T Nation

Macho Attitude

After spending the afternoon with my brother - who’s suffered debilitating anxiety attacks for 2 years - I venture into the gym, hoping to wind down.

I have a big smile on my face as I snap my fingers at the front-desk girl to get her attention.

‘It’s very disrespectful to snap your fingers at someone’

Some overweight guy snaps out. He must be joking, and I chuckle in return. I’m being playful, and after a rough afternoon the last thing I expect is confrontation.

But no. The fat guy stares at me. He’s got the macho attitude down to a notch. I let him know where I come from - I grew up in Europe - it’s just a playful thing to do.

To my dismay he replies ‘Well, this is America, we don’t do that here’.
I didn’t give him another minute as I walked out. I didn’t care enough to tell him I serve in the U.S. Air Force; I didn’t care to tell him a big smile makes the difference between disrepectful and playful.

I started wondering what kind of guy he is. A big macho attitude, no ability to tell when someone’s messing around, hanging out at the front desk as if it was a bar. Now here is someone who:

1. Has little of a life

2. Does not get laid much

3. Is trying to overcompensate for inadequacies - some of which I would guess involve not feeling like very much of a man

4. Has a miserable job - and one not requiring much brains

5. Thinks being miserable and rude will make him a bad boy and girs will flock to him.

6. Is a loser not worth wasting a minute of my time on.

I’ve never met anybody worth hanging out - or worth knowing - with this type of attitude.
Is it such a tough concept? Real tough guys with pure testosterone flowing feel GOOD and love to have fun and be playful.
Pussies and sick bastards trying to overcompensate for inadequacies have to focus so hard on acting tough and hiding their sickness/weakness they forget life is about having fun.

You’ve described about 99% of the guys I work with, which is why I’m trying to figure out what I want out of life, career wise.

Did the fat guy have his sleeves rolled up so you could see his large, yet very unimpressive arms?

Did he wear knee straps even though he did bicep curls on the machine?

I’m glad that you didn’t care enough to make this thread.

[quote]diesel25 wrote:
6. Is a loser not worth wasting a minute of my time on.[/quote]

Damn, you type fast.

[quote]diesel25 wrote:

1. Is a loser not worth wasting a minute of my time on.
    [/quote]

WOW!! It only took you 59 seconds to type that post?

I see.

VERY interesting.

Lemme see if I can summarize:

You walk by the desk at the gym. You snap fingers at cute desk attendant.

Fat near the desk wants to show off macho to desk attendant. You exchange a sentence with Fat.

You walk away and you make a thread on T-Nation about how this is such a big deal thet we all have to hear about it.

clap clap

I want my 45 seconds back.

Oh, alright. I see how it works. I’m the only one with enough balls to call this guy out, then everyone else jumps on the bandwagon.

Fucking pussies.

[quote]E-man wrote:
diesel25 wrote:

1. Is a loser not worth wasting a minute of my time on.

WOW!! It only took you 59 seconds to type that post?

[/quote]

Neener, neener.

[quote]Brett T. wrote:
Oh, alright. I see how it works. I’m the only one with enough balls to call this guy out, then everyone else jumps on the bandwagon.[/quote]

Ok. I’ll call him out first. Just send me back in time 20 min so I will read his post before you do.

[quote]Brett T. wrote:
Oh, alright. I see how it works. I’m the only one with enough balls to call this guy out, then everyone else jumps on the bandwagon.

Fucking pussies.[/quote]

Yeah, that took some huge balls. We are all very impressed.

[quote]the juggernaut wrote:
Brett T. wrote:

Fucking pussies.

Yeah, that took some huge balls. We are all very impressed.[/quote]

He was being sarcastic, jugular.

haha. the whole thread is full of macho!

im not going to dis you for being European, but the fat macho guy is right, we dont do that shit here. you snap your fingers at a dog and say “sit,” you dont snap your fingers at a human being unless you want them and anyone that catches it to think youre an asshole.

it was a mix up, and not a big deal, but i think what i just said above is how youll always be perceived doing that in the US. doesnt mean youre an asshole, just a mix up.

although…it could still mean youre an asshole!

You want to see some real balls?

Try telling some whiney little girl that her threads are stupid and useless.

THATS when the balls come out.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
the juggernaut wrote:
Brett T. wrote:

Fucking pussies.

Yeah, that took some huge balls. We are all very impressed.

He was being sarcastic, jugular.[/quote]

haha, I’m glad someone was intelligent enough to catch that.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
You want to see some real balls?

Try telling some whiney little girl that her threads are stupid and useless.

THATS when the balls come out.

[/quote]

So…you flash her while you say it?

And how do we know how fat he is? Or if he really was fat at all?

//spoken like true fatty

I’m from Europe, and here snapping fingers at girls serving at a place is thought as being extremely rude.

If I was there I would have broken your disrespectful fingers off and fed them to the fat dude.

If you’re friends with said desk girl, snapping of fingers followed by witty banter such as “come on! Chop chop! Boom boom!” is ok.

If you don’t know the girl, then it’s incredibly rude regardless of whether or not you are smiling.