Mad Men Extra Casting Call!

[quote]Haavik wrote:

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve only ever seen 3 episodes, and although I’m confused as to the main male character’s real identity, I found it very entertaining on various levels.
Myself, having worked in the advertising field since the 80’s, found it cool that the show takes place in an ad agency from the late 50’s.

[/quote]

The main Character, Don Draper…stole his identity from a fallen soldier I believe.

I watched a good ten episodes when it first came out, and I was hooked. America loves and romanticizes the 50’s era quite a bit, this show kind of brings the grit to it. It’s a bit over the top obviously, it is a TV show…but I’m just happy it’s not all squeaky clean peachy keen.

Keep the votes coming everyone! I am perennially thankful :slight_smile:

A CLICK IS A VOTE:http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EGYB1Y
[/quote]

Wow, next time try warning about spoilers. [/quote]

Oh Shizzzz, sorry haavik…don’t know why I assumed everyone would be up to speed, think it was outed last season, I’ll try and edit! Still vote for me? lol

okay 809 now you are welcome

[quote]Haavik wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve only ever seen 3 episodes, and although I’m confused as to the main male character’s real identity, I found it very entertaining on various levels.
Myself, having worked in the advertising field since the 80’s, found it cool that the show takes place in an ad agency from the late 50’s.

[/quote]

The main Character, Don Draper…stole his identity from a fallen soldier I believe.

I watched a good ten episodes when it first came out, and I was hooked. America loves and romanticizes the 50’s era quite a bit, this show kind of brings the grit to it. It’s a bit over the top obviously, it is a TV show…but I’m just happy it’s not all squeaky clean peachy keen.

[/quote]

Oh Shizzzz, sorry haavik…don’t know why I assumed everyone would be up to speed, think it was outed last season, I’ll try and edit! Still vote for me? lol
[/quote]

It’s alright. I’m actually just starting to watch the show, and I’m on episode 4 so far. From what I’ve seen so far, though, you’d fit right in on the show.

[quote]Haavik wrote:

[quote]Haavik wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It’s alright. I’m actually just starting to watch the show, and I’m on episode 4 so far. From what I’ve seen so far, though, you’d fit right in on the show.[/quote]

Thanks, I edited in the spoiler alert…loud and clear!

and thanks again efuchs :slight_smile:

I’ll be making a youtube this weekend, hopefully that will generate some interest. I have no idea how I’m gonna make up so much ground, but it ain’t over 'til its over!

Just thought I’d bring Joan along today to remind you to vote for me ;o)

I love Christina Hendrix, first saw her on FIREFLY, don’t know if there are any firefly/joss whedon fans…but she was one seductive bad girl (who ended up trapped in a trash bin lol)

Click Me baby:

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EGYB1Y

[quote]binky wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Oh hell yes!

What I am trying to say is, I might vote for you and you are kind of not completely unattractive in your 50s costume and all…

Ahem…

[/quote]

Well then I WON’T say THANK YOU very much kind sir :o)

Also, it’s not a costume, I actually dress this way on a regualar basis lol… The dress was in my wardrobe along with many others of it’s kind.
[/quote]

See, thats the kind of information the judges should know. voted again…
[/quote]

Thanks Binky! The judges won’t even see me at all unless I make the top ten highest voted on women. Popular vote is tough that way…I’m pretty sure some of those top tier 80, 000+ voted on people busted out a checkbook.
[/quote]

Looks like you’re up against friend-bots. Who knows, the judges might browse the other contestants for the real talent. :slight_smile:

I love Christina Hendrix, first saw her on FIREFLY, don’t know if there are any firefly/joss whedon fans…but she was one seductive bad girl (who ended up trapped in a trash bin lol)

Click Me baby:

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EGYB1Y[/quote]

Saffron.

Yup, I was haöfway through season two before it finally klicked.

The had a casting contest not too long ago.

[quote]binky wrote:

[quote]binky wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Oh hell yes!

What I am trying to say is, I might vote for you and you are kind of not completely unattractive in your 50s costume and all…

Ahem…

[/quote]

Well then I WON’T say THANK YOU very much kind sir :o)

Also, it’s not a costume, I actually dress this way on a regualar basis lol… The dress was in my wardrobe along with many others of it’s kind.
[/quote]

See, thats the kind of information the judges should know. voted again…
[/quote]

Thanks Binky! The judges won’t even see me at all unless I make the top ten highest voted on women. Popular vote is tough that way…I’m pretty sure some of those top tier 80, 000+ voted on people busted out a checkbook.
[/quote]

Looks like you’re up against friend-bots. Who knows, the judges might browse the other contestants for the real talent. :)[/quote]

It’s quite possible Binky…119,000 votes divided by the 21 days the contest has been running is close to 6000 votes PER DAY every day since day one. There are at least 5 in the top ten hovering around that marker. Hard to contend with! I’m just doing my utmost and best to keep at it, you never know…and I may have a few tricks up my sleeve, of course perfectly legitimate ones. ;o) Thanks again for voting and your attention and support!

(If they would have limited it to 1 vote per person ever, and required an entering of a captcha to cast that vote, it would have greatly reduced frustration and ‘crooked’ participation.)

[quote]orion wrote:

Click Me baby:

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EGYB1Y[/quote]

Saffron.

Yup, I was ha�¶fway through season two before it finally klicked.

[/quote]

Yup, her! She of many names and husbands lol I think being so well endowed must completely eliminate her from playing a ‘good girl’ of any kind, she’s always a vixen!

Done (for today)

Good luck, Jill!

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Done (for today)

Good luck, Jill![/quote]

thanks hungry :slight_smile: they say those born year of the tiger are lucky, I could use a truckload right about now lol

Thought I’d post a couple more pics from the shoot that day, although calling it a ‘shoot’ is more than a little far fetched, it was just a friend with a digital cam and an old railroad station.

and of course the link once again:

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EGYB1Y

Thanks again everyone for taking the time :slight_smile:

‘poser’

Last train to Clarksville, and last pic of shameless promotion.

You’re at 1,001!

Voted

1006… We need moar!

[quote]espenl wrote:
1006… We need moar![/quote]

My sentiments exactly. Thanks for voting espenl :slight_smile:

voted.

shameless promotion is encouraged!

Last train to Clarksville, and last pic of shameless promotion.[/quote]

Wow.