Maintaining Quad Size

CT,

How did you maintain quad size when you could not squat? Which exercises did you use and which were the most effective?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Honestly I didn’t fully maintain quads size. I was left with a fair amount of mass mostly because of squatting 6 days a week when I was competing as an olympic lifter.

I used mostly tbe Dead-Squat (trap bar before the Dead-Squat bar was available).

Why did it take you a full five years to recover from that condition? I have seen tracking issues be solved in as little as a few weeks.

[quote]bro1989 wrote:
Why did it take you a full five years to recover from that condition? I have seen tracking issues be solved in as little as a few weeks.[/quote]

1. I didn’t know what it was. It was intermittent.

2. I tried all forms of treatment, ART, physical therapy, etc.

3. I tried all exernal recovery and anti-inflammation means

4. I tried to wrap the knees

5. I tried correctove exercises

Nothing worked. At that point I figured, heck, even without squatting and if I lose some leg strength, my quads will still be bigger and more muscular than 95% of the people you see in gyms.

Until I decided to get back to the olympic lifts, and that required re-increasing front and back squatting strength. And Doc Hall then recommended the patellar strap and it worked instantly.