Magician Bench Press

I think fake plates as well. Listen to the sound of the bar being racked and it sounds like there’s 95lbs if that on there. 315+ makes a bit of noise when dropped back into the supports.

He is a good faker.

[quote]krebcycle wrote:

I guess the point of having it at the police gym is to give social proof, because there is no way that the police would willingly be part of a deliberate attempt to deceive people, right??[/quote]

Oh of course not. Police are our friends, they never do anything wrong, and never ever lie to people.

[quote]BobParr wrote:
Stage magic is about TRICKS. Those plates could be hollow plastic for all we know. Plus, the guy saying “all you” was touching the bar, so it’s possible he could have been helping quite a bit.

It’s also possible this little dude has freak strength. I once witnessed a guy close to 7 feet tall with legs about as thick as my forearms squat 3 plates for reps. It was his very first time trying to squat and his technique was atrocious. I expected him to get pinned right away, but instead he did “deep knee bends” for like 7 reps! This guy just had wicked natural strength. It’s possible this miniature magician is also gifted that way.[/quote]

c’mon man you’re being too serious. plates are fake. bar movement not natural. the way the first guy unracked it was unnatural followed by the uneven and unnatural concentric movement. fake.

lol is that what’s passing for “magic” in the UK?

Guys I think it’s fake.

Fake plates. Watch the black guy un-rack the bar for his attempt.

Trick trick trick.
I just roll my eyes every time my friends gasp in amazement whenever they watch this guy’s show. So gullible. And nothing he does impresses me. Even his ‘mind reading’ and the ‘ability’ to guess someone great-grand aunt’s name. All staged.

Even Derren Brown can’t fool me.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Trick trick trick.
I just roll my eyes every time my friends gasp in amazement whenever they watch this guy’s show. So gullible. And nothing he does impresses me. Even his ‘mind reading’ and the ‘ability’ to guess someone great-grand aunt’s name. All staged.

Even Derren Brown can’t fool me.[/quote]

He sure fooled me, I thought he was straight.

Hahaha!!

I’m gonna give you that one. I was shocked when I found out.

Derren brown is in a different league. I used to work with someone who became a part of one of his live shows, he said when you’re on stage watching him do it all, it’s mind-boggling.

Of course its still all tricks, but atleast Derrens are complicated and not so easily seen through.

I think the weight plates are fake they look to pristine to be real iron plates . I doubt that black guy could lift it either I could be wrong but he looks rather puny compared to guys who legitimately lift that type of weight.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
lol is that what’s passing for “magic” in the UK?[/quote]

Well half of the show is filmed in the US, so I guess it would also be whats passing for magic in the US…

if he weighed the plates, put them on, and then managed to lift it (or look like he lifted it), that would be an impressive magic trick.

like before sawing the woman in half, the magician usually tries to show how the saw and the box are real… otherwise what’s the trick?

Obvious fake with ZERO bar bend.

So are we all agreed it’s fake? Wasn’t sure reading all the replies…

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
Derren brown is in a different league. I used to work with someone who became a part of one of his live shows, he said when you’re on stage watching him do it all, it’s mind-boggling.

Of course its still all tricks, but atleast Derrens are complicated and not so easily seen through.[/quote]

+1

This guy didn’t constitute a proper illusion at all with this act, there’s already a fake plate bench press video from arnold classic or something floating on youtube (500x20 or something daft), the fact there’s not even proof of real plates… haha

Derren is a genius though. No one else can do what he does consistently. He is the best modern illusionist.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
So are we all agreed it’s fake? Wasn’t sure reading all the replies…[/quote]

Lol.
Some people are pretty self-congratulatory over a very obvious video.

Sad thing is I bet some retards on other forums will think it’s legit

So I’m a little slow, let me get this straight, a MAGICIAN on TV Does something that on the surface appears to be on the edge of impossible, yes? And there are actual replies of is it fake, yes?

Please for the Love of God, don’t anyone post a video of a magician doing anything else, ever, because everything they do is magic OR it’s a trick/fake/illusion (whatever the fuck you want to call it).

You don’t have to ask…Everything a magician does is fake or an illusion, or some form of trick. That is why people go/pay to see them. 1. To try to figure out the trick 2. they acually enjoy the mind fuck part, 3. They really beleive a guy can be buried alive in concrete and escape, without any illusions or trickery.

$100 bucks says the police station received some cash payment to “go along” with the “illusion”.