Machines and Reps for MMA Power?

This is Rich Franklin, a former UFC champion. I didn’t see any deadlifts, squats, and other heavy stuff, and I think chiropractors are in the same league as psychic healers, but then again, I’m not a world class fighter. Is anyone here an expert on this?

It just doesn’t make sense to me that his fast reps could yield more power than heavy power lifting. He does 15 reps, 10 stations, and 10 rotations, which yields 1500 reps/hour. I do maybe 100 reps in my workout…

Also, how good is Xyience? I do know that Georges St. Pierre uses Spike, and he’s a damn great fighter, as well. Anyone know what his workout is like?

Finally, is MMA considered a strength sport? It looks like it to me, given the amount of power it takes to wrestle well, but I’m no expert.

rich is a crappy fighter and the only reason he rose to the rank of champion was because there wasnt anyone decent in his division for a while, he recently got his face re adjusted LITERALLY, also these guys wouldnt be showing you or the rest of the world what they really do, that would expose weaknesses and training methods that could end up fucking you over in a fight

[quote]john-lennon wrote:
rich is a crappy fighter and the only reason he rose to the rank of champion was because there wasnt anyone decent in his division for a while, he recently got his face re adjusted LITERALLY, also these guys wouldnt be showing you or the rest of the world what they really do, that would expose weaknesses and training methods that could end up fucking you over in a fight [/quote]

Wow, this guys a genius. Who do you fight for? UFC? Pride? K-1?

Maybe you could start a thread exposing MMA for what it really is. Tell us all how crappy the other pros are and give us all the info. on what these fighters REALLY do and what they don’t want us to know about.

Since you’re just an anonymous poster no one will figure out that you’re giving away all the trade secrets.

I’m looking forwrd to it. Thanks.

I think one of the main reasons the MMA guys do a lot of high rep stuff is obviously for endurance. The adrenaline, intensity, and the length of the rounds will cause these guys to tire “quickly.” Think about throwing hundreds of punches, taking/blocking punches and kicks, grappling, etc…

It’s a balls-to-the-wall endurance, strength, speed, and agility sport.

[quote]Higher Game wrote:

This is Rich Franklin, a former UFC champion. I didn’t see any deadlifts, squats, and other heavy stuff, and I think chiropractors are in the same league as psychic healers, but then again, I’m not a world class fighter. Is anyone here an expert on this?

It just doesn’t make sense to me that his fast reps could yield more power than heavy power lifting. He does 15 reps, 10 stations, and 10 rotations, which yields 1500 reps/hour. I do maybe 100 reps in my workout…

Also, how good is Xyience? I do know that Georges St. Pierre uses Spike, and he’s a damn great fighter, as well. Anyone know what his workout is like?

Finally, is MMA considered a strength sport? It looks like it to me, given the amount of power it takes to wrestle well, but I’m no expert.[/quote]

There was an interview with George St Pierre on here…he said that when doing weights he would do 5 or 6 different lifts without a rest period, and then take a break, circuit style.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
I think one of the main reasons the MMA guys do a lot of high rep stuff is obviously for endurance. The adrenaline, intensity, and the length of the rounds will cause these guys to tire “quickly.” Think about throwing hundreds of punches, taking/blocking punches and kicks, grappling, etc…

It’s a balls-to-the-wall endurance, strength, speed, and agility sport. [/quote]

all anybody has to do to test this out is to lace up a pair of 12 oz. gloves and spar for a few rounds. just holding you hands up after a few three minute rounds gets tough.

if you ever wonder who all these keyboard warriors are, just go to a sports bar that shows UFC PPVs. “rich is a crappy fighter” is outrageously stupid, even for those dipshits. not a Franklin defender mind you, I thought Silva was going to win that fight.

[quote]john-lennon wrote:
rich is a crappy fighter and the only reason he rose to the rank of champion was because there wasnt anyone decent in his division for a while, he recently got his face re adjusted LITERALLY, also these guys wouldnt be showing you or the rest of the world what they really do, that would expose weaknesses and training methods that could end up fucking you over in a fight [/quote]

Rich loses to one of the best strikers in MMA and now he’s a can?

Theres no secret to their training methods either. There isn’t any silver bullet that makes them good, just tons and tons of hard work.