Maintaining Weight In Season?

The sports season is coming up.

I’m currently cutting from a bulk (bulk = ~3,500 calories a day, cut = ~2,000 calories a day, both 40% protein / 30% carbs / 30% fat). I have don’t as little cardio as possible during the bulk as well as the cut I’m currently on.

I want to maintain my weight, but I want to get back into sports. ~12 hours a week playing and practicing sports is what I expect to be doing.

What caloric intake should I have to maintain my final weight (195 lbs), and what adjusments should I make to my diet?

While we’re at it should we program out your in-season training and put together a comprehensive supplement list?

Read on the site, use basic common sense.

If you’re going to increase your workload significantly, then up your calories. If you are still losing weight in-season, you guess it, up your calories more. It’s not a hard concept. No one is going to be able to tell you a calorie level here that isn’t anything more than a guess.

What sport you playing kid?

tweet

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
While we’re at it should we program out your in-season training and put together a comprehensive supplement list?

Read on the site, use basic common sense.

If you’re going to increase your workload significantly, then up your calories. If you are still losing weight in-season, you guess it, up your calories more. It’s not a hard concept. No one is going to be able to tell you a calorie level here that isn’t anything more than a guess.[/quote]

If I wanted a whole training routine, then I would have posted this in “Training”.

I want to know what adjustments are typical. Does one up their protein, but lower their carbs/fats? Does one just add 500 calories from their BMR when doing a certain amount of hours of cardio, then take measurements every week and adjust from there?

[quote]theBird wrote:
What sport you playing kid?

tweet[/quote]

Soccer and basketball.

[quote]btracey wrote:
Soccer and basketball.[/quote]

in the States, you’d have to pick either/or

Liquid calories. Lots of them.

Carb powder and fast digesting protein powder.