Lying vs. Seated Leg Curl

Hello T-Nation Readers,

Here’s a beginner’s question - between the seated leg curl and the lying leg curl, which is superior? I’ve noticed many articles on T-Nation specifically mention the lying leg curl. I don’t see anything on seated.

My personal peference is seated. I also deadlift once every 6 days. Leg curls are an assitance exercise for me.

Appreciate the feedback.

negligible difference, keep doing the seated if thats what feels good

I appreciate the info. Great beard too in all seriousness. My genetics don’t allow me to grow any significant facial hair.

[quote]atfkao wrote:
Here’s a beginner’s question - between the seated leg curl and the lying leg curl, which is superior?[/quote]
Pretty much an either/or, yep. It’s easier to cheat by bucking your hips up on the lying curl, so in that sense the seated curl could be “better.”

I actually prefer standing 1-leg curls whenever possible, because I’m able to reach with one hand and feel the working leg contract. Definitely improves mind-muscle connection. If you have a chance, give it a shot.

It almost hurts my heart that you don’t recognize who that is, but to be fair, it really couldn’t be a more out of context picture.

They do tend to hit the hams/glutes slightly different. The seated will really hit that inner thigh much harder than the lying leg curl. Other than that, not much difference. Rotate them.