'Mad Men': I'm Hooked

I don’t like the Joan is getting married story line. I want to see more of Joan in her underwear at a hotel somewhere. I like the sexy Joan not the “button up your blouse your cleavage is showing you whore” Joan.

In early late July my girlfriend and I watched the first episode of the first season on AMC (not HBO) On Demand. We both thought the sets and setting were very cool - highlighting styles and bad habits of the era - and the characters were complex. A week later we watched episode 2 with the same interest. The following week we watched episode 3 and figured out that it was the last night to watch any of the first season on On Demand. We haven’t watched it since.

I didn’t know AMC was putting together such high quality stuff.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
And Peggy…(Don’s ex secretary whom he promoted to a copywriter, and who had the baby by Pete).

They are going SOMEWHERE with this character.

Feminist?

Shrewd Executive?

Hippy/Counterculture?

Other?

She is relatively “quiet” now; but you can tell that internally she is fighting against the “status quo”. (Did you see Don’s face when she called him “Don”; and not “Mr. Draper”?)

What do you guys think?

Mufasa[/quote]

She’s definitely gotten a lot more screen time this season…I’m not really a big fan of hers…it’s still interesting…but I need more of Don’s shenanigans.

There’s tons of stuff out there about the show where they do like critical analysis of what you were watching, but had no idea…I’ll post the link if I get a chance.

That would be cool!

There is a LOT the writers can do in terms of character development (or Self-Destruction, in Don’s Case) as American Society around these guys changes.

Mufasa

That would be cool, Say!

There is a LOT the writers can do in terms of character development (or Self-Destruction, in Don’s Case) as American Society around these guys changes.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
That would be cool, Say!

Mufasa[/quote]

Ok, I downloaded a whole season…

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
That would be cool, Say!

[/quote]

Don’t be so formal…call me Sen.

I can’t find the one I was reading yesterday, but this one’s supposed to be good…the other one I had talked about how last Sunday’s episode was all about forgiveness and had like all these cool things you (at least I) never noticed…I’ll see if I can find it tomorrow when I’m back at work and have more time…

http://www.lippsisters.com/

Last season there was a scene where Joan’s (redhead) roommate admitted that she was in love with her. Then Joan doesn’t get mad or anything instead they go out and hook up with a couple of loser guys. The writers could have taken Jaon in a lesbo direction. They just sort of left that hangin out there. Will they pick up that thread? I sure hope so.

Cool!

My I shamelessly plug " The Middleman" ?

Damn!

Great Show!

I don’t know what the Producers plans are, but there is EASILY 4-5 more years of possible material as these characters respond to a quickly changing world around them.

It is now 1962, and most of the characters seem stuck in about 1958 or so.

Can you imagine them in 1968 or 1969?

Should be a fun ride!

Mufasa

Great, great show. I don’t like 99% of what is shown on TV but this is a definite exception.

Last night’s episode was really good. Best one this year.

It’s a killer show. I’m all caught up now…and enjoying it a lot.

I’ve never actually watched this show as I don’t do very much tv. But I think I may have watched a few minutes a while back. Is this the show where the main character (looked like him) invited the guy with white hair (far left in the pic) over for dinner? And the old guy had the hots for the wife?

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
I’ve never actually watched this show as I don’t do very much tv. But I think I may have watched a few minutes a while back. Is this the show where the main character (looked like him) invited the guy with white hair (far left in the pic) over for dinner? And the old guy had the hots for the wife? [/quote]

yes.