LW Strongman to Powerlifter

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Laptop fucking broke. Will have to find other ways to internet besides phone for a while cause I tripped putting on my socks in the morning.
[/quote]
Didn’t you break one before?[/quote]

Yeah lol. And have you ever log pressed? Never seen you before.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

Laptop fucking broke. Will have to find other ways to internet besides phone for a while cause I tripped putting on my socks in the morning.
[/quote]

Yeah lol. And have you ever log pressed? Never seen you before.[/quote]
LOL Yeah 10" and 12".

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah lol. And have you ever log pressed? Never seen you before.[/quote]
LOL Yeah 10" and 12".[/quote].

Nice dude had no idea lol.
9/7/14

Deads from 2.5 inch blocks
135x8
225x5
275x3
370x3
460x1
500x2
500x2
500x2
500x2
500x2

Lying banded hamstring curls
Green band x 10, x10, x10
2 blue bands x 20

Lunges w/ right leg only (rehab for right leg)
Bw x 15, x15, x15, x15

Did some swoleceps training for the first time in a while and shut it down.

9/10/14 - @232

Back Squat (yo holy shit!)
135x8
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x8 definitely a strong 10 or 11 here. Didn’t expect 365 to feel so easy for my first day back squatting in a disgustingly long time.

Pull ups
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

Banded overhead crunches
green x 10,10,10,10

Hanging leg raises
x8,x8,x8

donesies

365x8 definitely a strong 10 or 11 here. Didn’t expect 365 to feel so easy for my first day back squatting in a disgustingly long time.
[/quote]
Damn dawg

9/13/14 - was actually going to attempt 400 today if things felt par. no thanks jeffrey… very tired, apathetic about benching, and rushed. running off nutella and a preworkout and insufficient amounts of water lol

shitty Bench Press
45x10
135x8
185x3
225x3
275x1
315x1 this weight should never feel heavy, going lighter than planned
300x2
300x2 paused
300x2 paused
300x2 paused
300x2 3 second pauses

Paused Slingshot Bench w/ 1 minute rest in between
365x1
365x1
375x1
385x1
400x1
strip set (no rest)
385x1
365x1

Seated DB military press
90x10 hang clean/curled the dumbbells up then sat down hate big dumbbells
40 green bands x 12, x12, x12
40x8ish
green band x failure
blue x failure

Standing one arm cable row
x15,x12,x12,x12

not even gonna upload tonights bench footage. just shit. glad i actually got good work in instead of going to some superfluous weight and failing.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]
Damn dawg[/quote]

lol yeah right. i’m still about 235lbs. fatty. need to drop down a bit. i must feed my insatiable desire to squat more bear.

9/15/14 - light deads today, ass rolling and flossing/mobility shit.

Deadlifts (no belt, double overhand)
135x5,5
225x5,3
275x3
325x3
325x3
325x3
325x3
325x3
325x3
325x3
325x3

Lying Banded Hamstring Curl
green band x8
black band x8, x8, x8, x8

Banded Leg Kick Backs (mule kicks lolz)
green x 10,x10 held back on these

Going to up the weight on squats this coming week. Definitely atleast 405 for some decent frequency work, maybe 415-425 if I’m feeling recovered enough. In mind that post. chain assistance is something I haven’t actually done in years, giving an extra day or two before squats will be wise. Today was easy as hell but the plight of ass and ham DOMS will surely prompt the destruction of shower curtains when I do my business.

Cy@

also, down to consistent 230-231ish. Going to try to make 225-230 my normal weight again. I’m feeling so fat, but anyone would wager eating nutella 40x a day is going to cause that rofl.

“I just had one teaspoon of nutella.” - Said nobody ever.

Since when are you a teenage white girl with the nutella? Haha

[quote]Ass Banana wrote:
Since when are you a teenage white girl with the nutella? Haha[/quote]

I guess since recently. I just…couldn’t stop.

I had a bout with it at my last contest in between events I just sat against a wall by myself with people yoking 4 feet from me just engorging on nutella.

9/21/14

Always get the itch to train again at the end of my week off. Hit some good old biceps. I will be training these punctually I think from now on. Warmed up with some bands and hit it.

Barbell curls
45x8
65x8
95x5
115x5
145x8

Banded curls x 50,000

Bicep Cramps
x10
xall night
xtomorrow too
xhopefully gone by Tuesday.

9/22/14

BW@230

Back Squat
45x10
135x8
225x5
315x2
belt on
365x1 awesomely fast, stood up faster with this than 315
405x2
405x2 easier than 1st set, but the second rep i dive bombed and i kind of felt slow in the middle
405x2 good finish. tbh this weight felt heavy in the hole but very light on my back and toward mid-way.

20 Rep Squat Set (Late Jesse Marunde tribute, didn’t even know the guy, but i feel obligated to do these kinds of things not as a test of testicular fortitude, but more as a way to keep my head strong, and gut in check for the simple sake of it.)

315x20 this set dogged my mind before I did it, but in the midst of it I felt relief knowing I wasn’t falling apart that bad, even toward the end besides some cramping. I like shit like this.

#Cantwalk

So relieved to get this heavy day over with.

Light bench and will include some overhead on wed/thursday. Gotta keep my shoulders diesel cockstrong motherfucker.

Everything feels better when you get a good lift in.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Everything feels better when you get a good lift in.[/quote]

In truth, it never really is more complicated than that. Or at least it shouldn’t be.

9/28/14

Did some external rotator flossing for my hips in between each set and I think it helped immensely today.

Deadlifts
135x8,5
225x5
315x3
405x3
455x10 PR, left one more in the tank. was very shaky today. hamstrings were pumped from a 3 rep 405 set which is weird as fuck.

Banded leg kickbacks (donkeh kicks)
black x10,x10,x10

Lying hamstring curls (with bands)
black x 10,x10,x10

Pull ups
x5,5,5 lol really not feeling these today

2" axle curls
55x10
75x10
105x8
drop set
85x8
65x8
35x10

Hammer curls (cross body)
40x8
90x8,x8,x8

Srs question. When I train hamstrings directly, I feel like they become more actively involved in day to day movements but also my deadlifting and squatting. Only way I iso my hams is with bands mimicing ghr. For example my hamstrings got a pump/very warm from a warm up set of Deads. Was actually worried of injury. Does certain movements have potential to fux with other things? I never trained biceps while doing strongman in fear I’d tear a bicep. I feel like Chris now fuck.

Srs question. When I train hamstrings directly, I feel like they become more actively involved in day to day movements but also my deadlifting and squatting. Only way I iso my hams is with bands mimicing ghr. For example my hamstrings got a pump/very warm from a warm up set of Deads. Was actually worried of injury. Does certain movements have potential to fux with other things? I never trained biceps while doing strongman in fear I’d tear a bicep. I feel like Chris now fuck.[/quote]

I’ve wondered this stuff myself. I am inclined to think that all else being equal, a bigger/stronger muscle will be less likely to tear. I think that the chance of injury would only increase if you trained muscle groups extensively in isolation and then attempted heavy compound/complex movements with minimal training to put everything together holistically.

As long as you don’t add da sterons I don’t think you’ve got any tearing to worry about dawg.

[quote]BCpowder wrote:

Srs question. When I train hamstrings directly, I feel like they become more actively involved in day to day movements but also my deadlifting and squatting. Only way I iso my hams is with bands mimicing ghr. For example my hamstrings got a pump/very warm from a warm up set of Deads. Was actually worried of injury. Does certain movements have potential to fux with other things? I never trained biceps while doing strongman in fear I’d tear a bicep. I feel like Chris now fuck.[/quote]

I’ve wondered this stuff myself. I am inclined to think that all else being equal, a bigger/stronger muscle will be less likely to tear. I think that the chance of injury would only increase if you trained muscle groups extensively in isolation and then attempted heavy compound/complex movements with minimal training to put everything together holistically. [/quote]

I always heard the bigger the muscle, the larger the contraction on the tendon increasing tear. But Chris’ mention on da sterons is rather assuaging.

9/30/14

Got in and got out.

Squats
95x5x5 front squat every other set so might have been more sets idunno

Single leg squats (band going around my hips to help me isolate my right leg)
x10,10,10,10