed.

It remains the most horrifying set of experiences in my life – FAR more frightening than any ‘real’ frightening or dangerous thing I’ve ever encountered. It would happen once every few months when I was a kid, but it’s pretty rare these days – last time I experienced it was this September, but before that it was about a two year gap since it happened.

Incidentally, this is something that for me was inherited – I later in life learned that my mom and several of her ancestors experienced the same thing.[/quote]

I had no idea there was not only a name for this but paintings! lol Somehow I feel validated yet terrified to go to sleep again.[/quote]

There are male and female personifications of that type of experience. Men were said to be attacked during sleep by female demonic entities called succubi and women were assaulted by incubi- the masculine equivalent.

The painting you posted depicts an incubus drawing life force from a sleeping woman. Most of the legends of creatures visiting sleeping victims and devouring them gradually were an attempt to explain why somebody’s health would deteriorate with no visible explanation.

What couldn’t be seen with the naked eye in daylight usually meant that whatever happened was being done under cover of darkness. And since darkness was the realm of the supernatural, the deterioration had to have a supernatural cause. Couple rampant superstition with a fertile imagination and you have the visual expression of a creature many have felt but never seen.