Machines vs. Freeweights

[quote]Professor X wrote:
superscience wrote:
Professor X wrote:
superscience wrote:
you dont have to balance the weight whilsit using machine weights meaning ur stronger muscle will always ddo more work for example if ur right pec was bigger and stronger it would continue to grow bigger and stronger.

Actually, that would be more common in those who rely only on the barbell bench press. Many HS machines allow each side to work individually.

not in this country

Actually, in this country as well. That is why when newbies ask the best exercise for them to do when one side is significantly weaker than the other, the best advice is dumbbells, not barbells. This is because it allows each side to work on its own.[/quote]

Are we talking about the Hammer Strength machines? All of them in my gym are individually plate loaded. Do they have a line that is not?

I don’t lump the HS stuff in with all the other machines; I think they’re far, far better designed and made

[quote]Sxio wrote:
On a machine you can use heavier weights and thus more overload the muscles.

Free weights you have to pull back beforehand for safety’s sake. A machine you’re all buckled in so there’s a far less chance of injury. [/quote]

That’s what a spotter is for.