Macronutrient Ratios for PALEO

What’s bizarre is that the OP actually has some good potential but will not use it because of his distorted education and views on nutrition.

[quote]MentorSorg wrote:
Isn’t the Michelin Man a name applied to fatsos?

Westcoast has one of the most respectable physiques on here, and if I recall correctly, he’s still only in his early 20’s. [/quote]

I appreciate the compliment MS, more fuel to keep me working hard in the gym. I just turned 24 a couple months ago.

Marshmallow Man would be the nickname I’d lean towards ha, or whatever the name of the one from Ghostbusters was.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

I appreciate the compliment MS, more fuel to keep me working hard in the gym. I just turned 24 a couple months ago.
[/quote]

No shit? Congrats/happy belated. Keep up the hard work and hustle.

Wish I started this game much sooner.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[/quote]

No shit? Congrats/happy belated. Keep up the hard work and hustle.

Wish I started this game much sooner.[/quote]

Thanks Ponce, I really appreciate it.

It’s better to have gotten started with the game, than to have never played at all.

OP: while you are self-educating, be sure to look up these four words:

DOWNWARD SCAPULAR ROTATION SYNDROME

P.S. What did Robb Wolf have to say about this? I know you’re going to have a super happy digestive tract, but how do you intend on dealing with all your future upper extremity issues?

I just like to train the neck and traps alot. I’m not too into vanity. All this hypertension aside(probably related to excess blood sugar)what carbs would you recommend? I sure don’t like hypertension and as to having a bloated gut that I will also pass(I keep my waist thick through training–again, aesthetics are one thing, functionality is another). Turnips anyone(haha)?

If you’re following Paleo and don’t wish to deviate, fall in love with root and harvest vegetables (pumpkin, squash, yams, potatos, etc.). High carbohydrate, micronutrient and fiber value with no gliaden content.

[quote]PersonMan wrote:
I just like to train the neck and traps alot. I’m not too into vanity. All this hypertension aside(probably related to excess blood sugar)what carbs would you recommend? I sure don’t like hypertension and as to having a bloated gut that I will also pass(I keep my waist thick through training–again, aesthetics are one thing, functionality is another). Turnips anyone(haha)?[/quote]

What is the purpose of yor functonal stength? Do you practice MMA or other contact combat sports?

Wait, you have hypertension? How bad? For how long? Is it in your family? Have you tried cutting salt out of your diet?

I don’t have hypertension… according to info I recently encountered salt has a negligible influence on blood pressure contra pop belief. AS to sea salt I have been thinking of deliberately including it to boost iodine. Thanks for the grocery list of vegetables though, I have been thinking a pumpkin patch might be a good idea(I own a farm). Turnips anyone? What ranks best re: roots and harvest veggies glycemic index-wise(ie. lowest g.i)? What would be the cheapest bet(potatoes are cheap but high g.i, yams are expensive but lower g.i)? Most of these veggies are seasonal aren’t they? As to Paleo, I am mainly interested in health not being ‘down’ with the PALEO crowd.

Overall I have come to view the beliefs of most people here as sound enough re: digestion and protein assimilation rate and have decided to return to eating 4 meals per day every 4-5 hours, although I do workout in a fasted state. My concern is not so much with hypertrophy but maintenance of body composition and max. energy levels/general health. Sometimes I get caught up ‘thinking big’ as I used to be a lot more sizable(close to 200 lbs. at 7% BF).

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Jedi troll or rapid cycle bi-polar? I can’t decide.[/quote]

Kind of looks like dick neck aka drivethruhero.

All that fancy nutrition book learnin’ and you think GI matters? Wow. If you’re paleo for whatever reason and you want to gain muscle, start downing a heap of potatoes, steak and eggs.

[quote]MODOK wrote:

Just a full blown weirdo. Who says, “Turnips anyone” twice?

I wonder if he’s ever had contact with other humans before now.

[quote]PersonMan wrote:
-I have been thinking a pumpkin patch might be a good idea(I own a farm).

-Turnips anyone?

-Overall I have come to view the beliefs of most people here as sound enough re: digestion and protein assimilation rate and have decided to return to eating 4 meals per day every 4-5 hours

-I do workout in a fasted state.

-Sometimes I get caught up ‘thinking big’ as I used to be a lot more sizable(close to 200 lbs. at 7% BF). [/quote]

Far and away one of the weirdest trolls ever to post on here.

Oh and 200 @ 7%BF? Prove it or don’t come back.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]MODOK wrote:

Just a full blown weirdo. Who says, “Turnips anyone” twice?

I wonder if he’s ever had contact with other humans before now.[/quote]

Makes you scratch your head when you look at his screen name.

[quote]PersonMan wrote:
AS to sea salt I have been thinking of deliberately including it to boost iodine.[/quote]
As much as I hesitate to respond, I just wanted to mention that sea salt has little, if any, iodine in it, unlike most table salt.

But you know what DOES have iodine? Most multivitamins. You’re welcome.

Obviously a troll… After his posts on page two it was clear… But that’s besides the point.

This thread is now all about how awesome WestCoast physique is! No more paleo, time for more “no homo” man compliments lol

You don’t need any carbohydrates(except fiber) to survive and function normally.
You don’t need any carbohydrates except glucose to replenish muscle glycogen.
Eating fructose with glucose will delay the replenishment of muscle glycogen.
So even though it’s not Paleo, grains and yams are the most effective way to replenish muscle glycogen if taken before you spike your insulin levels during training.

As long as you eat a shit ton of meats, veggies/berries, and balanced fats/oils you will keep your diet from being heavily acidic.
Also…Theres no reason to eat carbohydrates(besides fiber) beyond replenishing the AT MOST 400-500 grams you can hold in your skeletal muscle.

Fruits have a significant amount of sugars in them sop they’re not as effective as veggies/berries for low carb micronutrient and fiber sources. They also have a significant amount of fructose so they’re not as effective as grains for building up your blood glucose levels before training.
Conclusion:
There’s no reason to eat fruits either for Paleo purposes or for non-paleo bodybuilding purposes because ther are better alternatives.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:
You don’t need any carbohydrates(except fiber) to survive and function normally.
You don’t need any carbohydrates except glucose to replenish muscle glycogen.
Eating fructose with glucose will delay the replenishment of muscle glycogen.
So even though it’s not Paleo, grains and yams are the most effective way to replenish muscle glycogen if taken before you spike your insulin levels during training.

As long as you eat a shit ton of meats, veggies/berries, and balanced fats/oils you will keep your diet from being heavily acidic.
Also…Theres no reason to eat carbohydrates(besides fiber) beyond replenishing the AT MOST 400-500 grams you can hold in your skeletal muscle.

Fruits have a significant amount of sugars in them sop they’re not as effective as veggies/berries for low carb micronutrient and fiber sources. They also have a significant amount of fructose so they’re not as effective as grains for building up your blood glucose levels before training.
Conclusion:
There’s no reason to eat fruits either for Paleo purposes or for non-paleo bodybuilding purposes because ther are better alternatives.[/quote]

LOL at all of this. With the exception of maybe 2 points, it’s all wrong.

Sounds like you’ve been drinking the kool aid.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Obviously a troll… After his posts on page two it was clear… But that’s besides the point.

This thread is now all about how awesome WestCoast physique is! No more paleo, time for more “no homo” man compliments lol[/quote]

I <3U2 gregron.

Seriously though, there is such an overload of incorrect nutrition information in this thread that I would tell people to simply stay away.

I think we should instead focus on what gregron mentioned and vote on my new nickname:

Marshmallow Man or Michelinen Man

Then once we’ve decided on that, we should see what Iron Dwarf can whip up!