T Nation

MAG-10 in Canada and Pulse Fast Question

I’m 10 days into my first V-diet, and already looking ahead to doing a V-Diet Post-Grad in Pulse Fasting.

First things first - are there any Canadians around who can tell me if they were able to get MAG-10 across the border? Judging by what our Customs officers are seizing, you’d think we had the most fit border control officers of all times - if only they knew what they were keeping!

Second things second - I know the protocol has changed since the re-tweaking of the MAG-10 formula, but can someone give me the run-down of what a pulse-fast day would look like? I’m sure it’s on here somewhere, but I’ve dug around and can’t find anything concrete and idiot proof (I am blonde, afterall, and occasionally do act my hair color). Also, if training MWF(S), when would be the best day to do a Pulse Fast?

Thanks for the help!

[quote]accidentalyogi wrote:
I’m 10 days into my first V-diet, and already looking ahead to doing a V-Diet Post-Grad in Pulse Fasting.

First things first - are there any Canadians around who can tell me if they were able to get MAG-10 across the border? Judging by what our Customs officers are seizing, you’d think we had the most fit border control officers of all times - if only they knew what they were keeping!

Second things second - I know the protocol has changed since the re-tweaking of the MAG-10 formula, but can someone give me the run-down of what a pulse-fast day would look like? I’m sure it’s on here somewhere, but I’ve dug around and can’t find anything concrete and idiot proof (I am blonde, afterall, and occasionally do act my hair color). Also, if training MWF(S), when would be the best day to do a Pulse Fast?

Thanks for the help![/quote]

First, there should be no issues with getting MAG-10 to Canada, CT who is one of the top coaches on this site regularly has it shipped to him there as others.

The old articles for the Pulse Fast have been taken down, mostly i think due to the fact that its changed slightly in a few ways. Basically though its kind of hard to screw up(yes, its blondie proof!) Just simply use 8-10 “servings” of the new MAG-10, take a swig, which i think the old article said was 500ml, every 2 hours up until you go to bed. It’s pretty easy the more the better when it comes to MAG-10.

With the old protocol they had you using Alpha-GPC and Power Drive along with it, they have now said that you can simply use Brain Candy in place of both those products, so one serving upon waking of Brain Candy and you should be good to go.

As for the best times with your training schedule? I would say you probably only want to do two pulse fasts a week to start and to make it optimal i would say make them “off” days and then when you train the day after, really cram in a lot of good peri-workout nutrition during that time as your body should be primed to soak up the nutrients and put them to work.

I may not have covered everything, so if you want i would also post this question in the Velocity diet section in the, Ask Chris forum and Chris Shugart i’m sure will have something more official if i haven’t covered things properly. That is if he doesn’t answer your post here.

Hope that helps, good luck with everything.

I have been bringing MAG-10 in to Canada for the past couple of years. No issues. Good luck, the V-diet is ass kicker.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Eazy - Thanks for all the details, too! I’ll be sure to ask Chris for specifics (or keep my fingers crossed they’ll release the new protocol in the next two weeks or so) but it seems pretty straightforward.

Rock on!

Any Canadians in the Durham region area? Might be a good idea to combine orders to cut down on costs. Just putting it out there.

Two provinces, never a problem. probably bought a dozen containers.