mag-10 for beginners

I had a question about mag-10 and beginners. I’m a skinny guy who has’nt worked out for awhile. Should I workout for about a month then use the product or do it right now? The reason for prolonging my training is I play a lot of competitive softball and don’t want to be weak before game time. Any advise would be great!
Thanks
Nachos

softball? are you a woman? women shouldn’t use mag-10 I don’t think.

You don’t work out because you don’t want to be weak before a game? That’s an original! You don’t need Mag10 right now, you need to get your butt into a gym. Mag10 is not a beginner’s easy way out. Check past issues or the FAQ for an appropriate workout. Good luck.

Well as someone who’s had to take long breaks from training over the years, (taking one right now), I’d say wait on the MAG10.

When I’ve been not training for a while, and then jump back into it, my body quickly regains strength and size. It’s like that “muscle memory,” some people talk about.

So why would you want to interfere with this thing your body does on it’s own?

I’d say workout without the MAG until you reach a point where you’re stagnating. Then use the MAG to push it beyond your body’s natural limitations.

Striker wrote:-I’d say workout without the MAG until you reach a point where you’re stagnating. Then use the MAG to push it beyond your body’s natural limitations.

The funny thing is, I have been working out for about 7 years and I have yet to reach my body’s “natural limitations“. It makes me wonder about those who have been working out for all of 2 years at the most and now feel they have reached their genetic potential when it could be as simple as eating more. The “potential” crap seems a little overused and more and more like an excuse to use steroids or anything else other than attempting to work harder. -Professor X

What the Prof said.

This whole idea about someone in this guy’s position using MAG-10 is ridiculous. I hope he does use it, gets popped on a piss test and has to give up softball. It’d serve him right for being so lazy.

When a newbie wants to use Mag-10 why do you guys get all uptight? It’s not like they’re going to use up the last bottle on earth in doing so. Let them use it and maybe see some good gains to get motivated (blah blah blah). In a way it could be a tool to teach correct lifting and eating (when they come back and say “why the hell didn’t it work?”). Just a thought. It’s not doing you any harm.

D Rock wrote: “When a newbie wants to use Mag-10 why do you guys get all uptight?”

The reason is because if you can’t learn how to make yourself grow without the extra “help” you will be lost if you have to do it alone in the future. This is why it would be foolish to start a beginner off on 3 cycles of steroids when they don’t even know how to squat. I don’t know any personal trainers who start beginners off on a list of supplements before they even understand what food can do for them. Most of the people running to use supplements are doing so just so they can avoid doing what they need to do to make themselves grow.

I obviously understand that the proverbial “they” need to learn how to train and eat, etc. But it seems like a lot of you guys get generally pissed off at people that want to use supps right away. That’s all i’m saying. You guys are like 1st grade teacher saying to a student “why the fuck are you picking up a book when you can’t read?!”. This is mainly in response to the “i hope he gets popped by a piss test” or whatever was said.

re:“The “potential” crap seems a little overused and more and more like an excuse to use steroids or anything else other than attempting to work harder.”

If I work “harder” I dont recover, I’m stalled out at 42, my bench is ‘stuck’ at 315 for over a year, and when I do work out, Im just dead tired for days afterwards, and cant get a script for T besides its too expencive, so Mag 10 is a lifesaver.

Professor X you are using YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE as a BLANKET THEORY for everybody.

Everybody is built different, so stop insulting people by dumbing them down because because, “oh, if only they would just eat right, or train right.”

Yeah, if only fat people wouldn’t eat as much, they’d all be able to lose weight forever.

Whatever. Your degree has been REVOKED.

It has been my observation that beginners, which the poster alludes to being, do not need any anabolic androgenic supplementation to make great gains. The use of advanced supplementation is dependent on chronological as well as training age. I don’t know the age of the poster but I am assuming he is at least in his 20’s. However, his training age is zero, or very close to it. Beginners, unlike more advanced lifters, can gain weight, add muscle and lose fat at the same time. The key to doing this is to learn proper technique and nutrition. Taking anabolic supplements may cloud this and have the beginner rely on improper technique and poor nutrition which will cause future gains to be very difficult, if not improbable.

Striker 2002-06-18 16:03:10
Professor X you are using YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE as a BLANKET THEORY for everybody. Everybody is built different, so stop insulting people by dumbing them down because because, “oh, if only they would just eat right, or train right.” Yeah, if only fat people wouldn’t eat as much, they’d all be able to lose weight forever. Whatever. Your degree has been REVOKED.

What the hell are you talking about? I said that many people use “genetic potential” as an excuse to use drugs, did I say that everyone who has ever picked up a weight has great genetics and no one will ever have trouble putting on size? No, I didn’t. Coyote writes that he is 41 years old. Excuse me for not making it clear that MIDDLE AGE is the exception. Who doesn’t know that testosterone starts to decrease between the ages of 25-30? Is every beginner that logs on asking about supplements in their 40’s or 50’s? My degree hasn’t been revoked because of one reason, I think for myself. Everyone speaks from their own experiences. That is all any of these magazines are filled with. Are you telling me that the majority of posters on this site are in their 40’s and 50’s and as such have reached the maximum amount of size that they can ever put on? If you have been lifting for a year, I seriously doubt that you have reached your potential unless you have the genetics of the average captain of the Chess Club. Again. I would not recommend that beginners jump on supplements before they understand their own bodies enough to see growth without them. Striker, you have yet to point out specifically what you found so wrong in what I wrote.

Here’s my reasoning:

There is NO good reason for a beginner to use any sort of androgen at all. The only possible justification is: I want it and I want it NOW. That’s the first point.

The second point is that there are some very good reasons for NOT using androgens until you’ve got a good experience and<,/i> age base under your belt. Aside from possible health complications (and I said “possible”, not “You’re gonna die if you take steroids!!!”, so don’t tell me I’m blowing things out of proportion), using androgens will in all likelihood reward you for less than optimal training. I other words, even if you don’t do much right in the gym or during meals, you’ll still get bigger and/or stronger. So you rob yourself of learning what does or doesn’t work for you.

I will freely admit that the gimme-it-now attitude pisses me off. But beyond that, I honestly think it’s a shame that these guys who don’t know jack about training or nutrition short-change themselves by taking androgenic performance enhancers well before the time when they might really be needed.

“Nachos” here obviously doesn’t know much about the iron game. He’s also obviously been lured in by the hype surrounding MAG-10. (Ever notice how no one ever writes in and says, “I’m a beginner, what do you think about my doing a cycle of Methoxy?”) IMHO, he has no business using MAG-10 or any high-tech supp until he’s more thoroughly explored what regular training and supplementation can do for him.

Finally, your analogy about book reading was totally off-base. A more accurate one would be, “Hey, why learn to read for yourself when for just a little money this other guy will do it for you?” You can see (I hope) that with an attitude like that the person will never learn how to read on his own. But if he just puts the time in and does it himself, he will eventually learn. It will be harder at first, but more rewarding in the long run.

Points taken.

The “potential” crap seems a little overused >and more and more like an excuse to use >steroids or anything else other than >attempting to work harder.

Is that blanket statement SPECIFIC enough for you? I’d say your negative assumptions and implied language are more than enough.

1. Questioning other people’s work ethic
  2. Accusing them of excuses

If you want SPECIFICS, who all SPECIFICALLY have you run across that didn’t want to bust their ass to get bigger?

Striker 2002-06-19 19:59:00

The “potential” crap seems a little overused >and more and more like an excuse to use >steroids or anything else other than >attempting to work harder. Is that blanket statement SPECIFIC enough for you? I’d say your negative assumptions and implied language are more than enough. 1) Questioning other people’s work ethic 2) Accusing them of excuses If you want SPECIFICS, who all SPECIFICALLY have you run across that didn’t want to bust their ass to get bigger?

You have issues but I will definitely oblige. Do you honestly believe that every beginner who logs in and says, “hey, I just started lifting weights three days ago, how much Mag 10 should I buy and is three buckets of creatine enough or should I add some NitroTech, andro and Tribulus?” is prepared to work hard or even knows how to work at all? This whole post has been about beginners using supplements before they are ready yet, for some reason, you seem bent on trying damn hard to find something wrong in what I wrote. I have been a personal trainer and for all intensive purposes, though I don’t do it anymore except for friends and fraternity members, I still am one. I have worked at supplement stores and dealt with people on a regular basis and feel I can speak on the average mentality of the beginner because, damn it, I used to be one. I remember running to the store for smilax and also spending a grip on Cybergenics when it first came out while not understanding that I would have grown so much more if I had simply understood how important food is. Was it because I was avoiding hard work specifically? No, but it was because I did not have the guidance to understand that you build a base first, a base of knowledge and of mass before you try to get fancy with it. Now, you can get any information needed in just a few clicks on the internet yet you still see the same thing. If someone has not been lifting long and doesn’t even understand what a calorie is, are you really telling me that the best thing for this person is to jump on every supplement available without learning how to grow first? Get real and find a better argument because if you haven’t noticed, you are losing this one. If the best you can do is to pick out lines out of entire post in a broad effort to try to make it seem as if my point isn’t clear, you may need to just read from now on. My opinion on many lifters who use juice is they do so under the mentality that they have reached their genetic potential. Unless this person has been lifting for YEARS, there is little doubt in my mind that most people can make progress long after 2,3,4, or 5 years of training have passed which means those that use this excuse when they have been lifting for less than half a decade are lying to themselves. Unless you have very bad genetics, and I am talking no chance of ever having anyone mistake you for a bodybuilder or even someone who lifts weights, I believe that most people can make much more progress than they “think” they can. Care to run this into the ground in an attempt to make it seem as if I didn’t make my point clear?----Professor X

To D Rock: Thank you, and sorry for the out-of-control italics on that last post.

To Striker: I feel that you’re being a bit unfair to the Prof here. It’s obvious that Nachos isn’t working very hard. He himself says that he hasn’t worked out in a while, yet he wants to do MAG-10. And as has been pointed out on numerous threads here by many people, most folks simply don’t want to put in the necessary effort to get a nice body. They’d rather take some miracle supp and hope for some magical transformation - as seems to be happening here.

Hell, if you need any more proof, just look at all the infomercial crap that’s being sold on TV as the result of nothing more than capitalizing on people’s desire to “have fantastic abs in only 37 seconds a lifetime!” Lazy? You bet.

Professor X I think you are actually getting off here.

You know, I once had this girl tell me how she was an expert on music because she worked in the Best Buys music section.

hahahaha

ProfessorX, I really like you, good show. :slight_smile:

You know the reason I am not arguing with you is because you have already made my argument for me.

Listen, you have agreed with everything I’ve said. But your whole counter was unnecessary, and was more bent on presenting your credentials as someone who has the right to make a point, rathar than actually making one.

I agreed with most of what you said. Your presentation is obnoxious, though, the bold highlights and literal quotes make it quite anal, it makes you look like a target, and somebody that has something to prove.

Here, I’m going to clear up my first post so it earns your seal of approval. hahahaa

"Then use the MAG to push it beyond your body’s natural limitations. But keep in mind that you may not reach these limitations until you’ve been lifting for many, many years. "

Striker out