Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0

The depletion workout out today sucked, but I got through it smoothly. My energy is starting to lag a bit and I expect it to get worse by thursday. I’ve added more pics in the profile of my progress (or lack of). I haven’t tried maxing out in about two months and I know I’ve gotten weaker.

My previous maxes were 275 bench, 375 squat, 525(straps)deadlift. I definitly felt much stronger than I have felt in a long time on saturday (day after refeed), but didn’t attempt any maxes. I will try some this saturday and hopefully get some videos up.

Just finished another 30 min cardio session. Im not as sore as I was last week from the first depletion workout and Im looking forward to getting this next one today, out of the way.

I’m going to be starting this up on monday. been doing a pretty low carb diet for a while now <75 g a day) so I’m not too concerned about diet, more the training difference and the carb-up.

elusive-are you somewhat skeptical of the carb up? in terms of negating fat loss etc?
I guess I am somewhat, but definitely worth a try.

[quote]cougarenegade wrote:
elusive-are you somewhat skeptical of the carb up? in terms of negating fat loss etc?
I guess I am somewhat, but definitely worth a try.[/quote]

Yeah, the carb up does leave me worried. I’ve dieted for so long with a low carb approach I wasn’t sure how’d I react to a carb up, especially a 1,200 gram carb up. Like yourself, I thought it was at least worth a try because I had hit a fat loss wall. I started the diet at roughly 170 last week and im currently 174 (I feel softer and less lean). I don’t feel I did anything wrong, but will make adjustments either way. I might have had too much fiber, not enough water, and didn’t do enough cardio during the week. Like I said, I will keep every1 up 2 date.

-I just finished what in my opinion was the toughest time of the week, the second depletion workout. The rest of the week is smooth sailing.

elusive- I’m sorta in the same boat, since may I’m down from 192-175 currently, and I’m under 10% bf, looking to get to 6% by end of august.
my fat loss stalled a few weeks ago,but my cardio was a little down, and my body definitely adjusted to the lower carbs and kcals. currently im on t2, and going to be off that in a week for a 2 week break, and i’ll be starting cabergonline & phenterimine (sp?) via a pharmacy friend :slight_smile:

looking foward to trying this though. gunna keep the cardio high and hopefully lose the remaining low back fat i have.

Good luck. I’d be very interested on your thoughts and progress with this diet as well. Keep me posted on your updates and maybe we can share some insights.

Just finished another 30 min. cardio session. I feel really run down today. My weight this morning was back down to 171. Just another day of boring eating…

got my diet all outlined for monday. for mon,tues,wed, I’ll be at 1300 kcals w/ 180 g protein, 40 g fat, 35 g cho (as you can tell, i prefer and tolerate fat>cho). 975 kcals thursday-day, Thurs night to fri night will be 1000 g of cho.
honestly now I’m not even worrying about the extreme carbup anymore because my cardio will be moderately high and i’m taking some nice supplements. should be interesting…

You seem to have outlined everything well. Just out of curiousity, how are you going to plan saturday and sunday? These two days can be adjusted the most. Also, watch out for fiber. lol. It adds up quickly when you’re eating that many carbs. If you eat too much you’ll feel uncomfortable and bloated all day.

elusive- sat and sun I’ll be consuming 250&150 g of cho respectively. fri I will also drop some fat that I will reintroduce on sat&sun.

thats funny you mention fiber, I was just thinking to myself that too much could be an issue. I’m going to take a trip to the supermarket, probably buy a thing of bagels and just mound those all day friday. I’m not a big potato or rice guy. any suggestions? and whats your opinion so far on sucrose and fructose?

I don’t think I had any sucrose. Definitly didn’t have any fructose. Bagels and rice cakes were a staple for me on friday. You can try pasta and other types of breads, like english muffins or pita bread. Pretzels also seem to be good. Fat free ice cream if your feeling crazy. lol. Lots of options.

Did my last 30 min cardio session of the week. This morning when I woke up, I felt the leanest I’ve felt in a while. Just gonna relax until tonights workout. Then the fun starts.

elusive- just checked out your pictures. impressive bro. back looks shredded, arms also. keep up the good work.

Thanx. I wasn’t too happy with last weeks carb up, but as the week progressed I felt leaner. The added cardio I think is a must, for me at least.

wow elusive… nice pics. i just checked them out myself.

i’ll be doing ud2 in a couple weeks for probably 4 weeks.

as for someone asking about fructose and sucrose, i got away with these during the beginning of the carbload, working towards lower GI as the carbload ended.

save that cardio for after depletion sessions (this will help blood flow to subcutaneous fat)/ for wed’s off day, and sunday evening after you’ve started to cut back carbs.

Thanx for the advice. I was thinking of tomato sauce for my pasta, but didn’t last week because of the fructose. lol.

Starting my carb up as I type this. I felt leaner than ever right before tonights workout, I posted 2 pics.

elusive… you have got to be single digit body fat already. any idea of what you’re at?

No idea. I wish I did. At 180 lbs I was measured at 12%, I’ve lost about 10 lbs since, which makes me around 7% now, if I lost nothing but fat. However, to say I lost nothing but fat, is optimistic.

Im 3/4ths through my re-feed. I have such a big smile on my face right now.