Makes Your Hair Stand On End

I’m sure an old thread about this exists, but I’d like this one to be fresh.

I want to know what has happened in your life that you have been in ABSOLUTE disbelief as to what you were seeing.

I’m talking one MAYBE two things that even thinking about it now makes your hair stand on end.

It can be anything it just has to be legit.

1. It’s legit

2. It’s awesome enough to contribute

EDIT* It doesn’t have to be creepy stuff, it can be amazing stuff too!

I dont often use hair gel, but when I do my hair stand on end.

Sleep deprivation hallucinations.

American crew.

tweet

[quote]Kakarat wrote:
I’m sure an old thread about this exists, but I’d like this one to be fresh.

I want to know what has happened in your life that you have been in ABSOLUTE disbelief as to what you were seeing.

I’m talking one MAYBE two things that even thinking about it now makes your hair stand on end.

It can be anything it just has to be legit.

1. It’s legit

2. It’s awesome enough to contribute

[/quote]
I have really really really uncomfortable stories, that I will start posting if someone gives a legit story.

Owen Hart falling to his death

One night while bouncing i saw a dude get his whole face punched in. He died right there.

When i was 5 my best friend was the neighbothood homeless guy. My parents helped him out all the time in exchange for work and shit like that. Well i was on my way to school and saw a big scene on the street where his abandoned house was. I walked down there to see what was up. People crying and a burned down house…he died in a fire.

It was my fault too. The night before he was staying in our attic…i had stole his wine and got wasted off it. My mom lost it and kicked him out

I still get chills when i have to drive down that street or hear “jump around” by house of pain.

Well then, I guess I will share one of the stories that is less close to home, I was in savannah Georgia and like to hit up “haunted” places in areas that have a good history of it. I was on a tour to a place that I’ve been many times over, (my brother is there so we go to a ghost tour every couple of times we visit) that is known to have a pretty unsettling history, voodoo, deaths, ect.

Well we were in a room and I spotted this picture it wasn’t too unusual just what looked like englishmen in a orchestra (I think) but I see this one oddity with a cloak or something on and I see an unsettling face, I looked away and kept having the impulse to look back as if there was something I didn’t notice, then I noticed the hood of the cloak was on and the position the woman or thing in was different and it seemed different in general… I’ve seen other stuff in there to that people said was there. The disturbing thing is NO ONE had ever said a story or suggested anything about the picture.

The second plane flying into the world trade center.

I watched it go overhead and knew what was happening before it hit.

Birth…

It’s not that terrible but I had taken my brother in-law to a local park that’s very pretty, showed him this creek and I was talking to him about trees, fish, birds, etc (he had never seen this stuff before, he’s egyptian and a cairo boy)

When I notice this swarm of black flies all over this dead baby deer carcass lying in the creek. It was like a scene straight out of ‘Bones’ - thousands and thousands of maggots were everywhere all over the body and the head … I don’t have any idea where the head had gone.

I promptly took him to another area and wham! His first dead squirrel. It looked like it died mid-run and was maybe 10 feet away from where we were originally.

I bet he’ll never forget that.

A cousin of mine told me this story that shook me a little the first time I heard it.

When she was 9 or 10 years old, she spent 2 weeks with her family in central Africa. Within the 2 weeks, they paid a visit to some relatives who lived in a remote village. She told me the way there had been horrendous; there were no roads, torrential rains and a flooded river delayed their journey and, to make matter worse, she fell ill. They stayed at the village for 2 days. The children told her the tale of their great-great grandmother who had been hacked to death with a machete by her husband a long time ago. She haunted their house at night. They’d say, ‘‘if you wake up in the middle of the night and you feel cold, it means she’s there and you must keep your eyes shut or you’ll die’’. Lol.

Anyway, on the second night, my cousin couldn’t sleep and, in the middle of the night, she began to feel extremely cold (on a humid night). She heard someone knocking at the window. she froze for a few seconds before shutting her eyes, cowering in her bed. When she opened her eyes again, a woman with half her head missing was standing by her side. Maggots were eaten up what was left of her rotten face and she seemed to be smiling at my cousin.

My cousin was paralysed with fright that she never screamed for help. More dead people, old and young, joined the woman by the bedside, speaking to my cousin in tongue. Then they just casually walked away. The following day, her health had worsened and her parents rushed her back to the city hospital.

Her story unsettled me at first and then I just realized that she must have been hallucinating. She was ill, with fever, and the children’s stories must have affected her psyche. She still insists to this day she wasn’t dreaming. Lol.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
A cousin of mine told me this story that shook me a little the first time I heard it.

When she was 9 or 10 years old, she spent 2 weeks with her family in central Africa. Within the 2 weeks, they paid a visit to some relatives who lived in a remote village. She told me the way there had been horrendous, there was no roads, torrential rains and a flooded river delayed their journey and, to make matter worse, she fell ill. They stayed at the village for 2 days. The children told her the tale of their great-great grandmother who had been hacked to death with a machete by her husband a long time ago. She haunted their house at night. They’d say, ‘‘if you wake up in the middle of the night and you feel cold, it means she’s there and you must keep your eyes shut or you’ll die’’. Lol.

Anyway, on the second night, my cousin couldn’t sleep and, in the middle of the night, she began to feel extremely cold (on a humid night). She heard someone knocking at the window. she froze for a few seconds before shutting her eyes, cowering in her bed. When she opened her eyes again, a woman with half her head missing was standing by her side. Maggots were eaten up what was left of her rotten face and she seemed to be smiling at my cousin.

My cousin was paralysed with fright that she never screamed for help. More dead people, old and young, joined the woman by the bedside, speaking to my cousin in tongue. Then they just casually walked away. The following day, her health had worsened and her parents rushed her back to the city hospital.

Her story unsettled me at first and then I just realized that she must have been hallucinating. She was ill, with fever, and the children’s stories must have affected her psyche. She still insists to this day she wasn’t dreaming. Lol.[/quote]

My scarey story is the fact you used Lol twice in that story.

Ha, dark, that kind of beats most of my stories I can share the hell out of the water.

Ice Giants.

the first time I saw one, I almost Shit my pants.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

My scarey story is the fact you used Lol twice in that story.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong, I was shaken at first but the fact she mentioned she was feverish made me think she had hallucinated the whole thing. Maybe she was really visited by dead people. Maybe she was on her way out of this world. Who knows? The mind does often play many tricks on us, especially when we are emotionally, mentally and physically vulnerable. I just chuckle at this story because I don’t believe in superstition.

That reminds me of an old colleague of mine who claimed he hadn’t slept for nearly a month after the death of his girlfriend – she was killed by a truck when she made a left turn on her bicycle. The driver never saw her and crushed her to death. My colleague thought he was going crazy, when people he didn’t know began to walk through the door and walk around his home like they’d always lived there, washing dishes, cooking etc… They’d even sit next to him and talk to him. There was also a bird perched on his TV set, and hundreds of ants crawling up and down his bedroom wall.

That was a scary anecdote too but not scary enough to make me shit my pants.

I also laughed when I watched Paranormal activity. I’m strange like that.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Ha, dark, that kind of beats most of my stories I can share the hell out of the water.[/quote]

Haha :slight_smile:

But please share some more!

[quote]Edgy wrote:
Ice Giants.

the first time I saw one, I almost Shit my pants.[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha!!

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

My scarey story is the fact you used Lol twice in that story.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong, I was shaken at first but the fact she mentioned she was feverish made me think she had hallucinated the whole thing. Maybe she was really visited by dead people. Maybe she was on her way out of this world. Who knows? The mind does often play many tricks on us, especially when we are emotionally, mentally and physically vulnerable. I just chuckle at this story because I don’t believe in superstition.

That reminds me of an old colleague of mine who claimed he hadn’t slept for nearly a month after the death of his girlfriend – she was killed by a truck when she made a left turn on her bicycle. The driver never saw her and crushed her to death. My colleague thought he was going crazy, when people he didn’t know began to walk through the door and walk around his home like they’d always lived there, washing dishes, cooking etc… They’d even sit next to him and talk to him. There was also a bird perched on his TV set, and hundreds of ants crawling up and down his bedroom wall.

That was a scary anecdote too but not scary enough to make me shit my pants.

I also laughed when I watched Paranormal activity. I’m strange like that.
[/quote]

I had a dude at my gym offer cash for my old socks shoes and underwear.

Also he wanted me to call him whenever i had to piss so he could listen…he would pay for that too.

Well, I’ve told this story MANY times and no one’s ever really believed me. It’s nothing crazy, and I will preface it with the cliche “No, I don’t believe in extraordinary phenomena” and I like to think I have looked for it a fair share.

That being said, in probably 8th grade, I was staying at a friends’ house. His place is an old, huge farm house from the 19th Century. He, his brother, his dad and I were all sitting watching TV just kind of hanging out. His brother got up and left, going to sleep. It wasn’t asinine-late, but it was well past midnight IIRC. His Dad was getting around to going upstairs to going to sleep too and we were all chatting.

His Dad was standing in the doorway near the stairwell, my friend and I were sitting on two separate couches in the living room. A lamp between us provided light for us, other than the main centralized light fixture in the room. Through chatting, we did end up start talking about something creepy (his house was again, really old and consistently creepy,) when all of a sudden blink the lamp goes off. Okay, that’s nothing to rustle your jimmies over except for the fact that the goddamn lamp pullstring was dangling back and forth as if someone had just pulled it. No bullshit.

His Dad had a “Oh fuck” look on his face and giggled and screamed and ran up the stairs. (I know this sounds silly but it was like a nervous giddiness.)

Anyway, yeah, nothing crazy but still the closest thing to a bizarre phenomena I’ve ever experienced.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Ha, dark, that kind of beats most of my stories I can share the hell out of the water.[/quote]

Haha :slight_smile:

But please share some more!
[/quote]
I will… Tomorrow… When I don’t have to worry about being alone by myself at the night, letting my imagination fuck with me.