T Nation

Made These Pancakes Yesterday

I made these yesterday and threw together a video about them. Calories are listed at the end of the video. Of course, share any personal pancake recipe you might have.

lol, Cool man, thanks for the recipe.

No problem! Since you got a kick out the video, have you seen the other recipe vids I have out?

Dude, you made pancakes. With pancake mix. Congrats, you're at least as capable as a 12 year old.

actually. no... even 12 year olds know to put the cinnamon IN the batter

^ Masterhater.

The cool thing is that I get so many more positive responses than negative responses on these videos. Although you may know how to make egg/oat pancakes, many people do not. I am aiming to help the people that do not, plain and simple.

If you're just looking to be negative, that's really a shame.

lol i was joking

nice, try these out 2020.

1 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup vanilla protein powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 packet splenda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oat flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon macadamia nut or coconut oil
1 cup plain yogurt
2 eggs
Option: You can use Almond milk to get a more liquid consistency if you so wish. I wish, so that's what I did.

Combine flax seed meal, protein powder, baking soda, splenda, salt, oat flour and cinnamon in a big bowl and stir together.
Heat the oil in a griddle/skillet over medium-high heat. While it heats, whisk together the eggs/yogurt into the mixture.
Pour/wipe excess oil out of the pain when it is ready to go.
Make your basic pancakes with the mixture; you can make one big one in the skillet, or just use 1/4 cup measurer. Cook the first side for about a minute or until it starts to dry, and then cook the other side for 30-60 sec.

I loove crepes. I love them soo much I often crave for them. I like the simple spreads such as strawberry jam and lemon and sugar. And I love them so much I refuse to eat any imitations. I once made almond flour pancakes, and they tasted terrible. I rather just eat the real thing, but limit myself to 2 of them once a week on a cheat day, or on a day where I will do vast amounts of cardio.

No, dude, you're just on here to get people to click on your "recipes." You know full well that people on here are entirely capable of making f***ing pancakes.

So, kindly try to make posts that contribute to the forum, not doing self-promotional bullcrap.

All the best,

If you notice, there are people benefitting from this thread. Aside from you bringing the negativity in, it's been all good. I live the bodybuilding lifestyle day in and day out, and it's also my career choice to present beneficial information to interested people. You see, when you're passionate about something, you want to spread that passion to as many people as possible. If I can do that, plus personally benefit from it, why would I not do that? I'd be stupid not to. If you've got a problem with that, I simply suggest avoiding my topics. It's pretty easy really....just don't click on anything that says '2020wellness.'

All in all though, thanks for contributing and giving me a reason to explain what I do.

PS, not all recipes consist of large amounts of ingredients. I prefer to put simple and convenient recipes out there. A recipe is a recipe, no matter how complex or simple.

Pretty hard to tell when you're quoting a dickish comment without any sign of sarcasm. Ya know? No biggie I guess.

throw up a low/zero carb next time and i'll be more respectful :wink:

You afraid of carbs?

I've got some good low carb stuff that I occasionally eat. I'm definitely against keto type diets though....just not necessary for any goal.

afraid? psssshhhh only monday to saturday

there are more than a few well respected posters around here who would disagree with you on that...

I welcome their debate :slight_smile:

I know Marc Lobliner makes carb-free "pancakes", and has a pretty good collection of online videos from his various preps over the years.

Personally, if I'm eating pancakes, I'm not trying to make 'em "healthy", I'm enjoying them.

Let me just say as a food obsessed SFFFB ( slightly fat former fat boy ) that if you're making pancakes, especially ones with pre-mix do not, I repeat do not touch the pancake more than once to flip it or remove from the griddle.

Way to ruin the fluffyness that should be pancake!

Ha, good advice. The thing about these though is that the amount of actual mix in them is SMALL. If you noticed, I used 30g only. I like the density of these, like a soft cookie.

I enjoyed your post though, good stuff.