T Nation

Machine Hack Squats

If you can back squat more than you can machine hack squat does that mean you have a quad weakness and stronger hammies and glutes

I would guess probably because I know the Hack Squat is more quad dominant. Thats exactly why I replaced my BB squats with it because my quads were NOT growing from BB squats. Got my Hack squat up from 225x10 to 515x7 in around 3 months and the legs grew about 2.5" in that time.

The hacks do hit my glutes pretty good too, I go pretty deep and after my sets my quads are dying and I have a definite pump in my glutes.

[quote]josh86 wrote:
I would guess probably because I know the Hack Squat is more quad dominant. Thats exactly why I replaced my BB squats with it because my quads were NOT growing from BB squats. Got my Hack squat up from 225x10 to 515x7 in around 3 months and the legs grew about 2.5" in that time.

The hacks do hit my glutes pretty good too, I go pretty deep and after my sets my quads are dying and I have a definite pump in my glutes.[/quote]

dam that much of an icrease in 3 months lol nice job

[quote]crod266 wrote:
josh86 wrote:

The hacks do hit my glutes pretty good too, I go pretty deep and after my sets my quads are dying and I have a definite pump in my glutes.

dam that much of an icrease in 3 months lol nice job[/quote]

Lol yeah pretty crazy…now my legs have stretch marks like all up and down the sides. I posted my video for proof in the BOI 2.0 thread, think its on page 99.

Anyway the Hack Squat, for me anyway, is definitely more quad dominant.