Makavali: ProHormone Thread Correction Needed

Hey Mak -

This has been bugging me since Day 1 of your “ProHormone Sticky”, and since I’d rather not poison the thread with politics or take it off-topic, I’ll leave it to you to make the intellectually honest correction.

I just had to address the claim that Senator McCain’s latest “supplement regulation” legislation was ‘typical (U.S.) rightwing’, when in fact, this type of thing comes from both sides from those with a ‘nanny’ attitude, or who don’t have anything better to do.

You throw a dig on former “warlord” Pres. Bush for signing the 2004 Anabolic Steroid Control Act into law-- technically correct. Technically correct, but incomplete and dishonest. Remember, in the US, laws are passed in the Legislative branch, and ‘executed’ by the President.

That law was conceived by and largely written by the (then Senator) now Dem VP “Bumblin, Supreme Dumbass” Joe Biden.

Here’s some info for you that I posted in another thread:

The 2004 Anabolic Steroids Control Act, Joe Biden’s baby, was also sponsored by:

Bumblin’ Joe BIDEN (D-DEL)
Orrin HATCH (R-UT)
Chuck GRASSLEY (R-IA)
Tom HARKIN (D-IA)
Ted STEVENS (R-AK)
John MCCAIN (R-AZ)
Bill NELSON (D-FL)
Dianne FEINSTEIN (D-CA)
George ALLEN (D-VA)
Lisa MURKOWSKI (R-AK)

Not quite a ‘right-wing’ sponsor assembly there.

Signed into law by G.W. Bush (R)

2004 Anabolic Steroid Control Act

Video (Biden moves forward despite medical professionals’ recommendations):
http://www.steroid.com/blog/2008/08/25/joseph-biden-worst-possible-pick-for-steroid-law-reform/

To be clear, I am not defending GW Bush and in fact didn’t care much for his Presidency, but I don’t suffer from Bush Derangement Syndrome, either.

I don’t get it. I said he signed it, you said he signed it, he did actually sign it… dishonest? Incomplete, I guess. But I didn’t say it was HIS law, I said he signed it.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, I wrote ‘Premier Warlord Bush’ around the time the movie “Borat” was released. Possible connection? I’ll let you guys decide.

Also, I’m not touching that post until I stop getting time outs when I try to post.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Also, I’m not touching that post until I stop getting time outs when I try to post.[/quote]

LOL. I hear that.

I know it’s a minor point, and my o.p. probably a little harsh, but I really despise this kind of legislation on both sides of the U.S. aisle. Both sides deserve equal bashing when it comes to this stuff. I have little patience for anyone who skews this stuff (intentionally or not).

Let’s both just agree that the government on a fundamental level has failed the people of America when it comes to drug regulation.

I would wish that it were correct that Republicans were the specific culprits behind the various issues involved with drugs, both pharmaceuticals and “recreational” drugs. Or even supplements.

Because if that were the case, then with Democrats controlling the House, the Senate, and the White House improvement in these areas might be expected.

But alas, it isn’t remotely the case. On average, Democrats are entirely equal culprits here. And as a result, there isn’t positive movement nor should any be expected, unfortunately.

You guys want steroids made legal?

Wasn’t trying to be sarcastic push, just seems like a radical perspective considering how Western society shuns AAS.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Wasn’t trying to be sarcastic push, just seems like a radical perspective considering how Western society shuns AAS.[/quote]

This only approaches true because of how the ‘issue’ of steroids has been negatively portrayed in the media. This is the perfect, textbook example of how millions and millions of people are passively fed propaganda (and it’s what it is) and disinformation and form hardcore opinions based on just a few soundbites.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
You guys want steroids made legal?[/quote]

Abso-fucking-lutely, as well as everything else. Drug prohibition is one of the most asinine, liberty stealing propositions ever put forth in this country. We need to not only be free to suceed, but free to fuck up royally. If my neighbor wants to be a crack head on his own time and does not bother me with it, what the hell do I care?

There are a lot of things you can consume, that are legal, that can kill you, they only made the enjoyable ones illegal.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Let’s both just agree that the government on a fundamental level has failed the people of America when it comes to drug regulation.[/quote]

What are the policies in the mini-downunder? For instance, I know you can by codeine over the counter in Australia, but not ephedrine.

[quote]pat wrote:

If my neighbor wants to be a crack head on his own time and does not bother me with it, what the hell do I care?
[/quote]

If only the people that are crack heads or meth heads would leave everybody alone…

As for steroids I don’t see the reason? Oh yeah “ROID RAGE” lol.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

If my neighbor wants to be a crack head on his own time and does not bother me with it, what the hell do I care?
[/quote]

If only the people that are crack heads or meth heads would leave everybody alone…

As for steroids I don’t see the reason? Oh yeah “ROID RAGE” lol.[/quote]

Well, if they could get it legally, they probably would.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

As for steroids I don’t see the reason? Oh yeah “ROID RAGE” lol.[/quote]

Well, if they could get it legally, they probably would. [/quote]

Actually only one ingredient in meth is illegal, the rest can all be purchased at your local wal-mart (and heck you can even by enough ephedrine there for something small).

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Let’s both just agree that the government on a fundamental level has failed the people of America when it comes to drug regulation.[/quote]

What are the policies in the mini-downunder? For instance, I know you can by codeine over the counter in Australia, but not ephedrine.

[/quote]

It follows the asinine practices of the FDA for the most part. But yes, you can get Codeine over the counter.

the more people are exposed to once hidden things and learn more about them, the more accepting they are. if these senetors had been training/bodybuilding when they were younger, and exposed to years of aas use by others, maybe they wouldnt be so crusading about it now?

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
the more people are exposed to once hidden things and learn more about them, the more accepting they are. if these senetors had been training/bodybuilding when they were younger, and exposed to years of aas use by others, maybe they wouldnt be so crusading about it now?[/quote]

You know those baseball players and stuff, when asked by congress why they took them, they should have answered “So I don’t look like your sorry, flabby ass, that’s why.”

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
the more people are exposed to once hidden things and learn more about them, the more accepting they are. if these senetors had been training/bodybuilding when they were younger, and exposed to years of aas use by others, maybe they wouldnt be so crusading about it now?[/quote]

You know those baseball players and stuff, when asked by congress why they took them, they should have answered “So I don’t look like your sorry, flabby ass, that’s why.”[/quote]

Politicians are puppets to whatever voice is the most obnoxious and loudest. With regards to drugs, the loudest are usually the least educated, often screaming “Oh won’t somebody think of the CHILDREN?!” which generally results in something that would have been restricted to adults at any rate being pulled from the public at large.

It sickens me that retards can have something that would be of no danger to anyone, when administered by a doctor, completely and utterly banned.