Magnusson/ortmayer deadlift program - week 5 video

I could have crushed this a lot easier, but it was my first day back off of a deload and I felt like a wet noodle. Cheers

4x4x395 (video says 390 but its 395)
2x445
2x500
8x390 (not filmed)

Good pulling man, especially for a tall guy like yourself at just a bit over 200 lbs. 2nd rep with 500 was bad hitching, if you know what I mean. Keep hitting the program hard and reap the results bro.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Good pulling man, especially for a tall guy like yourself at just a bit over 200 lbs. 2nd rep with 500 was bad hitching, if you know what I mean. Keep hitting the program hard and reap the results bro. [/quote]

Thanks a lot, that hitch was pretty bad lol. It was actually Week 5 which was the same numbers as week 3. In week 3 I crushed the 500 double easily, felt like I had at least 2 more in the tank. Just not a good day I guess

What was your starting point? projected max?

Nice pulling.

[quote]ishinator wrote:
What was your starting point? projected max?

Nice pulling.[/quote]

Haha I actually meant to write WASN’T bad hitching…if you wanna see some bad hitching, look up some of dieselweasel’s older videos. Thankfully that guy got himself squared away before seriously hurting himself, but yeah.

I ran this program to take my deadlift from 405-455 about two years ago. I will be really interested to see how it works for you as your deadlift is right around the same as mine is now and I am also a taller guy, just not 6’5" tall.