LWI: Lifting With Inky

More crap eating last night, as it was my sister in law (wife’s sister, not my brother’s wife-in case you were wondering) 30th birthday (yes, 2 days apart). Crap food (which tasted awesome, of course) + a couple shots = no squats for Ink. I’ll get them in tonight at home.

I used to have an issue when squatting at home, because I couldn’t hit depth without smacking the safety catches. Now that I can stay more upright when I squat, the depth doesn’t seem like it’ll be an issue. We’ll see later though!

Did 65 minutes fasted steady state @ 5% on the treadmill, 3mph this morning.

Chugging water now, flushing the crap out of my system. Back to eating “smart”.

That’s cool that your wife is lifting with you!

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
That’s cool that your wife is lifting with you![/quote]
Yeah it is. She wasn’t too sore from benching other than in her front delts, which is good, trying to take it “easy”. I hope she doesn’t hate me after squats tonight :slight_smile:

ME Lower @ home

Bar x some
135 x 5
185 x 2
215 x 2
245 x 1
265 x 1
280 x 1 (Hard)
300 x 0 (Damnit! Next few weeks won’t have normla squats as my ME exercise, so when I get back to it, I’ll smash 300)

Sumo Speed Pulls
185 x 3 x 3

Kitchen Island Back Extensions
(Legs on the island, wife holding my feet down, bend down until I’m face to face with the cabinets, and up!)

Bodyweight x 15 x 4 sets

Also worked my wife’s squat form with wall squats and then box squats. She has a hard time hitting depth, like her body just doesn’t bend down that far. I think it’s weak glutes/hams/low back and over time she’ll be able to go ATG without a problem. Working on it. She also pulled a BW DL pretty freakin easily (if you ask me) last night. Having not pulled a DL in about a year, and not doing any weight training until now, I think she’s built for deads, yay!

Little metal for today:

Sounds like you and your wife are having fun lifting together. That’s awesome! Honestly, I’m a little jealous. Wish somebody wanted to lift with me. Good luck to the wifey on the squats.

<3 the kitchen island back extensions. Wonder what your neighbors would think if they saw you two doing those…

[quote]veggiestrong wrote:
Sounds like you and your wife are having fun lifting together. That’s awesome! Honestly, I’m a little jealous. Wish somebody wanted to lift with me. Good luck to the wifey on the squats.

<3 the kitchen island back extensions. Wonder what your neighbors would think if they saw you two doing those…[/quote]
It is fun! And don’t be rediculous, there’s a lot of people that would want to lift with you, you just don’t know them yet :slight_smile:

The kitchen island is now a place for back extensions, and reverse hypers. I also use the counter corner to do dips on. Functional house is functional!

And to the deadlifting fans here…

http://www.thedeadlift.com/

Mrs Inky sounds like a natural…

Lucky.

You’ll have her smashing PR’s in no time.

That’s why you’re my #1 son.

(I’m sure my other two are adopted, or the neigbors kids)

Thanks for the link ink!

Never thought about the breathing “creating a block” thing. I’ll have to give that a shot next DL day.

Aww, thanks Edgy, and yeah they’re probably the neighbors’

Racer, no prob man, I just came across it and thought I struck gold!

Half hour of treadmill @ 3mph on a 7% incline this morning

ME Upper was planned for yesterday, but I didn’t get around to it.

I discovered that when I eat a shitty meal before lifting, I never feel like lifting. If I eat a shitty meal after lifting, I always feel awesome. So what’s that tell me? Don’t eat shitty during the week, when I have to lift later after the girls are asleep. I gotta eat a “cleaner” dinner so that I’m not drained of energy and motivation, then I can lift my ass off and eat some ice cream or something afterwards. On weekends I could lift heavy and then go crazy with a meal or something, but I can’t during the week.

At least, that’s what I’ve realized through my scientific studies of eating crap, and feeling like sitting around vs eating decent and being pumped to train.

Both ways of eating are going to have me putting on weight…just one’s a more jiggly way of doing it.

And now, the great Buckethead. He’s totally batshit crazy, but can play like noone else.

Creepy/weird but hilarious, showing his crazy side

Heres another good Dethklok tune for you

HAHA! built for DLs = big, round booty. Yay indeed!

LOVE the kitchen counter training. So hilarious! Please let your neighbors see you.

Eat good food, chuleta!! Or else…

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

And to the deadlifting fans here…

http://www.thedeadlift.com/

[/quote]

Thank you brotha! Dat be some good shit.

Dixie, yeah that’s a kick ass jam too! They’re all brutal, I love em!

Thanks Masch, anymore kitchen training I’ll try to vid, just for lulz. And I’ll eat better, don’t want to experience the “or else”…

Print, No problem, and thanks for poppin in!

After having to cut half the staff at work yesterday, I thought it’d be a good time for a morale boosting BBQ! So tomorrow I’ll be the grill master of hot dogs and hamburgers, feeding mah crew and stocking up on PROTEIN! (Gotta find the silver lining in life sometimes)

It’s like earning the junk food…no training =no junk!

Eat to train, train to Eat!

:slight_smile:

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
It’s like earning the junk food…no training =no junk!

Eat to train, train to Eat!

:)[/quote]
That’s exactly what it is. When I train to eat, and eat junk, my body noms that shit up and I feel great!

Definitely getting in a ME upper workout tonight, hoping to be able to do full bench, as long as my left elbow allows it, otherwise I’ll try and put together a 4 board and really smash the shit out of my lockout (Don’t even need to say it…cuz you all know it’s coming…)

LWI!

Funny you mention that ink, i am the same way. I have a harder time training with junk food before my training than after.

The show has begun…

Drum roll…

LWI!

I actually think carb loading the day before a big lifting day works pretty well. I go into a carb coma if I try it right before though.

Damn straight herc, it has begun

Trav, I get that too, fucking carb timing…

Well, ate a burger for dinner, had an awesome session, now I’m watching Boondock Saints 2 and eating some ice cream. Life is good right now

ME Bench

Bar x some
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
205 x 2
Belt on, to try something new
225 x 1 Easy
245 x 1 Easy
265 x 1 x 2 Butt came up on my second one. Been pretty much stuck with a 265 max forever. Hoping this new training style fixes that!

Foam Bench Press (measures like my 3board)
265 x 2
275 x 1
290 x 1 PR

Pendlay rows
135 x 10 x 5

Shrugs
250 x 20
275 x 20
300 x 8 Failure

Done and over.

LWI