Macho Attitude

[quote]the juggernaut wrote:
Im retarded.[/quote]

Were you checkin? the specs on the endline of the?rotary?girder…?

[quote]christine wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
If you’re friends with said desk girl, snapping of fingers followed by witty banter such as “come on! Chop chop! Boom boom!” is ok.

If you don’t know the girl, then it’s incredibly rude regardless of whether or not you are smiling.

I’m with you here.

I can’t think of one situation that it would be ok to snap your fingers at a total stranger… smile or not.

Also, when you visit or live in another country, it is always optimal to learn their customs. Who really gives a shit if it is ok in Europe or not, you’re not in your home country.

And we always get called out for being rude travelers.

And if you do it in a joking manner, it better be to a good friend with a good sense of humor.[/quote]

Seeing as he snapped at the girl behind the desk, and not the fat guy, I don’t see how it’s any of the fat guy’s business to call him out on it. If she wanted to give him attitude that’d be understandable. But, chances are he could have simply smiled sheepishly and said, “sorry, I’m from Europe, it’s an old habbit” and she’d have found it cute. If anything, the fat guy was being rude for killing the OP’s attempt to flirt. I mean, yeah, technically he’s right, it’s generally considered rude to snap at people, but isn’t it also rude to butt into other peoples business and correct people?

[quote]dre wrote:
the juggernaut wrote:
Im retarded.

Were you checkin? the specs on the endline of the?rotary?girder…?[/quote]

Yeah, it checked out ok as far as I could tell.

You’re pissed because you feel like he got the best of you. Instead of walking out, next time tell him to mind his own business or ask him what he is going to do about it. Most likely nothing, and you will feel better about it.

Dont suffer assholes.

In America, you’re supposed to smash your fist on the counter to get attention.

[quote]Avoids Roids wrote:
In America, you’re supposed to smash your fist on the counter to get attention. [/quote]

Just donkey punch the desk attendant. That is guaranteed to get her attention.