T Nation

Make the Tax Cuts Permanent!!

If you live in a non-automobile dependent state (autos are dead), then thank President Bush and the Republican Congress. Now, make 'em permanent before the Dems come in and ruin it all.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
If you live in a non-automobile dependent state (autos are dead), then thank President Bush and the Republican Congress. Now, make 'em permanent before the Dems come in and ruin it all.

Ohio is 45th, what exactly should I thank Bush for again?

Permanent tax cuts…goes well with the permanent DEBT that Bush has saddled us with.

Look everyone hates taxes but you NEED taxes to pay for schools, military, healthcare and other stuff.

except maybe the health care. I don’t know if it comes from taxes or not

[quote]Ren wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Permanent tax cuts…goes well with the permanent DEBT that Bush has saddled us with.[/quote]

You are so full of shit - you stink.

This country has had debt since the revolutionary war.

Name one fucking day in CLinton’s 8 years when the U.S. was debt free.

You need to do something besides parrot the ABB talking points.

Make them permanent. Abolish the Cap Gains tax, and make it illegal to tax dividends.

Then outlaw the AMT. All of the other taxes mean nothing without first abolishing the AMT.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Ren wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Permanent tax cuts…goes well with the permanent DEBT that Bush has saddled us with.

Make them permanent. Abolish the Cap Gains tax, and make it illegal to tax dividends.

Then outlaw the AMT. All of the other taxes mean nothing without first abolishing the AMT. [/quote]

Exactly. More people are being forced into the AMT situation. Let’s hope its a goner before Nov — we KNOW the Dems would never eliminate that.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Permanent tax cuts…goes well with the permanent DEBT that Bush has saddled us with.[/quote]

Our debt has been around forever. Blaming Bush is silly.

Make tax cuts for the rich a permanent thing…wouldn’t surprise me. The Congressmen all fall under it I bet, they should be happy…

Me, I’m thrilled with my $250 tax break…lol.

Unbelievable.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Our debt has been around forever. Blaming Bush is silly.[/quote]

It is.

However, there’s nothing like throwing some 151 in the fire, just in case it wasn’t burning enough…

He has given us more debt at little gain. He’s partly responsible, though even I can’t say it’s all his fault.

I don’t think I’ve ever remember the governement to run efficiently, so why should it start now?

I asked this in another thread, but I got no answers, so let me ask this again:

Let me see if I understand this: you’d rather believe Bush and Cheney, who probably never picked up a Macroeconomics book in their lives, than every single renowned Macroeconomist on the planet, including, but not limited to, Ben Bernanke?

'Cause the latter group is pretty much unanimous in saying the tax cuts should NOT be made permanent.

Is it that this falls into one of those “junk science” bins (“Macronomics is not really a science – I mean, it never agrees with the GOP dogma, so I can’t be!”)? Or is it the “they’re confused” bin? Or is it “he’s the president, he is ALWAYS right”? I can’t really tell, can you educate me a bit on GOP spin?

[quote]hspder wrote:

Let me see if I understand this: you’d rather believe Bush and Cheney, who probably never picked up a Macroeconomics book in their lives, than every single renowned Macroeconomist on the planet, including, but not limited to, Ben Bernanke?

'Cause the latter group is pretty much unanimous in saying the tax cuts should NOT be made permanent.

Is it that this falls into one of those “junk science” bins (“Macronomics is not really a science – I mean, it never agrees with the GOP dogma, so I can’t be!”)? Or is it the “they’re confused” bin? Or is it “he’s the president, he is ALWAYS right”? I can’t really tell, can you educate me a bit on GOP spin?[/quote]

Hmmm…one person (Bush) says: “Its your money, you sweated for it, you earned it. We will take as small a part as possible to run the government.”

Others say: “We have these grandiose spending plans and you’re too stupid to know what to do with your money anyway…so, hand it over.”

I choose the first.

Headhunter

[quote]hspder wrote:
Is it that this falls into one of those “junk science” bins (“Macronomics is not really a science – I mean, it never agrees with the GOP dogma, so I can’t be!”)? Or is it the “they’re confused” bin? Or is it “he’s the president, he is ALWAYS right”? I can’t really tell, can you educate me a bit on GOP spin?[/quote]

I think the problem is that letting people keep more of THEIR money doesn’t agree with YOUR dogma.

Let’s see - revenues are way up. The deficit is reducing at a faster pace than forcasted. I get to keep more of the money I made - and you are wondering why there are those of us out there that think this is a good thing?

If you want to pay more taxes - I am sure the US Treasury will take all the money you want to give them.

But for some reason - I think you find every available way to reduce your own tax liability.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Make tax cuts for the rich a permanent thing…wouldn’t surprise me. The Congressmen all fall under it I bet, they should be happy…

Me, I’m thrilled with my $250 tax break…lol.

Unbelievable.[/quote]

Giving tax breaks to people that don’t pay taxes is called W-E-L-F-A-R-E.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Ren wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Then outlaw the AMT. All of the other taxes mean nothing without first abolishing the AMT. [/quote]

You’re so fucking stupid you deserve to be kicked in the nuts on a daily basis. You continue to lie and cheat. Just like your precious Bush, a liar and a coward.

The fact is that there was a surplus under Clinton. He started to pay off the debt he inherited.
Bush squandered to surplus and has plunged the US in the biggest debt ever.

Spin that pig.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
hspder wrote:

Is it that this falls into one of those “junk science” bins (“Macronomics is not really a science – I mean, it never agrees with the GOP dogma, so I can’t be!”)? Or is it the “they’re confused” bin? Or is it “he’s the president, he is ALWAYS right”? I can’t really tell, can you educate me a bit on GOP spin?

Hmmm…one person (Bush) says: “Its your money, you sweated for it, you earned it. We will take as small a part as possible to run the government.”

Others say: “We have these grandiose spending plans and you’re too stupid to know what to do with your money anyway…so, hand it over.”

I choose the first.

Headhunter

[/quote]

Yes, any stupid person like you would.

However, this is not what Bush is saying.
Bush is saying: I’ll let you keep your money, but I have these grandios spending plans and we’re to stupid to know what to do with your money anyway. But don’t worry, your kids will pay for it.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I think the problem is that letting people keep more of THEIR money doesn’t agree with YOUR dogma.

Let’s see - revenues are way up. The deficit is reducing at a faster pace than forcasted. I get to keep more of the money I made - and you are wondering why there are those of us out there that think this is a good thing?

…[/quote]

No, I know why they think this is a good thing. Because they are stupid fucks.

Reducing a deficit is nothing to be proud about when you’ve first allow it to rise to the highest level in history.

Look honey, we’re doing great, now we’re only overspending 2.000 dollars a month.

Only stupid fucks would be happy with such a statement.
But we all know you’re a stupid fuck eh rainjack.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
You’re so fucking stupid you deserve to be kicked in the nuts on a daily basis. You continue to lie and cheat. Just like your precious Bush, a liar and a coward.

The fact is that there was a surplus under Clinton. He started to pay off the debt he inherited.
Bush squandered to surplus and has plunged the US in the biggest debt ever.

Spin that pig.[/quote]

There is a big, big, big difference between a projected budget suprlus - and being debt free. You really need to prepare before coming in here and proving your stupidity so blatantly.

Simply show me where - since the Revolutionary war - the United States has not owed money to someone some where.

No spin required…the truth is the truth. Whether or not you can wrap your retarded brain around it is not really my concern.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

No, I know why they think this is a good thing. Because they are stupid fucks.

Reducing a deficit is nothing to be proud about when you’ve first allow it to rise to the highest level in history.

Look honey, we’re doing great, now we’re only overspending 2.000 dollars a month.

Only stupid fucks would be happy with such a statement.
But we all know you’re a stupid fuck eh rainjack.[/quote]

The budget deficit is coming down at a much faster rate than predicted. That is a fact. Revenues are up. That is a fact. I keep more of my own money. That is a fact.

Facts v. Wreckless’ emotional outbursts -

I may be a stupid fuck - but compared to you I am a freaking genius. That is a fact.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Let’s see - revenues are way up. The deficit is reducing at a faster pace than forcasted. I get to keep more of the money I made - and you are wondering why there are those of us out there that think this is a good thing?[/quote]

I know exactly why there are those of you that think it is a good thing – it is because you want to believe it is and are too short-sighted to see the large pink elephant in the room: inflation.

Sure, you get to pick more of the money you made. But that money is worth much less!

You’re really a smart guy, and obviously you know what inflation and higher interest rates mean – the fact that you chose to ignore it, and, ultimately, the fact that essentially Bush is plundering the poor and the middle class – by reducing their buying power and by forcing Bernanke to increase the interest rates, which, for the majority of poor and middle class Americans who have a LOT of debt is a huge problem – without them even noticing just shows the blind faith you have in him…

At least admit it: the reason you like it is because it benefits YOU – you don’t have debt and your business is doing well, so you couldn’t care less about inflation and interest rates; you’re more than smart enough that it does, however, hurt – a LOT – the majority of Americans who are not as fortunate as you are.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
But for some reason - I think you find every available way to reduce your own tax liability.[/quote]

At this point, the overwhelming majority of Federal taxes is being (mis)used to pay for the war in Iraq. I do not feel that this administration is worthy of a dime, much less of thousands of dollars.

This administration clearly thinks they can have the cake and eat it too… Well, no cake from me!

[quote]hspder wrote:
rainjack wrote:
But for some reason - I think you find every available way to reduce your own tax liability.

hspder wrote:
At this point, the overwhelming majority of Federal taxes is being (mis)used to pay for the war in Iraq. I do not feel that this administration is worthy of a dime, much less of thousands of dollars.

This administration clearly thinks they can have the cake and eat it too… Well, no cake from me![/quote]

Wait a minute. You spent 3/4 of this post to berate me for being selfish with my own money - yet you just tell me that you don’t want to pay taxes because you disagree with the administration?

Are you naturally this hypocritical - or do you do it just for my benefit?

Anyhow -

I am not a economist, but if more money is being controlled by the government(higher taxes) that reduces the money available for goods and services(private sector). Is that not a fair statement?

Assuming you agree - then if there is less money available doesn’t it become more valuable/expensive(inflation)?

But I could be wrong - and I more than certain you will show me the error of my ways.