MAG-10 Protein for Pulsing

Why do you guys* think that MAG-10 is more effective in building muscle than a “regular” fast acting whey protein? Why would you* recommend me to use MAG-10 for anabolic pulses compared to “regular” bcaa’s/leucine?

Someone please help me get sold on buying MAG-10.

you/you guys=Biotest or anyone sold on the idea of MAG-10*

Well, for ‘building muscle’; that is a wide claim, one that I cannot say MAG-10 is better, nor worse, as it depends on many conditions around ingestion of the protein.

As for pulsing:

You most likely read this thread, if not:

I believe, from my interpretation, that the body actually has receptors in the stomach for di-tri peptides in Casein Hydroslate, so it can facilitate digestion effortlessly, whereas Free-form AA don’t have these receptors.

I beleive my source is the thread above.

Being a broke college student, I can’t really afford 345 a month on supplements. I’m going to use SWF and replace SR with MAG-10 for my peri workout nutrition. MAG-10 will also allow me to pulse throughout the day as well.

Can anyone tell me if the liquid flavoring system comes with the MAG-10 if its purchased as a stand-alone product?

I heard that the flavor comes with every purchase of MAG-10 or Anaconda

The liquid flavoring comes with the MAG-10.

When I ordered the protocol, when I went to checkout I was told to pick the flavorings I wanted.

[quote]Mr.Martian wrote:
Being a broke college student, I can’t really afford 345 a month on supplements. I’m going to use SWF and replace SR with MAG-10 for my peri workout nutrition. MAG-10 will also allow me to pulse throughout the day as well.

Can anyone tell me if the liquid flavoring system comes with the MAG-10 if its purchased as a stand-alone product?[/quote]

You will get the liquid flavoring with MAG-10 and get to choose from 3 flavors.

Nice! Thanks for the info

because hydrolyzed casein is absorbed way faster than whey?

Yeah but the questions as far as pulses was bcass vs. MAG-10 and for workout time hydro whey vs. MAG-10. Sorry for the writing style but yes I understand that MAG-10 has all the aminos neccessary for muscle growth compared to bcaa’s.

You should really check out CT’s pulsing thread for the answer to your post. However, in summary the theory is that hyperaminoacidemia can be induced by ingesting a fast-acting protein with optimum amino spectrum. It is believed hydrolysed casein, or perhaps hydrolysed whey, is that optimum product. This is not to say BCAAs or leucine on its own couldn’t achieve this, only that they are believed to be less optimum.

Like most theories, there are a lot of claims and counter-claims circulating. For example, Layne Norton recently stated that ingesting a fast-acting protein like whey could actualy be counter-productive outside of the workout window.

I’m not sold on the idea of pulsing unless you decrease the frequency of your meals. Because otherwise I don’t think it would work as well as thought.

You can and should still meet your caloric goals/nutrient intake to still make your gains.

If you are familiar with Physics, the reasoning is similar to Faraday’s Law of Induction.

Basically, the time rate of change of the concentration of amino acids in the blood is proportional to how much ‘anabolism’ is induced in the body. So casein hydrolysate, being absorbed very, very quickly, produces a very large spike in the concentration of amino acids in the blood in a very short time period, so the total anabolism induced is greater than whey for example, which may reach the same concentration, but in a much longer time period.

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
Yeah but the questions as far as pulses was bcass vs. MAG-10 and for workout time hydro whey vs. MAG-10. Sorry for the writing style but yes I understand that MAG-10 has all the aminos neccessary for muscle growth compared to bcaa’s.[/quote]

For pulsing you need actual substrate (ie. whey and casein hydro) so using bcaa’s exclusively isn’t quite meeting the definition of pulsing.

For the whey hydro to work you need it to have a high degree of hydrolysis and low molecular weight to be beneficial taken peri workout - it needs to be fast otherwise it’s pointless. Also, the MAG-10 appears to have additional leucine further stimulating mTOR.

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
You should really check out CT’s pulsing thread for the answer to your post.

[/quote]
Where is this thread?
I have been looking for an hour now. I think I’m going crazy.

[quote]silverhydra wrote:

As for pulsing:

You most likely read this thread, if not:

[/quote]

^^look right here