T Nation

Made Me Laugh

Someone sent this to me during the holidays. It sure made me chuckle! My apologies if this has been posted before.

Happy 2007!
Micki

Well you wouldn’t want to get tired before you workout. That would be counter-productive… :slight_smile:

Yea, it’s been posted before, but it’s still funny to look at. What’s really pathetic is that the escaltors aren’t for handicapped or disabled people, they are there strictly for lazy, totally mobile people.

Something tells me that’s probably in L.A. CA…

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
Something tells me that’s probably in L.A. CA…[/quote]

I would not be surprised if that’s where it is. Seems like California logic in action to me.

I thought this was too good not have been posted before.

BigRagoo, I had the same thought about it not having a handicap access, but maybe that part is out of the shot, and is quite grand! The absurd thing is that it doesn’t go very high. What was the bloody point, besides out-poshing the competition on curb appeal?

True lostinthought - California - most likely! Has anyone out there actually seen this place in real life?

I thought the only thing that would make this even remotely plausible is the whole thing having a surprise design: Plexiglas sides where you could view the ‘cardio bunny’ keeping each side running. :wink:

M

I did some checking online and found out this is the 24-hour Fitness in San Diego. I guess the place is in a strip mall on an elevated site from the parking lot and caters to a lot of different businesses. There are actually three sets of escalators up to the building, and one just happens to be in front of the 24-hour Fitness.

The funny part about the picture is the people on the escalator appear to be going to work out based on their clothing.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
I did some checking online and found out this is the 24-hour Fitness in San Diego. I guess the place is in a strip mall on an elevated site from the parking lot and caters to a lot of different businesses. There are actually three sets of escalators up to the building, and one just happens to be in front of the 24-hour Fitness.

The funny part about the picture is the people on the escalator appear to be going to work out based on their clothing.[/quote]

Well it makes more sense if it is part of a strip mall or gallery instead of just a gym.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
I did some checking online and found out this is the 24-hour Fitness in San Diego. I guess the place is in a strip mall on an elevated site from the parking lot and caters to a lot of different businesses. There are actually three sets of escalators up to the building, and one just happens to be in front of the 24-hour Fitness.

The funny part about the picture is the people on the escalator appear to be going to work out based on their clothing.

Well it makes more sense if it is part of a strip mall or gallery instead of just a gym.
[/quote]

After re-reading my post I didn’t realize it but I sucked all the fun out of the thread.

Shame on me.