Machida Out of UFC 89

here is the article off of mmauniverse.com

looks like a fight with Shogun in the near future

So glad I didnt bother getting tickets for that. Worst card in a long time.

Machida vs. Shogun could be a good fight, though I was hoping for Chuck vs. Shogun. Stil,…

Chuck at this point couldnt cut it with Shogun, maybe after a few wins back under him. Machida vs Shogun woould be a brilliant fight in my opinion definately something worth seeing

[quote]HitEmHard wrote:
Chuck at this point couldnt cut it with Shogun, maybe after a few wins back under him. Machida vs Shogun woould be a brilliant fight in my opinion definately something worth seeing[/quote]

I’ll have to disagree with you here. Shogun wasn’t exactly impressive in his last fight, and he’s coming off 2 knee operations. We don’t know how that will affect him. Chuck could absolutely compete against Shogun, and have a good chance at winning. Everyone’s so eager to write off Chuck. We did that going into the Wanderlei fight and look what happened…

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
HitEmHard wrote:
Chuck at this point couldnt cut it with Shogun, maybe after a few wins back under him. Machida vs Shogun woould be a brilliant fight in my opinion definately something worth seeing

I’ll have to disagree with you here. Shogun wasn’t exactly impressive in his last fight, and he’s coming off 2 knee operations. We don’t know how that will affect him. Chuck could absolutely compete against Shogun, and have a good chance at winning. Everyone’s so eager to write off Chuck. We did that going into the Wanderlei fight and look what happened…[/quote]

Im not trying to write off Chuck at all but I think at the same time he needs a few wins to pick up his confidence against lover level guys before jumping back into the cage in any type of rush to fight a dangerous fighter like Shogun. It is a good point though about the two knee opporations though

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
HitEmHard wrote:

I’ll have to disagree with you here. Shogun wasn’t exactly impressive in his last fight, and he’s coming off 2 knee operations. We don’t know how that will affect him. Chuck could absolutely compete against Shogun, and have a good chance at winning.

Everyone’s so eager to write off Chuck. We did that going into the Wanderlei fight and look what happened…[/quote]

Forrest fought diet Shogun. He should have never taken that fight. He couldn’t train at 100% and spent a few days after the fight in a hospital bed.

That being said, I think Chuck/Shogun would be a pretty damn good fight. I would give the nod to Shogun only because he is so much more versatile than Chuck and isn’t afraid to change his gameplan to adapt to his opponent’s weaknesses.

Hope to see shogun utilize some fucking knees. His last fight and Silva’s last few have been killing me. Almost like they forgot how to clinch. They also both look mighty small for 205, facing american 205’ers using bigger weight cuts.

It would also be nice to see Machida not fight like it’s a karate point-fight match. If Machida fights as usual and Shogun is not back up to form post surgery, this fight could blow pretty hard. If only shogun can win so he can murder quinton again.

Whatever. They can delay Machida all they want, because once he gets the title he won’t lose it. Shogun is perfect to showcase, sloppy and aggressive and the kind of guy that Machida will finish.

Definitely. They are just delaying the inevitable imo. Machida is a top fighter. He better get a title shot after this…

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
HitEmHard wrote:

I’ll have to disagree with you here. Shogun wasn’t exactly impressive in his last fight, and he’s coming off 2 knee operations. We don’t know how that will affect him. Chuck could absolutely compete against Shogun, and have a good chance at winning. Everyone’s so eager to write off Chuck. We did that going into the Wanderlei fight and look what happened…[/quote]

Uh…I don’t think anyone wrote off Chuck in the Wand fight.

In any case, this is not a fight that will happen (Chuck and Shogun). The UFC has invested a lot of money in those two, and having them fight while fans are doubting their muster would kill the career of whoever lost.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Whatever. They can delay Machida all they want, because once he gets the title he won’t lose it. Shogun is perfect to showcase, sloppy and aggressive and the kind of guy that Machida will finish.[/quote]

Im not really a Machida fan to be honest. Maybe its time I spent a night watching his past fights