Maintaining Strenght With Injury

Hi everyone. I fractured my right tibia? today. REAL bummer! i believe I will be wearing a cast for 4-6 weeks. with the upcoming football season, i was wondering how to maintain my lower body muscle.

Since I cant do too much running, I am pretty much limited to the weightroom. THe exercises I’m limited to are those in which I appply pressure to my right foot. I was thinking somewhere along the line of

Leg Extensions 3 sets of 10
Ham. Curl 5 sets of 6 reps
Thigh Abbductors/Adductors
Glute Kick Backs
and just a bunch of ab work

obviously no compound movements, if anyone had any ideas of compound movements that didnt apply too much strain on my foot that would be great. thanks.

Honeslty Just do what ever you can Me coming back from the bicep tendon complete tear its just figuring out what you can do. Lots of unilateral stuff with he good leg for you, hit the upper body hard and the rest of it.

Keep intake high and concentrate on getting better. If you still eat still train youll heal and be back faster then ever and not lose much

Get creative have fun but bust your ass,

Phill

do you honestyly think i should do unilateral work? wont that create an even bigger strenght deficit? I mean, my left foot will get a lot of work due to hopping around on it.

[quote]norcal_BALLER wrote:
do you honestyly think i should do unilateral work? wont that create an even bigger strenght deficit? I mean, my left foot will get a lot of work due to hopping around on it.[/quote]

Hell yes do it. There are studies showing great carry over both muscular and neural. as well when you come back the body wants balance and that other leg will shoot up fast.

For instance I had been training my left arm only for 3 months, worked up to 130 lbs in an OH DB press with that arm. Just three weeks back into training Ive went from 35lb DB OH with right arm to monday hit 80lb x 5. every day it gets stronger. Better to get STRONGER and play a little catch up bro

Phill

ok, i was thinking about it today, and i realized that there will be a lot of benefits of having a super strong left leg… because in a couple weeks my weak leg will catch up. versus having 2 weak legs.