Macros and Hitting the 5k

Hey Guys,

So recently I’ve bumped my daily caloric intake up to 4k-5k range.
Yesterday I was about to take in roughly 4600 calories. When i went home to lift i was like a madman possesed. I added 10 lbs to 4 of my sets and 5 lbs to one of my sets. I came out of the gym and hour and a half later just dripping sweat. I FELT SO PUMPED with energy.

Anyways im 6’0" 165.

My macro is looking something close to 35-60-5 though (very unbalanced i think).
~300g protein ~550g carbs ~50g fat(very very low :frowning: )

I’m on the mass XXX weight gainer from GNC. It’s almost all carbs and no fat. I drink 3 of those shakes a day to keep my calorie count high.

I just wanted to get opinions on how i can improve this macro to more of a even 40-40-20 while still hitting 5k in calories a day.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rich

put olive and fish oil in your shakes

you realize that fats have more cals than carbs right? So substitute fats for carbs and you will easily hit 5k.

[quote]allNatural wrote:
put olive and fish oil in your shakes[/quote]

Yuck, i was thinking about switching to a higher calorie, lower carb weight gainer so i’ll have a little more room in my stomach for fatty substances.

I’ll give the olive oil a try though.

[quote]Rijati wrote:
allNatural wrote:

Yuck, i was thinking about switching to a higher calorie, lower carb weight gainer so i’ll have a little more room in my stomach for fatty substances.

I’ll give the olive oil a try though.[/quote]

You can also use whole milk, peanut butter, heavy cream, or one of many other options.

[quote]Rijati wrote:
allNatural wrote:

I just pour a shot of fish oil with each meal. You could probably do the same with olive oil. Then you won’t have to worry about trying to get it to mix with your protien shake, and it cleans easier.

not tryin to shoot you down, you say your drinking 3 of those XXX shakes a day, why not eat more whole foods with higher cals and what not?? like steaks, eggs, and oatmeal…are you eating enough whole foods?? what is your diet like, anyway you could post it for us to see??

but its great to see your tearin shit up in the gym! its a great feeling! keep working hard man and you willl be throwin 10lbs on each week! good luck

its not that hard to hit 5k each day with real “clean” food

eat plenty of nuts, make big pots of chili and drink your milk

the easiest way for me to bump up my daily cals if I need to is either natty PB or nuts by far. very calorically dense

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
not tryin to shoot you down, you say your drinking 3 of those XXX shakes a day, why not eat more whole foods with higher cals and what not?? like steaks, eggs, and oatmeal…are you eating enough whole foods?? what is your diet like, anyway you could post it for us to see??

but its great to see your tearin shit up in the gym! its a great feeling! keep working hard man and you willl be throwin 10lbs on each week! good luck[/quote]

A typical day for me -

Breakfast - mass XXX shake (750 cals)

Lunch - Protein/carb/fat mix ~700 cals

Post lunch shake - Mass XXX (750 cals)

Afternoon Snack - Protein/carb/fat mix ~700 cals

Pre-workout shake - GNC Mega Whey (330 cals)

workout - BCAA suppliments

post workout - high fat/carb dinner (800 cals)
Post workout - Biotest “Surge” shake (330 cals)

Bedtime - ZMA suppliments

So I’m hittin around 4300 calories a day.
at about a 35-55-10 macro.
(i know i need to redefine this diet a lot)

So your eating 3 solid meals a day? and 4 liquid?

Try eating more often to, something in between breakfest and lunch is good idea, I like to consume alot of calories early in the day…

If wanting to replace the mass shakes you can make something like I do for breakfest…
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
2 cups milk (I use raw whole but hard to find)
1 cup frozenn blueberries
2 scoops protien powder (or 1 serving of Metabolic Drive complete)
some extra virgin olive oil

about 1100 calories

Also eat an ounce or two of some almonds or something with an apple or banana twice a day can get an easy good amount of calories that way, alot of chewing though! good for jaw muscles

Also do you eat anything before bed or is dinner your last meal? I would make sure to eat a good amount of fats and slow digesting protien before bed, cottage cheese, peanut butter is a fav of alot of people but if you don’t like cottage cheese some whole milk and casien protien powder works, It is what I do as I just like to slam it before bed I don’t fell like chewing a bunch when all I want to do is sleep!

Good luck

But hey if your gaining good weight that is all that matters

remember buy in bulk and plan ahead ALWAYS have food on you.

[quote]Rijati wrote:
allNatural wrote:

Try extra light olive oil. Mixes WAY better in shakes than regular or EVOO. If it’s simply quality calories you’re concerned with (the phytonutrient content isn’t as good as EVOO and regular), it works just fine as it has the same specs otherwise. E.g. very high in monounsaturated fat.

Thanks for all the help guys