Maintaining Gains While at Military Basic Training

[quote]chongtxtx wrote:
I am writing this reply to tell you how it is really going to be there.

I was in the air force for 7 years and remember the BT. Don�??t get me wrong it was very easy and I put on ten lbs of muscle there mostly because I was a stick and they didn�??t let me run enough to keep the weight down.

You will NOT be able to bring the stuff in there because they will search your bags. You can try sneaking the stuff in but if you get caught your ass gets thrown out after being processed through the medical flight more than likely, which is like hell I have heard.

In the medical flight you just walk around to stupid appointments doing yard work, picking up trash and crap like that, ooo and talk to psych doctors as well sound like fun yet. Then there is the possibility of some form of disciplinary action as well.

You will not workout with weights there think about it there are hundreds of people going through this one course at any given time and they only go to one base so there will not be enough gyms/weights to accommodate everyone.

So the instructors primarily stick to some form of bodyweight exercise. You will not do that many push-ups unless you are a screw up and even then you only get like 10 at a time.

You will be walking around everywhere you go in the Texas heat (got to love it)so you will be burning tons of calories just doing that, and you will be running a lot so again more calories. As far as chow goes there is a potential to eat alot there if you can scarf down food like there is no tomorrow and quickly.

It’s all luck of the draw who gets to eat the longest. You could be sitting down and then the instructors can tell you get up your done and you could have only put two bites in your mouth so it�??s important that you eat as fast as you can don�??t bother chewing, if you take a swig of water with every bite that helps food go down quicker as well.

Hmm what else you will get a piss test within the first 1-2 weeks of getting there now normally they only give drug test not steroid tests because the latter is more costly but if they believe someone is on the juice or just too big for their liking they will order a steroid test as well so keep that in mind.

You will not be allowed to purchase protein, Creatine, or any other supplements because you cannot store them. They want everyone�??s wall locker to look exactly the same so if you have a bottle of something that the other person does not have they will not allow it.

I�??ve seen it happen. Shit I saw them not allow an entire bay of 65 women not have purses because 1 person did not have one. Those are just some of the things to think of before you head down to BT.

If you want to be in great shape and cut some weight and are adamant about going into the service I have a friend that joined the Combat Controllers as an air national guardsman so it is possible.

Or even Pararescueman I don�??t know about the Combat Weatherman, but they are the Air Forces Special Forces. They all work out all day and are in superb shape, just as good as shape as other services Special Forces. Just some more food for thought before you leave.

Good luck and have a blast peace.[/quote]

[quote]bearcat1485 wrote:
Best Daddy Ever…Chill out bro, firt of all its eight weeks, At the worst you will come out of basic leaner ready to gain some massive strength and size. I went to Basic training for the Marine Corps which is 13 weeks long and I am sure requires much more running and intensive aerobic exercising that are going to do nothing but burn calories.

I entered weighing 208 and came out 201. Just take in as many calories as you can when ever chow comes around. You will be able to choose what you want to eat at each meal…the trick is load up on milk, peanut butter, cottage cheese etc.

Now…sneaking protien in and protien laced with gear…Go ahead and log back on here when you get kicked the hell out and let us know how that worked for ya. there will be no sneaking shit in that they dont issue you, you are going to get there and all of your belongings will be put in a box and you will not see them till the day you leave.

Also, get off the gear and stay off, the military will catch you. Although the “random” piss tets dont test for roids they will know, and will nail your ass…then see how far you get in life with an unhonorable discharge from the military. Dont be an idiot. Get through it, then get out ready to rock and roll, and ready to rock and roll naturally.[/quote]

^^^^^^^ Both very good posts.

Can’t really say much more. No supplements or unissued chow allowed.

Good luck and keep us posted.

[quote]xXDevilDogXx wrote:
chongtxtx wrote:
I am writing this reply to tell you how it is really going to be there.

I was in the air force for 7 years and remember the BT. Don�??t get me wrong it was very easy and I put on ten lbs of muscle there mostly because I was a stick and they didn�??t let me run enough to keep the weight down.

You will NOT be able to bring the stuff in there because they will search your bags. You can try sneaking the stuff in but if you get caught your ass gets thrown out after being processed through the medical flight more than likely, which is like hell I have heard.

In the medical flight you just walk around to stupid appointments doing yard work, picking up trash and crap like that, ooo and talk to psych doctors as well sound like fun yet. Then there is the possibility of some form of disciplinary action as well.

You will not workout with weights there think about it there are hundreds of people going through this one course at any given time and they only go to one base so there will not be enough gyms/weights to accommodate everyone.

So the instructors primarily stick to some form of bodyweight exercise. You will not do that many push-ups unless you are a screw up and even then you only get like 10 at a time. You will be walking around everywhere you go in the Texas heat (got to love it)so you will be burning tons of calories just doing that, and you will be running a lot so again more calories.

As far as chow goes there is a potential to eat alot there if you can scarf down food like there is no tomorrow and quickly. It’s all luck of the draw who gets to eat the longest.

You could be sitting down and then the instructors can tell you get up your done and you could have only put two bites in your mouth so it�??s important that you eat as fast as you can don�??t bother chewing, if you take a swig of water with every bite that helps food go down quicker as well.

Hmm what else you will get a piss test within the first 1-2 weeks of getting there now normally they only give drug test not steroid tests because the latter is more costly but if they believe someone is on the juice or just too big for their liking they will order a steroid test as well so keep that in mind.

You will not be allowed to purchase protein, Creatine, or any other supplements because you cannot store them. They want everyone�??s wall locker to look exactly the same so if you have a bottle of something that the other person does not have they will not allow it. I�??ve seen it happen.

Shit I saw them not allow an entire bay of 65 women not have purses because 1 person did not have one. Those are just some of the things to think of before you head down to BT.

If you want to be in great shape and cut some weight and are adamant about going into the service I have a friend that joined the Combat Controllers as an air national guardsman so it is possible.

Or even Pararescueman I don�??t know about the Combat Weatherman, but they are the Air Forces Special Forces. They all work out all day and are in superb shape, just as good as shape as other services Special Forces. Just some more food for thought before you leave.

Good luck and have a blast peace.

bearcat1485 wrote:
Best Daddy Ever…Chill out bro, firt of all its eight weeks, At the worst you will come out of basic leaner ready to gain some massive strength and size. I went to Basic training for the Marine Corps which is 13 weeks long and I am sure requires much more running and intensive aerobic exercising that are going to do nothing but burn calories.

I entered weighing 208 and came out 201. Just take in as many calories as you can when ever chow comes around. You will be able to choose what you want to eat at each meal…the trick is load up on milk, peanut butter, cottage cheese etc.

Now…sneaking protien in and protien laced with gear…Go ahead and log back on here when you get kicked the hell out and let us know how that worked for ya. there will be no sneaking shit in that they dont issue you, you are going to get there and all of your belongings will be put in a box and you will not see them till the day you leave.

Also, get off the gear and stay off, the military will catch you. Although the “random” piss tets dont test for roids they will know, and will nail your ass…then see how far you get in life with an unhonorable discharge from the military. Dont be an idiot. Get through it, then get out ready to rock and roll, and ready to rock and roll naturally.

^^^^^^^ Both very good posts.

Can’t really say much more. No supplements or unissued chow allowed.

Good luck and keep us posted.[/quote]

Well the reality of it is that I will probably lose a little bit of mass while I am at basic training. I will hopefully lose some fat as well. I won’t really need to say much more until training starts.

I am glad you have finally arrived at this decision - i have followed this thread, and i agree that is was always unlikely you would be able to take supplements, food and definitely drugs in with you.

Stay off - you are in great shape anyway, shit… do natural contests for a year…

J

[quote] JJ wrote:
I am glad you have finally arrived at this decision - i have followed this thread, and i agree that is was always unlikely you would be able to take supplements, food and definitely drugs in with you.

Stay off - you are in great shape anyway, shit… do natural contests for a year…

J[/quote]

Haha, I actually will do natural contests for a year, at least technically. My first contest and only contest for the next year will be this August, and then I won’t be doing another one until after NEXT August. I will be natural for my first contest, so yeah JJ, I’ll do it. :wink:

[quote]BestDaddyEver wrote:
I just recently met with a recruiter for the Air National Guard, and I have decided to join as a part-timer in order to help pay for grad school as well as pay off bills, which only entails that I work for them 1 weekend a month and, at some point in the year, 15 consecutive days.[/quote]

Wow, you’re my hero.

Win some medals while you’re out there, warrior.
Watch out for papercuts.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
BestDaddyEver wrote:
I just recently met with a recruiter for the Air National Guard, and I have decided to join as a part-timer in order to help pay for grad school as well as pay off bills, which only entails that I work for them 1 weekend a month and, at some point in the year, 15 consecutive days.

Wow, you’re my hero.

Watch out for papercuts.
[/quote]

Those papercuts can be nasty. I’ll make sure not to pull the same thing they did in Jackass where they slit papercuts all in between their fingers and toes. That made me cringe.

Besides, I have 2 kids. I can’t be going out and dying. I would never forgive myself.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
BestDaddyEver wrote:
I just recently met with a recruiter for the Air National Guard, and I have decided to join as a part-timer in order to help pay for grad school as well as pay off bills, which only entails that I work for them 1 weekend a month and, at some point in the year, 15 consecutive days.

Wow, you’re my hero.

Watch out for papercuts.
[/quote]

Play nice, Contri…

I have ten years in the army and worked with the airforce two of those years.First of all you will not be able to take any supplements.The drill instructors will search everything you have the first day.You might try sneaking in some weightgainer just to keep your calories up.Airforce basic will not be that hard.It’s the least physical of all branches.Most of the bigger guys I saw in army basic retained muscle mass.They just leaned out a bit.

As far as gear goes in the military I think you will be fine.Especially considering you are joining the national guard.Just don’t talk about your use to anyone.Once you go to tech school you will be able to go to the gym.Airforce gyms are very nice from what I’ve seen.Just like your average comercial gyms.Just don’t do anything stupid while in tech school.The Airforce is quick to discharge a person.I’ve seen it too many times.

Everything you post is retarded, good luck on an all oral cycle as your first ever cycle and then sneaking drugs into the military. "hey guys I’m going to lose a few pounds, help me sneak drugs so I can stay Hooge!’

[quote]shizen wrote:
Everything you post is retarded, good luck on an all oral cycle as your first ever cycle and then sneaking drugs into the military. "hey guys I’m going to lose a few pounds, help me sneak drugs so I can stay Hooge!'[/quote]

The last time you posted in this forum was to deny my stats, and then now you come in to insult me again with no other posts in between in this forum. No, I’m not doing an all-oral cycle for my first cycle. If you read, you would have known that. And no, I’m not sneaking in steroids into basic training. I merely considered it since I was unaware of military rules and standards such as searching, etc. If you read, you would have known that as well.

If you can’t be constructive or contributive towards someone, you can just ignore that person.

You are making the right decision hear, now for the upside! I got to the fleet after boot camp and immediatly discovered the abbundance of gyms. we have 23 gyms or something like that on Camp PEndleton alone. once you are done with basic you will be able to get some good training. well, I guess If I remember right you said you are going into the reserves, well hell, at least you get all he military disounts on suplements and stuff!!!

I know that once I got to the fleet I immediatly contacted the base fitness rep and go them to allow me to start a base powerlifting team. Now they pay for everything; equipment, travel, supplements, ou name it. What Im getting to is that the militar is very supportive of you becoming a freakin monster in the gym and you will be just fine and even better for it.

Also, just an idea, if you are in pretty good shape now and it wouldnt hurt you endurance to much, scratch all competition training and start gain as muh as possible, then you wont be as small when you get out:) good luck

[quote]bearcat1485 wrote:
You are making the right decision hear, now for the upside! I got to the fleet after boot camp and immediatly discovered the abbundance of gyms. we have 23 gyms or something like that on Camp PEndleton alone. once you are done with basic you will be able to get some good training. well, I guess If I remember right you said you are going into the reserves, well hell, at least you get all he military disounts on suplements and stuff!!!

I know that once I got to the fleet I immediatly contacted the base fitness rep and go them to allow me to start a base powerlifting team. Now they pay for everything; equipment, travel, supplements, ou name it. What Im getting to is that the militar is very supportive of you becoming a freakin monster in the gym and you will be just fine and even better for it.

Also, just an idea, if you are in pretty good shape now and it wouldnt hurt you endurance to much, scratch all competition training and start gain as muh as possible, then you wont be as small when you get out:) good luck[/quote]

Oh don’t worry, I will be doing a full 12 week, all-out mass cycle before I go into basic training. I should be looking pretty swole (if all goes well) once I get there.

What about after basic training can the military piss test you. does anyone know if they check for ass

I think you should probably start to work on your conditioning, by the time you do basic training, you will just breeze through. If you go all hyooge, it’s going to suck. I recommend a 2 x short test prop + IGF1/GH cycle with a blast of MGF in between before you do basic training.

Get some nice hyperplasia, get ripped, drop some body weight, and work on conditioning. After basic training, hopefully you have improved your cadrio fitness and conditioning even more, and more ripped physique. Your body should be primed for explosive growth once you resume weight training + AAS. DO you all out mass cycle after basic.

Your stat’s looks pretty impressive, I hope you can achieve Spetsnaz standard after basics :slight_smile: 18 dead hang pull up with 10kg attached. If haven’t already mastered it.

First off, this post is a year old. Secondly @ hulk. Do a simple search and you’ll find your answer, this is a fairly common question. Random piss testing is a part of military life, but no they don’t test for AAS unless they suspect that you are using.

[quote]BestDaddyEver wrote:
Oh don’t worry, I will be doing a full 12 week, all-out mass cycle before I go into basic training. I should be looking pretty swole (if all goes well) once I get there.[/quote]

Listen, I’m first to play nice nice around here, but don’t be a retard.

We all love our test, thats whey we post here right? But you REALLY think that going into Basic while your HPTA is recovering is a good idea? I know its just Air Farce basic (joke, guys, take it easy, chairborn) but it will still be stressful for you. This high level of stress will further make recovery more difficult.

You will attract extra attention from drill instructors, and they won’t be coming over to check out your guns. They will see it as an indication of narcissism, and even in the Air Force, its ALL about teamwork, and they will go OUT of their way to let you know you’re just another team member.

Lastly, what is required for nearly all military duty is not to be “jacked” but to be lean, and muscular with high levels of endurance. If you want to go in there as hot shit, go look up the Air Force PT test, and be able to max it out. That will be seen as a commitment to personal fitness.

I think your decision to serve, even in a part time capacity, is an honorable one.

If you cannot make the “sacrifice” of staying natural for the months leading up to, and including basic, then you probably don’t have the professional mindset that is required to be a good soldier/airman/sailor/marine. In this case, you should stay the FUCK out of our beloved military.

In short: lay off the roids for a little. Don’t be a Blue Falcon.

dammit. where did this old ass thread come from.

blah

[quote]OTS1 wrote:
BestDaddyEver wrote:
Oh don’t worry, I will be doing a full 12 week, all-out mass cycle before I go into basic training. I should be looking pretty swole (if all goes well) once I get there.

Listen, I’m first to play nice nice around here, but don’t be a retard.

We all love our test, thats whey we post here right? But you REALLY think that going into Basic while your HPTA is recovering is a good idea? I know its just Air Farce basic (joke, guys, take it easy, chairborn) but it will still be stressful for you. This high level of stress will further make recovery more difficult.

You will attract extra attention from drill instructors, and they won’t be coming over to check out your guns. They will see it as an indication of narcissism, and even in the Air Force, its ALL about teamwork, and they will go OUT of their way to let you know you’re just another team member.

Lastly, what is required for nearly all military duty is not to be “jacked” but to be lean, and muscular with high levels of endurance. If you want to go in there as hot shit, go look up the Air Force PT test, and be able to max it out. That will be seen as a commitment to personal fitness.

I think your decision to serve, even in a part time capacity, is an honorable one.

If you cannot make the “sacrifice” of staying natural for the months leading up to, and including basic, then you probably don’t have the professional mindset that is required to be a good soldier/airman/sailor/marine. In this case, you should stay the FUCK out of our beloved military.

In short: lay off the roids for a little. Don’t be a Blue Falcon. [/quote]

Good post…

Even if it is to a long gone and dishonoured former poster in a long dead thread! lol!

Thanks!