Magnesium and Other Vitamins I Take

I know magnesium excellent for recovery after work outs. I was just wondering what form of it you guys take. I used to take the regular CVS kind and never really felt an effect. Then I read somewhere that Magnesium glycinate is what dissolves the best. I have been taking that for the past 2 months or so and my bottle is about to finish. Was wondering if there is something better.

Also, do you think I should take it on an empty stomach with some water or after a meal? Which one is better for absorption?

Other supplements I take are Vitamin E after workouts with a meal, because it helps repair muscle and Zinc and B6 before sleeping. These are all the regular CVS brands. Oh yeah, and 2000 mg of Vitamin C.

What do some of you take?

Any suggestion on adding/removing something from my list?

anyone?

multi-vitamin? looking good otherwise

dont take so much Vitamin C, about 500mg is the most you need daily, over that can actually slow progress

Before bed, try taking ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium Asparatate) rather than Zinc and Magnesium seperately.

ZMA is designed for better absorption and also includes B6.

This stuff I use is quite affordable and will save you taking multiple pills:

www.esourcenutrition.com/search.aspx?keywords=zma?source=js

[quote]Daveski7 wrote:
dont take so much Vitamin C, about 500mg is the most you need daily, over that can actually slow progress[/quote]

No, increasing vitamin C postworkout helps to blunt cortisol.

Going over 2g or so may be over doing it considering that we get some vit c from diet.

You said that it can slow progress? From what if you don’t mind?

DG

[quote]lilronnie wrote:
Before bed, try taking ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium Asparatate) rather than Zinc and Magnesium seperately.

http://www.esourcenutrition.com/search.aspx?keywords=zma?source=js[/quote]

ZMA is sold right here on THIS site for a great price and free shipping. It’s what I use.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
lilronnie wrote:

www.esourcenutrition.com/search.aspx?keywords=zma?source=js

ZMA is sold right here on THIS site for a great price and free shipping. It’s what I use.[/quote]

ZMA is cheaper from Biotest than it is from eSourceNutrition

ZMA is the way to go

i do the same with the vitamin c 500mg before 2000 mg after and again later in the day.

multi- vitamin and protein