T Nation

Mafia And Gyms

It seems that all the gyms I’ve been to, except the YMCA, of course, are all owned by Italians here in Connecticut. I know the mafia is big in the trash business here, and am beginning to wonder if the mafia are involved in owning the gym businesses here in Connecticut too. Most the people who work at my gym are Italian too besides the owners. Just wonder what anyone thought. Is the mafia really big into wning gyms here or just a coincidence?

I can’t answer that question but I would advise to stay out of the gym on the 16th.

Theres no such thing as the mafia.

Unless they jack up the price or whack people doing curls at the squat rack,why would it bother you?

The mafia strikes me as an organisation with a view for profits.

If gyms make profit, then I suppose its a possibility.

I have no idea of the cultural mix wherever you are, but that may explain the italians in the gym.

By the way, since when are all italians deemed mafioso?

Someone is missing the Sopranos

Yes, and Tony over there in the corner doing curls is part of the 22 hitters. Don’t forget to pay your dues, or next time you come in you’ll be capeesh in the dumpster in the back.

It’s Connecticut, what do you expect there is a lot of Italians, so it be obvious that a lot of Italians would own a lot of business’ there. That’s like assuming the KKK must be into the burger joints in Kentucky because they are all owned by white people.

I’d be more concerned about that guy in your avatar who is obviously starving. Is there a website or something where I can donate a cheeseburger?

I wouldn’t worry about the mafia taking over the gyms in Connecticut. They would never venture into Solntsevskaya Bratva territory.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
I’d be more concerned about that guy in your avatar who is obviously starving. Is there a website or something where I can donate a cheeseburger?[/quote]

Better make it 2 cheeseburgers, fries and the extra chocolate shake.

Most gyms are owned and operated by the trilateral commission, of which the bilderbergers and la cosa nostra (that’s Italian for MAFIA) are founding members

I believe they paid a $99 signup fee then $1 per month for life

pretty sweet deal if you have the right connections

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Rocky101 wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
I’d be more concerned about that guy in your avatar who is obviously starving. Is there a website or something where I can donate a cheeseburger?

Better make it 2 cheeseburgers, fries and the extra chocolate shake.

[/quote]

My first thought was that avatar is painful to look at.

[quote]Razorslim wrote:
Most gyms are owned and operated by the trilateral commission, of which the bilderbergers and la cosa nostra (that’s Italian for MAFIA) are founding members

I believe they paid a $99 signup fee then $1 per month for life

pretty sweet deal if you have the right connections[/quote]

Bilderburgers are no joke. Damn NWO bastards own you and you dont even know it…

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
I wouldn’t worry about the mafia taking over the gyms in Connecticut. They would never venture into Solntsevskaya Bratva territory.[/quote]

Ive seen that documentary on the History Channel. Apparently Italians have a sense of Honor and the Russians don’t. Id be more concern about the pinkos.

The Mafia isn’t real.

It does not sound like a big cash business. Car washes are excellent for changing illegal money into a legitimate currency.

And burger joints

Italians, New England and bodybuilding. Sounds like the norm to me.

My dad used to work out in the same gym as some mafia mobsters. He worked as basically the universal protection agency in Ukraine. He mostly did bodyguard stuff. I would be freaked out to work out in the same gym as people who you are paid to protect others from.