MAG-10 Pulse Fast is Here

What are the effects on insulin sensitivity if we consume such high insulinemic (and quickly absorbed) drinks every 3h for a whole day?

MAG-10 and Power Drive are already staples for me; i think i’ll give it a try at some point w/ just those two to see how it goes. i’m also leery to use Alpha GPC at all due to a heart condition, even though i’m guessing it would be safe.

[quote]Madman2 wrote:

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
Brian do you know if there are any plans to release discount packages that don’t include the NALGENEÃ???Ã??Ã?® Bottle?
It seems a waste building a collection of these bottles when you only need one.[/quote]

I’m not aware of any such plans.[/quote]

With the prices as they are at this posting, it’s actually cheaper to buy the supps individually (in the same quantities and without the bottle) than it is to buy the package. If you need the bottle, buy the “stack” first. After that buy the stuff as you need it.[/quote]

I think I’ll buy the package with 2 extra MAG-10s and 1 Anaconda. This covers 9 fasts if I use 3 scoops of Power Drive instead of 4.

[quote]Madman2 wrote:

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:

Brian do you know if there are any plans to release discount packages that don’t include the NALGENEÃ???Ã???Ã??Ã?® Bottle?
It seems a waste building a collection of these bottles when you only need one.[/quote]

I’m not aware of any such plans.[/quote]

With the prices as they are at this posting, it’s actually cheaper to buy the supps individually (in the same quantities and without the bottle) than it is to buy the package. If you need the bottle, buy the “stack” first. After that buy the stuff as you need it.[/quote]

I think I’ll buy the package with 2 extra MAG-10s and 1 Anaconda. This covers 9 fasts if I use 3 scoops of Power Drive instead of 4.[/quote]

I think Chris said in the Live Spill, he prefers 3 scoops of Power Drive

[quote]thoughts1053 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Mod Brian

What about fiber?

I’ve never tried MAG-10 but I know that if I consume too much protein from any source without enough fiber my stomach hates me. I understand that MAG-10 is very pure (for lack of a beter word at the moment) so I’m not sure if the stomach issue would even be a problem with it.

Basically the questions are: Is one day of a liquid diet too short to make this an issue? Would adding Benefiber slow the absorption enough to make the pulse “too ineffective” (define that how you want lol)? [/quote]

Bonez, a similar question was asked in the live spill and here is what Christian and Chris had to say:

[quote]Chris Shugart: mallen5: I’ve thought about that a lot, and I just don’t think it’s necessary. The Pulse Fast (not to get too hippy-dippy with the jargon again) has a detoxing and cleansing effect all by itself. Nothing bad or gross, you’ll just notice that you “clean out” naturally during the day, sort of giving your digestion system time to catch up. Very important I think for the person who normally eats a high-protein diet. This happens without the need for added fiber supplements. Most Pulse Fasters notice an inch or two drop in their belly measurements. Part of this is fat loss and part of this is loss

Chris Shugart: …of “bloat.” [/quote][/quote]

Cool. Thanks for posting that.

I don’t mean to sound retarded but the label on the Anaconda/MAG-10 says 10g protein per scoop when you click on it. Can someone explain? I thought it was 30g Anaconda and 19g MAG-10?

[quote]DeadliftDave wrote:
how many full 36 hour pulses can you get from one MAG-10 Pulse Fast Package?[/quote]

Yeah, I wanted to see an article on that, it seems the package ought to be a balanced set – soe that you get enough of each product for an even number of pulses (rather than 3 with the one, lots left over of the others).

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:
Ive got all this sitting at the house. I will give it a rip tomorrow.

Jason[/quote]

I’m looking forward to more reports and more details, thanks!

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

how many full 36 hour pulses can you get from one MAG-10 Pulse Fast Package?[/quote]

Yeah, I wanted to see an article on that, it seems the package ought to be a balanced set – soe that you get enough of each product for an even number of pulses (rather than 3 with the one, lots left over of the others).
[/quote]

I mean it’s not that big of deal if you really think about it. You can use each product independently. It would be a big waste of money to make different sized containers for the GPC and Power Drive just to make it even out with the MAG-10.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

[/quote]

You can always use the other ingredients on workout days between the pulse days.

I don’t mean to sound retarded but the label on the Anaconda/MAG-10 says 10g protein per scoop when you click on it. Can someone explain? I thought it was 30g Anaconda and 19g MAG-10?[/quote]

I noticed this as well. My Anaconda label states:

(1 scoop)
10g Protein
<1g Carbohydrates
<1g Fat

10 X 4 = 40 Calories (neglecting trace fat and carbs)

But the label says it has 62 calories per scoop.

What? . . . .

I don’t mean to sound retarded but the label on the Anaconda/MAG-10 says 10g protein per scoop when you click on it. Can someone explain? I thought it was 30g Anaconda and 19g MAG-10?[/quote]
I think the label refers to complete proteins while the 30g and 19g also include amino acids which apparently don’t count towards the complete protein count.

Update: woke up today and was 231 lbs, which is 4 lbs lost. I didn’t look any different in the mirror however.

For breakfast today I had skirt steak, rice, and 1 small pita. Peri-workout = FINiBAR, SWF, MAG-10, Anaconda. Post-workout I had French toast with syrup, rye bread, bacon, Denver omelet, and hash browns.

So far, I would say that it is not worth spending the extra cash. But I will see how these next couple of days go with the supposed “anabolic rebound”.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

[/quote]

I mean it’s not that big of deal if you really think about it. You can use each product independently. It would be a big waste of money to make different sized containers for the GPC and Power Drive just to make it even out with the MAG-10. [/quote]

Good point, I was just thinking it would be good to sell more stuff in the first package.

I like the printout, which follows the article summary.

http://www.T-Nation.com/img/photos/special/mag10Pulse/MAG-10PulseFastDL.pdf

All that is missing is:

The kit contains the following bottles

(x) good for three pulses
(y) good for six pulses
(z) good for five pulses

Buy more of individual items as needed to extend the pulses.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

[/quote]

Well it’s pretty easy to figure out if you look at the labels. The MAG-10 gives you 3 “fast” servings per bottle; Power Drive gives you 7 + 3 extra scoops; and GPC gives you 12.

If you buy an extra bottle of MAG-10, you can get 6 fasts or you can spread it out to 7 by using 8 scoops for 3 fasts and 9 for 4.

[quote]cmryan_21 wrote:

I think the label refers to complete proteins while the 30g and 19g also include amino acids which apparently don’t count towards the complete protein count. [/quote]

Both labels say MAG-10 anabolic Pulse 21.55g and protein 10g. So I still don’t understand where 30g and 19g comes from.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

[/quote]

I mean it’s not that big of deal if you really think about it. You can use each product independently. It would be a big waste of money to make different sized containers for the GPC and Power Drive just to make it even out with the MAG-10. [/quote]

Good point, I was just thinking it would be good to sell more stuff in the first package.

I like the printout, which follows the article summary.

http://www.T-Nation.com/img/photos/special/mag10Pulse/MAG-10PulseFastDL.pdf

All that is missing is:

The kit contains the following bottles

(x) good for three pulses
(y) good for six pulses
(z) good for five pulses

Buy more of individual items as needed to extend the pulses.[/quote]

From what I have read the original protocol just used MAG-10. The GPC and Power Drive were added to aid in energy levels and to feel better overall while fasting. So, I would not say they are mandatory. I am going to just order two tubs of MAG-10 and do five 8 pulses and two 10 pulses. You can go as low as 4- 6 daily pulses, of course energy will be lower and training cut back.
I believe that protocol was said to be a fast like any other kind except that it is made for the athlete/weightlifter (it will preserve muscle).

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Update: woke up today and was 231 lbs, which is 4 lbs lost. I didn’t look any different in the mirror however.

For breakfast today I had skirt steak, rice, and 1 small pita. Peri-workout = FINiBAR, SWF, MAG-10, Anaconda. Post-workout I had French toast with syrup, rye bread, bacon, Denver omelet, and hash browns.

So far, I would say that it is not worth spending the extra cash. But I will see how these next couple of days go with the supposed “anabolic rebound”.[/quote]

I had incredibly similar results. 3-4lbs lighter upon waking and not much mirror difference. I was absolutely starving last night before bed and had all sorts of crazy cravings. This morning I ate a lot of junk (bagels, donuts, oatmeal, 2 scoops whey) which is mostly due to being way too hungry. My job might be too stressful for me to enjoy these fasts. I trained about 2pm and it went alright, nothing special. Peri-workout included 3 scoops SWF, 3 scoops MAG-10. The only thing I’ve definitely noticed is how damn hungry I am today.

I don’t think mirror results are going to come over night. I’m sure you guys lost a little measurement around the waist though. I plan on doing the fast at least once a week for the next month or so while eating at maintenance on normal days. We’ll see how this goes. I’ll be taking pictures along the way so if it goes well, I’ll make a thread for it

So this is even bigger than the Anaconda protocol?