Magnusson/Ortmayer Deadlift Routine

Week 1

Sets Reps Weight
4 4 70%
2 2 80%
1 8+ 70%

If you hit all reps on Week 1 continue to Week 2, if not redo Week 1.

Week 2

Sets Reps Weight
4 4 70%
1 2 80%
1 2 90%
1 8+ 70%

If you hit all reps on week 2 continue to week 3 if not redo week 2.

week 3

Sets Reps Weight
4 4 70% + 10lbs
1 2 80% + 10lbs
1 2 90% + 10lbs
1 8+ 70% + 10lbs

week 4: Rest Week. No deadlifts

My question is if instead of this I can do something like this
Week 1

Sets Reps Weight
4 4 70%
2 2 80%
1 8+ 70%

If you hit all reps on Week 1 continue to Week 2, if not redo Week 1.

Week 2

Sets Reps Weight
1 4 70%
1 2 80%
1 2 90%
4 4 70%
1 8+ 70%

If you hit all reps on week 2 continue to week 3 if not redo week 2.

week 3

Sets Reps Weight
1 4 70% + 10lbs
1 2 80% + 10lbs
1 2 90% + 10lbs
4 4 70% + 10lbs
1 8+ 70% + 10lbs

week 4: Rest Week. No deadlifts

To be honest i suck at reps, big time. After first week testing i feel fatigue after 44 at 70 %. I think i am gonna miss 12 90%.

I don’t understand the question. You can do whatever you want, lol. Unless of course you expect Magnusson to walk into your training session, tell you ‘you’re doing it all WRONG!!!’, and walk out with your barbell. It’s your training, your decision.

I wish Magnusson would do this to me.

I like that. I might steal it and apply to my strongman template. I googled the program and found a spreadsheet that just says "projected max. do you know if you are supposed to use a goal or a true max?

I think you should follow the program as it is written for at least one cycle. Don’t try to outsmart people who are considerably stronger than you.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:
I like that. I might steal it and apply to my strongman template. I googled the program and found a spreadsheet that just says "projected max. do you know if you are supposed to use a goal or a true max?

I think you should follow the program as it is written for at least one cycle. Don’t try to outsmart people who are considerably stronger than you. [/quote]
I am using true max, and i will use smaller jumps in weights(5 pounds, instead of 10).

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I don’t understand the question. You can do whatever you want, lol. Unless of course you expect Magnusson to walk into your training session, tell you ‘you’re doing it all WRONG!!!’, and walk out with your barbell. It’s your training, your decision.

I wish Magnusson would do this to me.[/quote]
First thanks for reply,i know it’s my training but for the first time i really wanna follow routine. I am afraid that this is not too difficult. So far I’ve only did singles and doubles, reload was also just singles( 15x1 @ 60% 30seconds rest).

That looks really cool.

As to your question, try it. See how it goes.