Maintaining Strength

I’m going on a 10 day vacation on march 30th, and I would like to maintain or even increase my strength over that time, I wont have access to weights or a gym. I was thinking of purposely over training a bit, and using my vacation to recover. Any ideas or help?

Stats:
Weight: 155
Squat: 275x5
Deadlift: 305x3
Bench: 205x1
OHP: 125x3
Pullups: BW+45x6

Just enjoy the damn vacation…theres more to life than training…you wont get any weaker in 10 days, i promise

If you want, you can shoot for what CT calls ‘overreaching’ during the week prior to going on vacation. Increase work volume while eating at maintenance calories or slightly below. That way the rest and and less-ideal eating will actually benefit you over the course of the vacation.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Just enjoy the damn vacation…theres more to life than training…you wont get any weaker in 10 days, i promise[/quote]

I know there’s more to life than training, but I wanna make the most of my vacation

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:
If you want, you can shoot for what CT calls ‘overreaching’ during the week prior to going on vacation. Increase work volume while eating at maintenance calories or slightly below. That way the rest and and less-ideal eating will actually benefit you over the course of the vacation.[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking of doing. Thank you.

[quote]XArena wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:
If you want, you can shoot for what CT calls ‘overreaching’ during the week prior to going on vacation. Increase work volume while eating at maintenance calories or slightly below. That way the rest and and less-ideal eating will actually benefit you over the course of the vacation.[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking of doing. Thank you.[/quote]

I’ll probably be doing this when I go away as well. He spoke of literally doubling your volume and delibrately massively overtraining if I remember correctly

[quote]jake_j_m wrote:

[quote]XArena wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

That’s what I was thinking of doing. Thank you.[/quote]

I’ll probably be doing this when I go away as well. He spoke of literally doubling your volume and delibrately massively overtraining if I remember correctly[/quote]

I think I’m going to do it. Increase volume on volume day, and double the total reps on intenaity day, is what I’m thinking.

If you really care that much stretch a lot and do some prehab/rehab work to anything that’s bothering you. I highly doubt you’ll lose any strength and if you do it’ll be back in a week. Think of it as a de-load.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Just enjoy the damn vacation…theres more to life than training…you wont get any weaker in 10 days, i promise[/quote]

Might not be OP’s case, but to me and many others, training is a pleasurable activity that constitutes a nice temporary vacation from the real world :slight_smile:

Just kill it before you leave and during your vacation, do pushups, jumps, and take some bands to do pull-aparts and pushdowns, etc. Enjoy your vacation.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Just kill it before you leave and during your vacation, do pushups, jumps, and take some bands to do pull-aparts and pushdowns, etc. Enjoy your vacation.[/quote]

That’s my plan, I’m going to double the volume during my last week, and bring a resistancr band to cuba, and do tons of pullups, pull aparts and pushdowns

[quote]XArena wrote:

That’s my plan, I’m going to double the volume during my last week, and bring a resistancr band to cuba, and do tons of pullups, pull aparts and pushdowns[/quote]

I’ve singned up after years of lurking just to say: Are you serious? You are going to Cuba for a week and your concern is your training? It’d be bad enough for a<ny vacation but, in Cuba?

Whether you’re in La Habana

or in a beach resort

do yourself a favor and enjoy every single second of it, you’ll thank me later.
Best vacation i’ve had, ever.

PS: i mean no disrespect, it’s just honest advice.
BTW i took both those photos, just in case you were wondering.

[quote]FotoStorm wrote:

[quote]XArena wrote:

That’s my plan, I’m going to double the volume during my last week, and bring a resistancr band to cuba, and do tons of pullups, pull aparts and pushdowns[/quote]

I’ve singned up after years of lurking just to say: Are you serious? You are going to Cuba for a week and your concern is your training? It’d be bad enough for a<ny vacation but, in Cuba?

Whether you’re in La Habana

or in a beach resort

do yourself a favor and enjoy every single second of it, you’ll thank me later.
Best vacation i’ve had, ever.

PS: i mean no disrespect, it’s just honest advice.
BTW i took both those photos, just in case you were wondering.
[/quote]

That first photo is beautiful. and I plan on enjoying it, but I enjoy training more than anything, and I don’t really wanna train while I’m there, so I wanted to know how I could atleast maintain what I have