T Nation

MAG-10 Pulse Fast is Here

This is a really stupid question. But can someone do this with Grow! lol Im super broke! I mean it is protein lolzz

[quote]Elite0423 wrote:
This is a really stupid question. But can someone do this with Grow! lol Im super broke! I mean it is protein lolzz[/quote]

I’ve tried something similar with Grow! and it just didn’t have the same effect on me.

It seems that the small peptides in MAG-10, and Anaconda, play a big role in why this program works so well.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Read the Livespill to see why Power Drive/Alpha-GPC were included in the fast.

As for me, I’m on pulse #2, nothing to report other than I am FREAKING hungry, lol.[/quote]

Im on #3. Drank a Spike this morning, as I didnt have any Power Drive, and took a HOT-ROX. Sweating like a whore in church for some reason, and that doesn’t usually happen.

Jason

[quote]B rocK wrote:
i like the whole idea. i just can’t justify spending so much money on fasting.

i am interested in seeing how things go in the coming months/years with this. [/quote]

Was thinking the same, but if I take the poor man’s route (7.5 scoops) it works out to $15 a pop. I’m saving $10 on the food I’m not eating, but probably spending an extra couple dollars the next day to shovel in the calories…still seems pretty affordable. I’ve got some bulk DMAE, I think I’ll stick with that and a B complex.

I was toying with the idea of throwing in low-carb control days, but I suspect this will beat the pants off of that even if done less frequently.

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Read the Livespill to see why Power Drive/Alpha-GPC were included in the fast.

As for me, I’m on pulse #2, nothing to report other than I am FREAKING hungry, lol.[/quote]

Im on #3. Drank a Spike this morning, as I didnt have any Power Drive, and took a HOT-ROX. Sweating like a whore in church for some reason, and that doesn’t usually happen.

Jason
[/quote]

You’re likely going to be more sensitive to stimulants and during this program, although I also feel more heat radiating from by body while doing a MAG-10 Pulse Fast.

Just had a thought… How important is it to take the protocol in bursts? Will there be a huge difference if I chug 400 mL every 2 hours vs sip at a rate of ~200 mL per hour?

So I’m about to start my 2nd bottle of the day which has ANACONDA included in it, and I’m gonna be lifting from 5-7pm shortly. Agenda: Front squats (85% x 3 x 6), Back squats (70% x 3 x 6), and a chin-ups + double-unders jump-rope circuit. Maybe some blast-straps push-ups if I feel like it.

Also, I definitely feel hotter as well. I’m guessing that’s the increased metabolic rate, which is a good sign.

Lastly, I’ve noticed that throughout the day there’s periods of hunger, and then it stops. I guess that is glycogen being broken down for energy. And as the day progresses, the feeling of hunger is less and less. Interesting.

Hope my workout doesn’t suck!

[quote]samdan wrote:
Just had a thought… How important is it to take the protocol in bursts? Will there be a huge difference if I chug 400 mL every 2 hours vs sip at a rate of ~200 mL per hour?[/quote]

Do you realize that 400 mL is less 14 ounces?

As a test, I just drank that much in 20 seconds without any fuss.

I’d rather just drink what I need and be done with it for a few hours. Besides, drinking it this way makes you feel like you have something in your stomach.

Agreed with Mod Brian, much better to have 400ml of the pulse and feel like you had a small meal. Also, read the side of the MAG-10 bottle:

“The intended effect of protein pulsing is to produce bursts of high amino-acid levels in the bloodstream, followed by a minimum of two to three hours where amino acids fall to, and remain at, baseline levels. This sensitizes the body’s response to protein and increases protein synthesis, which is essential for building muscle.”

It seems very interesting, I would try this if I had the money. When I get it, I just need to get someone with a paypal account to make my first purchase, since I’m unable to buy it the first time from my card.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Lastly, I’ve noticed that throughout the day there’s periods of hunger, and then it stops. [/quote]

For me this is more an issue of getting used to not having food in my digestive system.

Being busy during the day helps keep your mind off it, however.

Brian do you know if there are any plans to release discount packages that don’t include the NALGENE® Bottle?
It seems a waste building a collection of these bottles when you only need one.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
Brian do you know if there are any plans to release discount packages that don’t include the NALGENEÃ?® Bottle?
It seems a waste building a collection of these bottles when you only need one.[/quote]

I’m not aware of any such plans.

I’d prob try it w/out the Power Drive if the intent of it is making the fast more bearable and improving cognition… mainly b/c I’m broke and also that I’m somewhat used to fasting

Mod Brian

What about fiber?

I’ve never tried MAG-10 but I know that if I consume too much protein from any source without enough fiber my stomach hates me. I understand that MAG-10 is very pure (for lack of a beter word at the moment) so I’m not sure if the stomach issue would even be a problem with it.

Basically the questions are: Is one day of a liquid diet too short to make this an issue? Would adding Benefiber slow the absorption enough to make the pulse “too ineffective” (define that how you want lol)?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Mod Brian

What about fiber?

I’ve never tried MAG-10 but I know that if I consume too much protein from any source without enough fiber my stomach hates me. I understand that MAG-10 is very pure (for lack of a beter word at the moment) so I’m not sure if the stomach issue would even be a problem with it.

Basically the questions are: Is one day of a liquid diet too short to make this an issue? Would adding Benefiber slow the absorption enough to make the pulse “too ineffective” (define that how you want lol)? [/quote]

Bonez, a similar question was asked in the live spill and here is what Christian and Chris had to say:

[quote]Chris Shugart: mallen5: I’ve thought about that a lot, and I just don’t think it’s necessary. The Pulse Fast (not to get too hippy-dippy with the jargon again) has a detoxing and cleansing effect all by itself. Nothing bad or gross, you’ll just notice that you “clean out” naturally during the day, sort of giving your digestion system time to catch up. Very important I think for the person who normally eats a high-protein diet. This happens without the need for added fiber supplements. Most Pulse Fasters notice an inch or two drop in their belly measurements. Part of this is fat loss and part of this is loss

Chris Shugart: …of “bloat.” [/quote]

I believe Thib has said no fiber because it can slow absorption, which defeats the purpose. Also, I am pretty sure you will be able to drink MAG-10 all day and not have any digestive issues. I’m on pulse #9 and this shit is like flavored water, I don’t feel anything in my stomach, it’s definitely not like a scoop of Metabolic Drive or Grow! Whey. My suggestion would to be try it out, but I’m 99% you won’t have stomach problems.

I figured I’d give this a go today. I’m a bit fat right now due to a few injuries sustained while bulking. I usually work out around noon or early afternoon is there any specific reason to work out later in the evening on the pulse fast?

So far things have been great. Woke at 11am (friday is my day to sleep in) and took my first pulse. I took my second pulse before a light training session at 1pm. Box jumps, medicine ball slams, hack squat, one-arm db row, and db bench press were all on the menu. Everything felt solid.

It wasn’t until about 5pm that I felt hungry. I had to make dinner for ten people at my work and I had thawed beef roasts yesterday. After they had been in the oven for an hour and I had whipped up some mashed potatoes the kitchen smelled so good I almost forfeited the whole day. It’s 9:30pm now and I still haven’t quite recovered. Lesson learned: don’t watch people eat beef roast and mashed potatoes on fast day. From now on they’ll be eating eggplant or soys sausages on fast days. We’ll see how the night goes and then it’s heavy training tomorrow and gorgeing on carbs.

Yeah I’m going to bed now. Pulses are done. I’ll see what the next couple days feel like, but as soon as I wake tomorrow it’s Colombian skirt steak, rice and pita bread.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
Brian do you know if there are any plans to release discount packages that don’t include the NALGENEÃ??Ã?® Bottle?
It seems a waste building a collection of these bottles when you only need one.[/quote]

I’m not aware of any such plans.[/quote]

With the prices as they are at this posting, it’s actually cheaper to buy the supps individually (in the same quantities and without the bottle) than it is to buy the package. If you need the bottle, buy the “stack” first. After that buy the stuff as you need it.