Macro Question - How Much?

I’m surprised you’re only finding 130g of protein from this. The two shakes should add up to about 100g protein and the protein from lunch and dinner should be at least another 100g. Surely you can handle two scoops of powder per shake and a half lb of lean meat per meal, right? That’s not even counting extra protein you’ll get in the milk. If you’re around 200lb I think 200-250g protein is a great and feasible target daily.

Replacing milk with unsweetened almond milk will go a long way for you too. Cals from milk are not very satiating. Perhaps great for the teenage scrawny struggling to gain mass, definitely not at 23% bodyfat though. Also consider using stevia in place of sugar.

1 Like

I only use one scoop in my shakes, so they total out to be 66g of protein (including the milk). I could do two scoops per, but my wife.might kill me if I doubled my protein powder budget. :slight_smile:

I can try it with almond milk, hadn’t really thought I’d that before. My lunches are typically small though, but I have bought a flat of chicken breasts which I’ll incorporate as an extra meal throughout the day. I’ve got my new calorie goal the last few days as well as hitting over 200g of protein.

Awesome man, let us know how things progress.

1 Like