Make Me Bigger, Stronger, Leaner

This is an appeal! I am prepared to get a load of shit of you guys and possibly flamed off the site but i need help off you guys.

After being ridiculed quite a few times on here for being a fat fuck (Yolo’s words) and after seeing guys who are ripped at 170/180 looking huge i’ve kinda realised there is no need to be 230-250 lbs and being a ‘more than full house fat shit’ anymore.

And we all know that knowing what to do isn’t the same as applying it. Why else would IFBB Pros hire coaches? I’m sure Zraw knows exactly what to do but he has enlisted JM for the next year.

Don’t get me wrong, i am no Zraw.

I have built quite a good strength and muscle base over the last 10 years, but after 10 years i should be a hell of a lot stronger, bigger and leaner than i am. Although I’ve made more progress in the last 3 years than i did in the 7 years of training, due to major inconsistency and spinning my wheels.

SO basically i wana get rid of this chub and my ‘Butter Gut’ (thanks Walkway).

I am currently in China on business, for the next 5 days, 12 hour train rides and 12+ days in factories and living out of a suitcase kinda suck dick.

I would appreciate help off anyone (within reason), no 15 yr olds please. This is kind inspired by what Zraw is doing for the Newbs.

I also live in Egypt at the moment, so food choices are pretty limited as is supplementation.

Ezekial bread
Quinoa
Brown rice
rice cakes
Asparagus
Avocado
Fish oil

all pretty much impossible to find or are completely over priced due to crazy import taxes.

So pretty everything fitness related.

Also, i’m pretty sure years of yoyo dieting has fucked my metabolism up. My maintenance cals should be around 3500 cals, anything above 3000 and i gain weight pretty easily. So i need to fix that shit.

My normal training schedule:
5 days a week, 9am. for around 60-70 minutes.

1. Back
  2. Chest
  3. Shoulders
  4. legs
  5. Arms

This is a basic outline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You’re screwed quit now

[quote]Widowmakr1 wrote:
You’re screwed quit now[/quote]

The only thread I’ve ever seen you post in where you weren’t a total ass was the one you started to critique your deadlift.
You’re a strong dude in good shape, you could be helpful around here if you’d stop being such a total tool - noone is laughing.

Like in your thread in the Off Topic section, it’s your dieting man. That’s the part that’s killing you, and you know it too. It’s the refeeds that aren’t needed.

First of… What is your current diet?

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
Like in your thread in the Off Topic section, it’s your dieting man. That’s the part that’s killing you, and you know it too. It’s the refeeds that aren’t needed. [/quote]

I guess for the amount of fat i have, i can be in a deficit for quite a while without any real problem. Need one hell of a will power boost.

I’m not afraid to admit, i fucking love food!

Yeah, if you are that big and your calories are that low, it may be a struggle. My advice is:

1. start doing more shit. Walk, run, do conditioning, ruck, up your workout volume, stand on your train rides, add in eccentric-less workouts
  2. cut your carbs, up your fat. Time your only carbs around workout. don’t cut calories until you have to. I like intermittent fasting.

What exactly is your problem Marzouk?
Are you having a hard time watching the amount of food, or the type of food you’re eating?

You’ve been here long enough to know nobody can help much unless you put up a typical days nutrition for us to argue the nuances of for twenty pages.
So lets start there!

Marz some good advice in here already. Also, some stuff I picked up from the ZRAW/CHOBBS thread as far as eating goes.

CHOBBS is around 6’2. 200-210, and from the breakdown days look like
workout days
pro: 270g
carb:330g (70g intra workout)
fat: 70g
total cals: 2960

non-workout days
pro: 240g
carb: 160g
fat: 90g
total cals: 2320

If you are around 230 you can maybe add 12-15% to the macros and start from there. I’m around 220 @ 6, but older (just hit 34) so I’ll likely start with those macros and adjust on how I feel/look. I also like his workout routine so you might want to check out his 4x week workout thats in that thread also, maybe throw some cardio in on off days. Really good to see a resurgence of good posts and info on Tnation from the guys that know whats going on. Good luck bro I followed your other thread.

[quote]Tatsu wrote:
First of… What is your current diet?[/quote]

Normal training day.

Meal 1: piece of fruit.

Intra workout; bcaa mixed with tang. 20g of bcaa 25g carb

meal 2: 2 scoops whey in water 50p

meal 3: 2 scoops whey in water 50p

Meal 4: 5 scrambled whole eggs cooked in a little butter/pam 30-35p

Meal 5: Chicken/turkey/steak with boiled veg and boiled rice 50p not sure of c/f

Meal 6: Maybe a piece of fruit

Thats training days.

Non training days (weekends) normally mainly shitty food. The day normally starts off well but kinda get shittier as it goes on.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Yeah, if you are that big and your calories are that low, it may be a struggle. My advice is:

1. start doing more shit. Walk, run, do conditioning, ruck, up your workout volume, stand on your train rides, add in eccentric-less workouts
  2. cut your carbs, up your fat. Time your only carbs around workout. don’t cut calories until you have to. I like intermittent fasting.[/quote]

All sounds pretty good, i have an exercise bike which i really should start using more. its new and pretty comfortable as well. I just hate cardio with a passion. As they say success begins outside your comfort zone.

Also i got pretty scared recently when my i had my BP tested at 150/100 not very good at 26. And my dad just got diagnosed with diabetes which scares the shit out of me.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Also, i’m pretty sure years of yoyo dieting has fucked my metabolism up. My maintenance cals should be around 3500 cals, anything above 3000 and i gain weight pretty easily. So i need to fix that shit.
[/quote]

You’re going to get tons of good advice from people more knowledgeable than me, but I wouldn’t be so quick to assume you’ve fucked your metabolism. You need to realize you don’t have the caloric needs of a 240lb man; you’re a lean 190 lb guy trapped in a 240lb body. Feed the lean guy, not the fat guy.

Also, fwiw, I’ve never found the calculated calorie requirements to be accurate. I’m 210lbs at %15 and I maintain easily on 2400 cals a day. Anything above 2800 cals and I start gaining.

Cutting the carbs worked wonders for me.

Good luck, it takes a lot of balls to put yourself out there like this. I know you’ll receive a ton of good info, I hope you’ve got the testicular fortitude to follow it.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
[/quote]

You’re going to get tons of good advice from people more knowledgeable than me, but I wouldn’t be so quick to assume you’ve fucked your metabolism. You need to realize you don’t have the caloric needs of a 240lb man; you’re a lean 190 lb guy trapped in a 240lb body. Feed the lean guy, not the fat guy.

Also, fwiw, I’ve never found the calculated calorie requirements to be accurate. I’m 210lbs at %15 and I maintain easily on 2400 cals a day. Anything above 2800 cals and I start gaining.

Good luck, it takes a lot of balls to put yourself out there like this. I know you’ll receive a ton of good info, I hope you’ve got the testicular fortitude to follow it.
[/quote]

Thats some good advice right there, thanks dude.

When i was 19 i dropped from 260 to around 190ish so i can do it. That time it was for a girl lol. This is what i looked like then. Since then i’ve gained a ore mass. £ years ago i got down to around 205 using the v-diet.

You need to realize you don’t have the caloric needs of a 240lb man; you’re a lean 190 lb guy trapped in a 240lb body. Feed the lean guy, not the fat guy.

[/quote]

This.

Please outline how your weight has changed in the last 6months, what youve been doing training wise, diet wise, and cycle wise

Also what food do you have access to

subbed in because Marzouk’s a good dude. Good luck man!

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

This post…even though he seemed to think it would be least informational, contains great info.

You are a weightlifter. Building that muscle mass is why I wouldn’t assume you have already fucked your metabolism.

I am not sure I agree with putting yourself out there like this…because your thread will be filled with a shit load of negative responses by people without your best interests in mind.

But hey, I guess we needed more to complain about.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

This post…even though he seemed to think it would be least informational, contains great info.

You are a weightlifter. Building that muscle mass is why I wouldn’t assume you have already fucked your metabolism.

I am not sure I agree with putting yourself out there like this…because your thread will be filled with a shit load of negative responses by people without your best interests in mind.

But hey, I guess we needed more to complain about.[/quote]

Managed to grow quite a thick skin over the years. I’ll just skip past the 140lb 16 yr olds using words like brah

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Tatsu wrote:

Normal training day.

Meal 5: Chicken/turkey/steak with boiled veg and boiled rice 50p not sure of c/f

Thats training days.

Non training days (weekends) normally mainly shitty food. The day normally starts off well but kinda get shittier as it goes on. [/quote]

This looks like a low carb approach. Is that what you’re intending to do? I ask this because I get the impression–though I can very well be wrong! (please point out of I am, seriously)–that judging from your posts you’re estimating and sort of winging things. I know you’re trying hard though, and many times life just doesn’t cooperate with bodybuilding.

I think you if you’re really hell bent on losing, you have to:

1. Start keeping a food log with macronutrient details.
  2. Take weekly or bi weekly photographs, measurements, and/or weight.
  3. Make adjustments in training and nutrition based off what you’re eating and doing in the gym respective of how you’re looking and weighing and feeling.

In other words, being more systematic. You’ll also have to establish a baseline first; so take that menu of yours and count up all the macronutrients and calories. I think it’s just best to pick a tried and true approach like low carb with refeeds or carb/calorie rotation and go from there.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Tatsu wrote:

Normal training day.

Thats training days.

Non training days (weekends) normally mainly shitty food. The day normally starts off well but kinda get shittier as it goes on. [/quote]

This looks like a low carb approach. Is that what you’re intending to do? I ask this because I get the impression–though I can very well be wrong! (please point out of I am, seriously)–that judging from your posts you’re estimating and sort of winging things. I know you’re trying hard though, and many times life just doesn’t cooperate with bodybuilding.

I think you if you’re really hell bent on losing, you have to:

1. Start keeping a food log with macronutrient details.
  2. Take weekly or bi weekly photographs, measurements, and/or weight.
  3. Make adjustments in training and nutrition based off what you’re eating and doing in the gym respective of how you’re looking and weighing and feeling.

In other words, being more systematic. You’ll also have to establish a baseline first; so take that menu of yours and count up all the macronutrients and calories. I think it’s just best to pick a tried and true approach like low carb with refeeds or carb/calorie rotation and go from there. [/quote]

That’s some good advice there.

yeah low carb i what has worked for me in the past so i tend to lean towards that kinda of strategy normally.

I agree with the systematic side, tupperware and preparation is what i need.

Guess i need to really put my mind to it and stick yo my guns.

I think it’s my weekends that ruin everything tbh. During the week is easy as im out of the house from like 8 am until around 5 so i’m pretty much covered.

So i have my meals kinda prepared. When i run out of whey or lean meat etc is when things go to shit. Again this comes down to being prepared.

I get so fucking mad with myself after like 3 months when i fail and cheat etc and i think to myself, imagine where i could be if i had just stuck to my fucking diet!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

But hey, I guess we needed more to complain about.[/quote]

What the fuck shut the fuck up seriously. This makes no fucking sense and you offered no fucking advice in that post except saying this thread will make people complain

You are a true pain in the ass. please keep making your own damn threads and keep the crap in there.

This is getting old. Im gonna fucking get this guy shredded cause im glag he realized being fat is pointless.