T Nation

Maintaining on Vacation

I’ve been incredibly fortunate recently in the sense that I’m going to be on vacation for three consecutive weeks. The problem is that when I travel I lose weight (seemingly mostly muscle) like it’s my job. I think it’s mostly stress/sleep related and because when I eat when I’m hungry I naturally lose weight.

I figure now would be a great time to lose some stubborn fat that’s concealing my glorious abdominal muscles, so my question is…

Anyone have any tips on how to do this and still enjoy myself?

You’re not going to lose bellyfat and enjoy your vacation. I would justenjoy your vacation and lose the fat later.

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
You’re not going to lose bellyfat and enjoy your vacation. I would justenjoy your vacation and lose the fat later.[/quote]

Agreed. At least for me losing fat is hard as hell. You are going on vacation. Enjoy it. If you want an exercise or two try…

suitcase 1arm floor press
suitcase 1 arm military press
suitcase overhead squats
suitcase rows
suitcase single-legged, straight-legged deadlifts
etc

no suitcase? try

500 body weight squats followed by
100 pushups followed by
100 crunches followed by
20 pullups (if you can find a bar)

hell, encourage your girlfriend to pack extra just so you have to lug it around.

my 2 cents ( I just spent 2 months on vacation if you are hurting for ideas, send me a PM)

[quote]edgecrusher wrote:
I’ve been incredibly fortunate recently in the sense that I’m going to be on vacation for three consecutive weeks. The problem is that when I travel I lose weight (seemingly mostly muscle) like it’s my job. I think it’s mostly stress/sleep related and because when I eat when I’m hungry I naturally lose weight.

I figure now would be a great time to lose some stubborn fat that’s concealing my glorious abdominal muscles, so my question is…

Anyone have any tips on how to do this and still enjoy myself?[/quote]

Enjoy your fucking vacation and not worry.
Oh yea…sprints!
:slight_smile:

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
You’re not going to lose bellyfat and enjoy your vacation. [/quote]

Intuitively I knew that was going to be the answer, but somehow I was hoping someone had a magic bullet for me. I think, if I do anything, I’m going to focus on isometrics and stretching because I’ve been neglecting them.

Thanks for all your responses and well wishes, I really appreciate them.

Try Thibs’ MacGyver workout. It has cool stuff you can do with only a few stuff.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459514

You didn’t mention anything about your training while you’re gone, but here’s something else to throw into the hat… Berardi’s playground workout:
precisionnutrition.com/members/showthread.php?t=7248