MAG-10 Advice?

I’ve been doing TBT for about 9 weeks and I’m starting the lift a day program. I took a week off in between. My question is I have a couple of bottles of MAG-10 Legacy and was wondering what workout, diet etc… I did a search on the site but only came up with the older articles. I’m trying to put on about 5-7 lbs by summer.

I’ve been training about 3 years now.
I started at 160lbs and I’m 185lbs at about 10% bf now (I’m 6’ tall). My diet is fairly good. I get about 230grams of protein a day, about 300grams of carbs and fat intake varies day to day. I use Low-Carb Grow! and Surge for Supps.

My stats are:
DL 350’s
Squat 235
Bench bw
Nothing impressive but I’ve only been doing them about a year now.
Any advice would be extremely appreciated.
thanks
GZ

Diet: try Massive Eating
workout: TBT is great or any of the other CW workouts. I have an excel spreadsheet with all of them if you PM me with your email addy.

Work on those squats, hit those legs hard. If you are using a leg press machine, STOP and start squattin.

Strongman
I’ll pm with my info.
thanks for the advice
GZ

Take the maximum dose on the bottle. I have read from people that are taking 1 or 2 a day so they can save them and make them last longer. Then they want to bitch about it not doing anyting. DUH! You can have your MAG-10 or you can use it. If you are going to use it - then use it.

Better Living Through Chemistry!

I’m just finishing a three week double dose six in the morning, six in the evening,MAG-10 cycle and consider it a success as far as strength and weight gain.

I’m planning on posting some pics at the end of this week with stats If I can get to it. I agree with RoadWarrior if you’re gonna do it, do it all the way!

Sorry for the hijack -

Does anyone have any experience with using MAG-10 after a cycle of AAS?

I’m wondering if MAG-10 will help preserve the gains made on cycle. I know that MAG-10 is supposed to be used for bulking, but I’ve seen it used to maintain mass while hypo-caloric(cutting).

Just wondering.

End hijack.

A couple of thoughts, gzafer:

When on MAG-10 you need to get at LEAST LBM x 2g of protein. Your daily protein intake should be about 333g of protein per day. Pick up your protein when “on.”

As far as carbs go, you should be taking in at least 2 x TBW. Make sure you’re meeting that number. You’re going to have to eat higher glycemic carbs; brown rice, yams, pasta and even bread. Green veggies are too high in fiber and too filling. Switch back to green veggie carbs on your “off” weeks.

Fat. Keep it as low as possible when you’re on, but make sure you’re meeting your EFA requirements; i.e., fish oil and/or flaxseed oil. You want to keep fat down any time you’re taking in higher glycemic carbs.

Recalculate your numbers every week, since BW should be going up quickly. Do no diet when you completely end your MAG-10 cycle. Let your body stabilize at maintenance for at least a month.

Thanks Terry
The diet was what I was most concerned with. I eat about 5 times a day at roughly 45g protein\60g carbs. I’ll up that to 6 times a day 55g protein\65g carbs for the 1st week then recalculate from there.

Can I do 3 solid meals and 3 Grow! shakes?
I usually have benefiber in my nightly shake, is that still alright?
As far as fish oil, what do you recommend for dosage?
Half serving of Surge during workout and half after still apply?
thanks
GZ

Yes, you can do 3 solid meals and 3 Grow! shakes when push comes to shove. Real food is always better. Something that’s just as fast as a Grow! shake is a high-quality deli meat like Boar’s Head. .30 pounds of roast beef gives me 33.6g of protein, and it’s fast to eat.

I’m really happy to see you picking up your protein intake and adding in another meal. Along those lines, if you get up in the middle of the night to hit the restroom, use it as an opportunity to get in another snack/meal. The “trick” is to drink one or two large glasses of water right before you go to bed. I promise you’ll get up in the middle of the night. (grin)

So what I’m recommending is about 50g of protein per meal and another meal/snack with ~30g of protein.

Benefiber is good, bulking or cutting!

John Berardi recommends 6-10g of EPA/DHA. I hate taking a bunch of capsules, so I use the liquid. Anything around 3-6g as a minimum would be fine. I use Health from the Sun from iHerb.com. It runs me around $5-$6 a bottle after I add in my discount.

What you’re doing with Surge is perfect. Make sure you’re maxing out your starchy carbs in the two meals following your workout. Oatmeal, sweet potatoes, rice, pasta.

Keep a food log, or at least keep track of what you’re eating so that you know you’re hitting your numbers. Make your MAG-10 count!

Limit your cardio while bulking.

If I missed anything or you have anymore questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

I’ll definitely try the water trick before bed. Which should work as I am not so great sleeper to begin with.

For fish oil timing, is it better to space them over a few meals thoughout the day or with my last meal or shake? I’ve seen varying opinions.

I was going to do TBT again. Should I workout every other day or mon-wed-fri?

thanks again
GZ

That reminds me. Take your ZMA before bed. It’s cheap, it will help you sleep, and most athletes are deficient in zinc and magnesium.

I’ve seen PRFERENCES for timing re the fish oil, but no science that supports one approach over the other. It’s probably not that big a deal either way.

As far as workouts go, just make sure you’re doing as many compound, multi-joint exercises as you can. Push/pull heavy weight. Bust your butt. Your recovery is going to be enhanced. Chad Waterbury’s programs are awesome. But since he knows the intricacies of his different programs, why don’t you ask him? Send him a PM, and ask him if he’ll stop by with his thoughts/recommendations.

gzafer,

If you are embarking upon a MAG-10 cycle, don’t repeat the TBT program just yet. TBT is awesome, but given the fact that you just finished 9 weeks of it, you’d be better off switching programs. Instead, I’d recommend my Waterbury Method or Quattro Dynamo. Each of these programs will induce huge gains if you follow the nutritional advice that TT so eloquently laid out. Be sure to take the maximum dose of MAG-10.

Thanks Chad
I’m going to try the Waterbury Method for this cycle.
One last question. I have 1.5 weeks left of the lift a day before I start Mag-10. Should I take a week off in between or just go right into it?
Keep up the great work.
thanks again
GZ

gzafer, I’m not Chad, as we both know, (grin), but if you haven’t had a week off in a while, my vote goes for taking that break. One of the concepts of a program called HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) is starting the program in a deconditioned state. Rest up your tendons, ligaments and joints and hit it hard. Use the week to plan out the details of your diet and program.

BTW, I have Chad’s QD program in an Excel, Word or PDF format. If you send me a PM with your email and the format you prefer, I’ll send it to you.

Thanks Terry. Will do.
GZ