T Nation

Lurko's Lab Results

Hi all, been lurking here for a long time. Here’s my case - my libido has been borderline nonexistent for the past few years. I decided to finally get my hormone levels checked.

• 32 years old
  • 5’10"
  • about 32 inch waist
  • 170lb
  • I take 0.25mg of propecia (finasteride) every morning

Okay, so the first time I went to see a doc (2 weeks ago) he flat out refused to test for a few things - like LH, free test or E2. He said they weren’t relevant, and wouldn’t sign off on them. That’s when I realized I’d already have to book another doctors appointment (I saw another doc - an endo - a week later).

From first doc:
Serum Testosterone: 896 ng/dL (348-1197) (I had ejaculated maybe two hours prior to the blood being drawn)
TSH: 0.878 uIU/mL (0.45-4.5)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy: 34.2 ng/mL (30-100)
T4: 1.37 ng/dL (0.82-1.77)

So I’m wondering if I have abnormally low TSH levels.

So then I go see the endo. He agreed to everything except pregnesone:
This was taken 6 days after the first blood test:
PSA: 0.7 ng/mL (<4.0)
E2: 19 pg/mL (<63)
FSH: 7.4 miu/mL (1.3-11.4)
LH: 4.2 miu/mL (1.2-7.8)
Prolactin: 4.0 ng/mL (3.0-30)
T4: 7.2 ug/DL (4.4-12.4)
TSH: 0.9 uiu/mL (0.5-4.7)
DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (103-446)
Testosterone, total: 608 ng/dL (292-1052)
SHBG: 68 nmol/L (17-66) So this showed up as abnormal
Free Test: 7.9 ng/dL (4.8 - 25.0)

What do ya’ll think? My SHBG is off, while my tsh and free test are on the low side, it seems.

Edit: changed “globulin” to SHBG for clarity. I think that’s my concern is that so much of my test is bound to this useless protein

The elevation in globulins could be due to dehydration but since no value for albumin or your CBC/electrolyte/kidney panels aren’t there dehydration is not possible to analyze. A slightly elevated globulin such as yours could be associated with dehydration or chronic inflammation etc.

The elevation in globulins could be due to dehydration but since no value for albumin or your CBC/electrolyte/kidney panels aren’t there dehydration is not possible to analyze. A slightly elevated globulin such as yours could be associated with dehydration or chronic inflammation etc.

I had that checked (wasn’t sure if relevant).
Albumin, serum: 4.6 g/dL (3.5-5.5)

Oh, and not sure if I labeled the globulin right - it was my SHBG value in my previous post (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin)

I can definitely say, upon further research that the elevated SHBG is my biggest concern, but also troubling as it takes a lot of different factors to change it.