Magnus Ver Magnuson

On a fluke I met him this weekend. My son and I were walking into Wal-Mart and say a log press from WSM and it said Magnus Ver Magnuson on it. I pointed it out and told him, only 7, that the WSM guys press this overhead and add weight to it. As we walk in a guy told someone he was at the front signing autographs. So I walk up and he signs one for my son. Funny thing is no one was in line and paying much attention to him.

So I continue walking around and got my stuff. As we are going he looked pretty bored, so I talked to him for a few minutes. I asked who was the most fun to compete against. He told me that it was a hard question and as he was thinking I mentioned Kaz, I never really liked him, and he said Kaz was a dick. He finally came back and told me Manfred, and told me it was unfortunate that he had to get into a car accident and ripped his bicep and that when you rip an arm that big there is no way you are coming back. He seemed very nice, but kinda bored.

[quote]laxcdn wrote:
On a fluke I met him this weekend. My son and I were walking into Wal-Mart and say a log press from WSM and it said Magnus Ver Magnuson on it. I pointed it out and told him, only 7, that the WSM guys press this overhead and add weight to it. As we walk in a guy told someone he was at the front signing autographs. So I walk up and he signs one for my son. Funny thing is no one was in line and paying much attention to him.

So I continue walking around and got my stuff. As we are going he looked pretty bored, so I talked to him for a few minutes. I asked who was the most fun to compete against. He told me that it was a hard question and as he was thinking I mentioned Kaz, I never really liked him, and he said Kaz was a dick. He finally came back and told me Manfred, and told me it was unfortunate that he had to get into a car accident and ripped his bicep and that when you rip an arm that big there is no way you are coming back. He seemed very nice, but kinda bored.[/quote]

wal-mart sells log press? or it was just there? wal-mart is kind’ve a weird place for him to be. thats cool, though. im sure he appreciated that someone knew about strongman.

[quote]Billmelater138 wrote:

wal-mart sells log press? or it was just there? wal-mart is kind’ve a weird place for him to be. thats cool, though. im sure he appreciated that someone knew about strongman.[/quote]

Yeah, wtf was he doing at a walmart in canada? oh well, the lesson, as always, is that kaz is a dick.

There is a water company called Icelandic Glacial that opened their Canadian office in Winnipeg. So he was promoting the water by signing autographs. Not sure if he pressed the log during the day, but man the blonde that was with him, whoa. My son got a kick out of him, and the next time WSM is on, I will point him out to him.