MAG10 and Training

Hi there,

i’m about to start a MAG10 cycle and i’d like to train in a way that will optimize the results while on it.

i’m considering doing a high volume-high intensity program such as 10-20 sets of 3/4 reps per muscle group.

i also train almost every day. i always stop one or two reps short of failure. this way, i minimize the stress on my CNS and can keep training and only take a break when i feel i need one.

i’ve never trained for specific goals (mass, strengh…) except when i was a ‘‘young’’ ball player.

Obviously, at the moment, my aim is to gain some lean muscle mass.

i must confess that i dislike high reps scheme and it just doesn’t motivate me to hit the gym.

still, i’d consider doing this sort of training if it would induce better gains.

any other pointers on how to use MAG10 would be greatly appreciated (although this is not the right forum for this).

thanks for any type of feedback.
fred

Hey, How u doing
I will try and lend a hand.

First off as my usual I want to stress your diet in being your #1 factor to your success. You MUST have this in line. This is no time in my opinion to just eat whatever you want. A big clean bulk is the way to go. If you need more particulars on that just holler and many of us will I’m sure chime in.

On the training I will be short and simple, and tell you something you probably dont want to hear. While the Mag 10 is going to elicte growth alone, by you adding on top of that a stimulus rarly used by you, something unfamiliar you should shoot up like a weed. I did much the same on my last cycle, changing to a high rep scheme. It worked I never use them (rarely) But it will for sure get thrown in 1-2 time a year from now on.

Check out the Growth Surge Project that came with the Mag 10.

Hope this helps, Come on back for anything further,
Phill

Dref,

I found this workout somewhere on T-Nation and it has worked well on my Mag-10 cycles.

Willderness

Wednesday

Barbell Bench Press: 2 sets 6-8 reps
Incline Flies: 2 sets of triple strips (5,5,5)
Bent Over T-bar Rows: 2 sets 6-8 reps
Underhand and Close Grip Seated Rows: 2 sets of triple strips (5,5,5)
Standing Barbell Press: 2 sets 6-8 reps
Front Shoulder Raises: 2 sets of triple strips (5,5,5)
Abs (leg raises): 2 sets

Thursday

Barbell Lunges: 3 sets 8-10 reps
Glute-Ham Raises: 3 sets
Preacher Curls With Dumbbells: 2 sets 8-10 reps
Triceps Pushdowns: 2 sets 8-10 reps
Standing Calf Raise: 2 sets of 10-12

Friday

Peck Deck: 3 sets of 15 reps
Pull Downs (close parallel grip): 3 sets of 15 reps
Rear Deltoid on Peck Deck: 3 sets of 15 reps

Saturday

Deep Squats: 3 sets of triple strips (5,5,5)
Dumbbell Leg Curls: 3 sets of triple strips (5,5,5)
Standing Barbell Curls: 2 sets 8-10 reps
Lying Triceps Extension: 2 sets 8-10 reps
Seated Calf Raise: 2 sets 15-20 reps

Sunday

Seated Row (close, parallel grip): 2 sets 10-12 reps
Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 2 sets to failure
Machine Incline Bench Press: 2 sets 10-12 reps
Push-Ups (feet up on bench, hands turned out): 2 sets to failure
Arnold Press: 2 sets 10-12 reps
Lateral Dumbbell Raises: 2 sets 10 reps
Abs: 2 sets crunches or similar

Monday

Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 15 reps
Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
Donkey Calf Raise or Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets of 15 reps

Tuesday Off

Note: Triple strip sets are performed by beginning with a weight that you can do a maximum of five times; then immediately dropping to a weight that you can do five more times; then immediately dropping to a weight that you can do another five times.

Thanks guys for your help.

i’ll give it a try and keep you posted on the results.

thanks again
fred