MAG-10 Post WO

Quick question as I’m about to order the 4pack… I see the over emphasis on 1 hour PWO in the article and here on the forum threads. Why not immediately after weight training? Why the wait?

I plan on taking 2 scoops upon waking with coffee preWO, 3 scoops postWO then meal when I get home and another 2 scoops at night.

Goal is weightloss.

If you’re consuming a peri nutrition product during you want to give your blood amino levels time to drop back down.

The peak’s and valleys are what give you the anabolic spikes for building muscle. Since I finish my peri workout about 30 minutes prior to my sessions I pulse MAG-10 about 15-30 minutes post workout.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]BMArias15 wrote:
If weightloss is priority, can’t one just drop the Surge and take the MAG10 immediately postWO?![/quote]

You could to reduce calories, however peri workout ( even Surge ) isn’t the same as drinking a whey shake or eating solid food.

Proper peri nutrition can increase fatloss AND stimulate protein synthesis for muscle growth.

The 3rd law of muscle building gets into this.

Figured i’d move this to keep it all under one thread.

Being that technically MAG-10 and coffee are my periWO nutrition wouldn’t it kinda be the same minus the carbs? Maybe I’m just failing to understand this. I’m creating the spike for the workout and then again at the end. My diet is currently that of HP and LC.

No problem if you want to take it 30 minutes after lifting instead. I believe Shugart does that.

Basically what you are trying to do with the peri workout drink is spike insulin during the workout so your body is shuttling the protein/nutrient rich blood into the muscle. MAG-10, while it will do this to some degree, does not spike insulin like the other products do. It will give results, but the other products here provide better results because of the rapidly absorbing carbs.

Then, 60-90 minutes after your workout is over, and your body has had time to clear the aminos and return to “zero” … You hit it with another spike of protein/nutrients when your muscles are most sensitive (Post workout). In theory, because the spike in amino acids is what is anabolic, you could do this multiple times throughout the day, not just one extra time 60 minutes later.

Coffee isnt really periworkout NUTRITION… Its just a tasty stimulant drink.

Make sure you are drinking some MAG-10 during your workout as well. You could also have a chocolate bar 15 minutes pre-workout to ensure insulin is high to inhibit muscle protein degradation during the workout.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
No problem if you want to take it 30 minutes after lifting instead. I believe Shugart does that.[/quote]

Right, I dont think of it as “60 minutes after the workout” but rather “60 minutes after you finish your intraworkout drink”

You are giving enough time to return to baseline amino levels, and then spike them up again. So if you finish your drink at 11:00, wait until (at least) 12:00 for the next one.

Okay, I see what you’re saying but correct me if I’m wrong. With my goal being purely weightloss and maintaining muscle mass (if I’m lucky gaining some) while getting stronger I figured it would be fine to just keep it specific to the Mag-10. All the preworkout carbs would keep my body from using stored fat as fuel during my workout. the only carbs I get thru out the day are from veggies, other wise it’s meat, animal fats and VCO/EVOO/Nuts.

Yeah man don’t let people push Plazma/Anaconda/whatever on you if you are in a strict fat loss phase. Carbs are optional in that case, all you need is some MAG-10. Your performance in the gym MAY suffer, but it’s only temporary.

BUT… I would still recommend some pre-workout carbs, maybe like a Finibar, cup of oats, or cup of rice, if you still intend to train hard. You seem to have some pretty decent muscle under there so it’s something to consider. And I don’t really buy the argument of burning fat during your workout… there’s certainly a trade-off there, but in the end my opinion is you should always strive to increase performance in the gym, and let your macros do the work the rest of the day.

I want to quickly echo what PB said. You should view your lifting sessions as the time to perform, not burn fat. If you want to burn fat, let the diet and cardio handle that. The lifting sessions should be aimed at maintaining your muscle mass and increasing your performance and for that you need proper fuel.

You said you want to maintain your muscle mass, which means you need to train you butt off when your dieting so your body knows you still need that much muscle even though you are getting less fuel.

I would forget the idea of decreasing the carbs to burn fat during a workout. I used 40g of carbs, or more, during my contest prep and got absolutely peeled… So its not necessary.

Your workout should be viewed as the ONE CHANCE you have during the day to stimulate muscular GAINS. Especially during a diet. Do not diminish it be neglecting the nutrition.

Okay, you boys got me convinced. I took a quick took around the site store and I guess Finibars it is. Everything else is just too dam expensive considering I already am gonna drop the $239 on the MAG-10. I had some SWF laying around a year ago and thru it out because I never used it and it expired. For now I’m going to start with Instant flavored oats(?!?) until I place my order today and receive everything.

I’ve never been one to really buy the Biotest products (besides creatine and MD) but decided to finally give it one shot since right now my job doesn’t allow any free time and I can really dial in on nutrition/training. Everything’s always seemed a little too overhyped and expensive. But here we go…

Cheers
Thx fellas

remember that supplements are there to ‘supplement’ your diet, not take the place of so hype is just perception.

[quote]BMArias15 wrote:
Okay, you boys got me convinced. I took a quick took around the site store and I guess Finibars it is. Everything else is just too dam expensive considering I already am gonna drop the $239 on the MAG-10. I had some SWF laying around a year ago and thru it out because I never used it and it expired. For now I’m going to start with Instant flavored oats(?!?) until I place my order today and receive everything.

I’ve never been one to really buy the Biotest products (besides creatine and MD) but decided to finally give it one shot since right now my job doesn’t allow any free time and I can really dial in on nutrition/training. Everything’s always seemed a little too overhyped and expensive. But here we go…

Cheers
Thx fellas[/quote]

You will really enjoy the MAG-10 + FINiBAR combo. I have been using this along with Anaconda for my peri-workout nutrition and have been blowing past my old lifting numbers.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
I would forget the idea of decreasing the carbs to burn fat during a workout. I used 40g of carbs, or more, during my contest prep and got absolutely peeled… So its not necessary.

Your workout should be viewed as the ONE CHANCE you have during the day to stimulate muscular GAINS. Especially during a diet. Do not diminish it be neglecting the nutrition.[/quote]

Did you use carbs at any other time during the day or only peri-workout?

[quote]TBItruck89 wrote:

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

Your workout should be viewed as the ONE CHANCE you have during the day to stimulate muscular GAINS. Especially during a diet. Do not diminish it be neglecting the nutrition.[/quote]

Did you use carbs at any other time during the day or only peri-workout?[/quote]

Low carb approach with a weekly refeed (one meal, went crazy).

You can see it here: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_indigo_2/lonnie123s_indigo3g_log