T Nation

Macronutrient Ratio - Am I On Track?

I put everything into Fitday.com (awesome website) and here’s what I got so far. I will be adding one more meal of some cheese and a tomato this evening so it will add a bit more protein and fat and get my calories to 2000+.
I am 5’ 6.5", 124 lbs, female, roughly 20% bf, looking to gain as much muscle mass as I can while slowly lowering my bf to around 17-18% (I’m not in a hurry to lose the fat). It seems to be working so far since I gained 2 1/2 lbs over the last month and my clothes are a tad looser. I haven’t added everything up in a while but this calculation is from today which was a typical workout day diet.

Calories- 1923
190 g protein 40%
127 g carbs 26%
71 g fat 34%

I am wondering if I should be eating a higher percentage of carbs or should I leave it alone and only adjust if needed? Thanks.
Amanda

I’m not an expert, but I think you are on the right track. I’ve been on a similar diet with the goal of leaning out and increasing my work capacity. In terms of carbs, my main sources are fruits,veggies, and some dairy. On workout days I’ll usually have a slice of whole wheat bread w/ breakfast and a whole wheat bagel w/ peanut butter a little before my workout, depending on how I feel. I’m about 4 pounds leaner, and feel stronger and more in shape than when I started. If you’re trying to add some muscle, I would add some carbs after your workout.

I’m researching the anabolic/metabolic diet right now and think I might switch over to that. You may want to look into a carb-cycling plan as well.

Yes I do have carbs post work out, also in the morning and before I work out. I had thought about the carb cycling thing but I figured I would start eating well while learning all that I can. I don’t know a whole lot about carb cycling right now so I will continue my research.
Thanks for the input.