MAG-10 Shelf Life

I’ve got a couple bottles of liquid MAG-10 that I bought last year. The expiration on the bottles say 8/05 and they’ve been kept in a cool place. Is that a realistic expiration or will this stuff go bad quicker? God knows you can’t tell by the taste. Thanks in advance.

[quote]Mike D. wrote:
I’ve got a couple bottles of liquid MAG-10 that I bought last year. The expiration on the bottles say 8/05 and they’ve been kept in a cool place. Is that a realistic expiration or will this stuff go bad quicker? God knows you can’t tell by the taste. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

If you want it to last – freeze it!

[quote]Mike D. wrote:
I’ve got a couple bottles of liquid MAG-10 that I bought last year. The expiration on the bottles say 8/05 and they’ve been kept in a cool place. Is that a realistic expiration or will this stuff go bad quicker? God knows you can’t tell by the taste. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Provided that it’s in a cool, dark, dry place, you can expect to have full potency up until that date, if not quite some time later.

[quote]Cy Willson wrote:

Provided that it’s in a cool, dark, dry place, you can expect to have full potency up until that date, if not quite some time later.[/quote]

Excellent. Thanks for the reply.

So Cy,

I’m not asking for a quote, but off the record how long would you say that this certain bottle might last? I have a similar situation in which I purchased 8 bottles of the liquid MAG-10 back in 11/03 but I haven’t had a chance to use them. I’m about to hit about a 3-5 year period where it also would be less than optimal to use. If I keep them in the freezer, is it unreasonable to expect them to last (at full or near full potency) until approx 2008 or so?

Kyle

[quote]Cy Willson wrote:
Mike D. wrote:
I’ve got a couple bottles of liquid MAG-10 that I bought last year. The expiration on the bottles say 8/05 and they’ve been kept in a cool place. Is that a realistic expiration or will this stuff go bad quicker? God knows you can’t tell by the taste. Thanks in advance.

Provided that it’s in a cool, dark, dry place, you can expect to have full potency up until that date, if not quite some time later.[/quote]

[quote]Upstate Lifter wrote:
So Cy,

I’m not asking for a quote, but off the record how long would you say that this certain bottle might last? I have a similar situation in which I purchased 8 bottles of the liquid MAG-10 back in 11/03 but I haven’t had a chance to use them. I’m about to hit about a 3-5 year period where it also would be less than optimal to use. If I keep them in the freezer, is it unreasonable to expect them to last (at full or near full potency) until approx 2008 or so?

Kyle

Cy Willson wrote:
Mike D. wrote:

Provided that it’s in a cool, dark, dry place, you can expect to have full potency up until that date, if not quite some time later.

[/quote]

Well, considering that this is on a public forum, I think it’s very much “on the record” :slight_smile:

Anyhow, such products degrade very slowly provided that they are kept in normal conditions. If you keep the container closed and if you were to keep them in the freezer, there’s no reason to suspect that the potency would decline to any significant extent. Even if you had left them at room temp and they were 5 years expired, I doubt you’d experience much more than a 2-5% decline in terms of potency.