MA to Vote on Repealing State Income Tax

Defeated.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/11/income_tax_repe.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed3

Dumbass libs.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Defeated.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/11/income_tax_repe.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed3

Dumbass libs.[/quote]

Apparently the idea of less government is scary.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?&articleid=1130136&format=&page=1&listingType=MA2004#articleFull

I can’t believe this was voted down.

Mass yesterday:

Decriminalized marijuana = less government intrusion
Made dog racing illegal = more government intrusion
Decided to keep income tax = More government intrusion

It was a perfect opportunity to add some sort of consumption tax as opposed to an income tax. This would have promoted more savings and an overall better state economy in the long run.

Oh well fuck em. Even though I barely ever smoke it’s nice to know I only need to drive 2 miles if I ever wanted to legally buy some pot now.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
I can’t believe this was voted down.

Mass yesterday:

Decriminalized marijuana = less government intrusion
Made dog racing illegal = more government intrusion
Decided to keep income tax = More government intrusion

[/quote]

Dunno. Liberalism these days means only socially liberal, while economically intrusive. You’d have to look at libertarians for something like consistent and classical liberalism.

3 out of 3 wrong. Goddamn liberals. Keep the dog racing, get rid of the pot and taxes.

3 out of 3 wrong. Goddamn liberals. Keep the dog racing, get rid of the pot and taxes.[/quote]

You mean 2 of 3 wrong. The pot is OK.

Not by my standards.

I prefer it to stay underground.

Not by my standards.

I prefer it to stay underground.[/quote]

So does my dealer.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
rainjack wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
dhickey wrote:
MrRezister wrote:
Source:

What it this “wikipedia”? it must be new. is it only available to a select few or can Jsbrook get access as well?

Everyone can do their own research on Sarah Palin and judge for themselves whether she’s been an effective mayor and governor and is fiscally conservative in practice. It’s not my job to educate you. But I suggest going well beyond wikipedia.

Sorry, jsbrook - but you did no research on this at all. Everything you have said about Wasilla are nothing more than dem talking points.

I don’t really care if you like her, or not - but please stop acting as if you have done anything beyond drinking the anti-Palin kool-aid.

Dude, you can’t refute it. It’s all facts. Her reign in Wasilla was atrocious. She was not a fiscal conservative. Most of the infrastructure improvements she promised were abandoned. Forced to prioritize, she chose the wrong priorities. The legacy, if any, was the sports complex. And the deal was spectacularly bungled.

I’m a lawyer. If Palin and the administration were a private firm brokering the deal on behalf of citizens who hired them, they would be guilty of legal malpractice. And would probably lose their law license or at the least be subject to discpline. Probably a suspension.

The pipeline has been handled with the same incompetence. The budget surplus of Alaska is almost entirely due to the state’s oil. If I struck oil in my backyard, I would turn a nice profit too, however incompetent my management of my finances othrwise was.[/quote]

OK so this affects this topic how?

So what did she do as governer?

Did she learn from her mistakes, seems the only thing our new pres elect learned to do was hide the truth about who he is?

Since we are off topic how does it make you feel that someone who under any other circumstances would never be given access to classified information is now going to be your commander in chief.

I really think as a nation we should move from income to tax to consumption tax or at least move to a flat tax system. give people a reason to feel obligation.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
rainjack wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
dhickey wrote:
MrRezister wrote:
Source:

What it this “wikipedia”? it must be new. is it only available to a select few or can Jsbrook get access as well?

Everyone can do their own research on Sarah Palin and judge for themselves whether she’s been an effective mayor and governor and is fiscally conservative in practice. It’s not my job to educate you. But I suggest going well beyond wikipedia.

Sorry, jsbrook - but you did no research on this at all. Everything you have said about Wasilla are nothing more than dem talking points.

I don’t really care if you like her, or not - but please stop acting as if you have done anything beyond drinking the anti-Palin kool-aid.

Dude, you can’t refute it. It’s all facts. Her reign in Wasilla was atrocious. She was not a fiscal conservative. Most of the infrastructure improvements she promised were abandoned. Forced to prioritize, she chose the wrong priorities. The legacy, if any, was the sports complex. And the deal was spectacularly bungled.

I’m a lawyer. If Palin and the administration were a private firm brokering the deal on behalf of citizens who hired them, they would be guilty of legal malpractice. And would probably lose their law license or at the least be subject to discpline. Probably a suspension.

The pipeline has been handled with the same incompetence. The budget surplus of Alaska is almost entirely due to the state’s oil. If I struck oil in my backyard, I would turn a nice profit too, however incompetent my management of my finances othrwise was.

Did she learn from her mistakes, seems the only thing our new pres elect learned to do was hide the truth about who he is?

Since we are off topic how does it make you feel that someone who under any other circumstances would never be given access to classified information is now going to be your commander in chief.

I really think as a nation we should move from income to tax to consumption tax or at least move to a flat tax system. give people a reason to feel obligation.
[/quote]

We’re only off-topic because you chose to respond a post from over a month ago. I’m done talking about Sarah Palin’s mistakes and failure to act as a responsible, fiscal conservative. It’s a moot point now.

As far as the topic at hand goes, if you are going to repal state income tax, you best be cutting back on programs or at least (maybe preferably) cut administrative and bureaucratic waste. Otherwise, you’re gonna be making up for that repeal in other forms of taxes. Or through deficit spending.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
apbt55 wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
rainjack wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
dhickey wrote:
MrRezister wrote:
Source:

The pipeline has been handled with the same incompetence. The budget surplus of Alaska is almost entirely due to the state’s oil. If I struck oil in my backyard, I would turn a nice profit too, however incompetent my management of my finances othrwise was.

We’re only off-topic because you chose to respond a post from over a month ago. I’m done talking about Sarah Palin’s mistakes and failure to act as a responsible, fiscal conservative. It’s a moot point now.

As far as the topic at hand goes, if you are going to repal state income tax, you best be cutting back on programs or at least (maybe preferably) cut administrative and bureaucratic waste. Otherwise, you’re gonna be making up for that repeal in other forms of taxes. Or through deficit spending.[/quote]

Well voting for this didn’t mean they would eliminate them necessarily. There was a clause saying it was discretionary. So nothing would have happened it would have just been a big middle finger to wasteful spending.