T Nation

Mag-10 and Lactose Intolerance

Anyone with lactose intolerance able to take Mag-10?

thanks

No lactose intolerance for me as far as I know, but I do have a GI issue that prevents me from eating certain things(coffee, whey protein, etc) and I take Mag-10 anytime I work out(2-3/week). I have no issues digesting this. Not sure how much lactose is in this though.

Depending on how sensitive you are to lactose I would contact Biotest to see if they have that information. Otherwise, it’s anecdotal evidence as well as trial and error.

If anyone has this specific info I’d really love to know. It’ll be useful if I ever refer anyone to use this.

Thanks. Good to know. I can’t take what you mentioned either. Especially coffee.

The vast majority of people, including those with lactose issues, don’t have any problems with Mag-10.

But you’re always welcome to ask on the Biotest forums, as well.

If the label is accurate, Mag-10 does not have lactose. If the label is correct it also does not have any polypeptides large enough to provoke sensitivity.

As for me, I believe that I am sensitive to large milk proteins and or lactose. I gave up milk products to avoid night time sinus inflammation and it worked. I have to drop casien and whey products which cause the same problem but Mag-10 (and Plazma) doesn’t cause any issue at all. The label claims that it includes di- and tri-peptides and implies that it is completely hydrolyzed down to that level unlike most hydrolysates which are only partially hydrolized. It would be nice to confirm this since it would help tell me for sure whether I have a protein sensitivity or lactose intolerance but at any rate, it doesn’t cause an iota of the response that I get from mil or partially hydrolyzed whey and casien.

Just curious, where does it say it’s lactose-free? I see where it says it contains milk ingredients but nothing specific to lactose.

Edit: Just did a search in the biotest forum and came up with this thread first thing(https://biotest-forums.t-nation.com/t/mag-10-or-plazma-okay-for-lactose-intolerant-individuals/4820). I think that answers my question if the formula has remained the same.

It doesn’t say that it is lactose free, but the list of ingredients contains no ingredient that contains lactose. If the label is accurate there is simply nothing in the list that could have lactose in it because the ingredients are listed down to the level of individual compounds.